A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,096
Currently Running With Scissors:
435 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Geek Pride Swap Round 3  (Read 14395 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

photojenn
Clothing Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2007 03:54:25 PM »

I received my package from sarush and I LOVE EVERYTHING!  Seriously this was better than Christmas  Grin

Here's a pic of everything:

Tetris magnets:

Notecards and valentines:

Buttons and a mirror:

Pen/pencil holder:

Veggie stickers:

Tank tops:

Super Mario Brothers marble magnets, an xkcd magnet, and a dry erase board:

Super cute tote bag:

I am absolutely in love with everything!  And I have the worst swap anxiety ever now Smiley

You can also see a blue version of the pen/pencil holder, but I'll let her tell you about that Wink

sarush you were an AMAZING swap partner thank you so much! <3
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010 07:47:09 AM by lapoli - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2007 04:09:44 PM »

LMAO!!

and I opened up my graphics program to see what color FF0000 was!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
kaykayelle
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2007 04:22:54 PM »

That red hot button! I loooove it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
photojenn
Clothing Moderator
Home Sweet Home Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2007 04:35:19 PM »

That red hot button! I loooove it!
That one is actually the mirror Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarush
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2007 06:20:41 PM »

You know what makes a crappy day at work better? Not only getting to leave early! and getting a package full of presents in the mail! but also getting a check for $984!

(note to all you recent grads with loans from the college loan corporation: make your first 9 payments on time and they send you a rebate of the percentage of your remaining balance. which makes me sad if i think about it that way because you know they only give you .0000000000002% of your balance and that's apparently $1k for me)

onto the geeky goods---

here is everything

(as you can see, i was too excited to post everything to take the time to clear off my desk or stage a photo shoot)

an orange sheet of magnets with the most random words ever like 'japanese sword', 'hacker', "virulent', 'civilian' and 'chainsaw'.

cards

binary card

inside of the binary card

(and no i haven't translated it yet. back in high school, i probably could have done it without the key, ha.)

NES controller (magnet)

pacman coasters (LOVE these)

bookmarks

and one more

(haha, didn't we all groan when we would beat the dragon guy and they would tell us that??)

here's my name (well, steph anyway) in binary (magnets)

(my mom is visiting next month and she's a computer geek too. i'm going to leave them on my fridge and see if she can figure out what they are)

cute bag

bag's interior

thanks photojenn! i really love everything. especially all the bead thingies. those take such patience. i remember them always falling off their hooks when i was younger. you can go to sleep tonight with no swap anxiety  Cheesy

thanks helenm for organizing such an awesome swap Smiley
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007 06:21:40 PM by sarush » THIS ROCKS   Logged

[ craft log ] [ wists ]

my job is sending me to training in the dc area from october to march. great for the career and social life but bad for the crafting.
fluffybaka

The Lil Hippies are taking over!

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007 02:02:04 PM »

All these projects are so cool!  I received on Friday, and have pictures, but the internet won't cooperate with me and let me get them here.  It's been a very frustrating process, but I hope to have pics up soon. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.CraftyHippy.etsy.com
Eco-friendly items, patterns, hippies, and more.

I'm on Ravelry, too!
http://www.ravelry.com/designers/stephanie-horn
foldingj
Tribal Handy Man

Reality Bites, I have the teeth marks to prove it

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007 03:42:50 PM »

I received my items from my partner (alana1223) and they absolutely rock.

All Items

Superhero Clock (I actually have this same image as my desktop screen wallpaper)

Superhero magnets (I love these)

Geek Buttons (What defines geek again? lol)

Video Game Ringtones, Nerd Core Hiphop (yep, this defines it. lol)

Stickers and Window Clings

Circuit Board Jewelry (Damn, I almost did the exact same thing. Great minds think alike I guess. Or is it twisted minds?)

Pez Dispensers (Death Star and Vader, what a perfect match. Now, do I keep them as is or stick a flash drive in them? hmmmm......)

Batman Lamp Shade (not bad for her 1st sewing project. I'm so proud of her. Now, I need Alana to teach me to sew.)

Samples (my beloved partner also hosts adult passion parties and she gave me a few sample goodies. I can't wait to try these out.)

I am very very pleased with what I received, as well as with what I sent and what I have seen from everyone else. I got matched up with a kick ass partner (seriously, a geek and a passion party host, there just isn't a better combo is there?) I am very glad I joined this swap and I look forward to the next one. I am getting more ideas every minute.
Thanks again to everyone and I will see you next round.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ah, the internet. Where men are men, women are men, and children are police officers.

My Etsy - http://www.jasonscreations.etsy.com
              NOW OPEN
Yahoo 360 page - http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-4tBJU_MicqowzxNMxuRE64AWogbslNcZkw--?cq=1
detritus
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2007 07:19:08 PM »

Sin esperanza got my package today so she gave me the OK to post some photos of what I made. (Finally! It's so hard keeping all this crafty stuff secret.)

First, a bright pink knitted uterus doll that I made using the pattern from Knitty.

Here's a needle felted sushi pin cushion. It was fun getting the fat marbling to turn out right.

This was by far the project that took me the longest. It's a small felted purse that I made using a combination of needle and wet felting using some roving I dyed myself. Then I embroidered a fern on the front and sewed on a velvet handle. I'm not much of a seamstress, so it was a tough one for me but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Then I made a lace shrug using a Rebecca pattern. It has a really interesting construction, but it's hard to photograph--it kind of looks like a bra. I'm hoping we can get an action shot!

Then I knit some simply constructed armwarmers with a complicated looking mosaic stitch (Barbara Walker was a goddess!) I need to make some of these for myself, they were so fun.

This is my smallest needlefelted project to date. It's an anatomically correct heart pendant. Sorry for the flash, but I wanted to include a quarter for scale. I hope she can find a chain that suits it.

Then here is a decoupaged pen case that has "Apostrophe Protection Society" stenciled on the front. It's funny that this turned out to be the only project that blatantly flaunts its geekiness.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2010 07:48:07 AM by lapoli - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2007 07:23:24 PM »

That felted heart is gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
fluffybaka

The Lil Hippies are taking over!

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2007 12:48:18 AM »

Fezzle, if you remembered to take pictures of my package, feel free to post them.  My pictures don't seem to want to upload on any sites at all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.CraftyHippy.etsy.com
Eco-friendly items, patterns, hippies, and more.

I'm on Ravelry, too!
http://www.ravelry.com/designers/stephanie-horn
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Blow Dry Hair
How to Blow Dry Afro-Caribean Hair
How to Blow Dry Curly Hair Straight
How to Blow Dry Curly Hair to Straight
How to Blow Dry Hair Fast
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...