A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,926
Currently Running With Scissors:
456 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Journaling?  (Read 455 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2007 11:50:28 AM »

I have a lot of thoughts running around in my head ( about a lot of subjects) and I would like to write them down.Kinda like a journal but just a lot of ramblings probably.But how does one start????Does anyone have any ideas on how to begin journaling?This wouldn't be just one subject but many.So it probably wouldn't make any sense to anyone that read it.So in other words help!!!!!Thanks everyone  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
beforetherain
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007 02:24:39 PM »

IMO a journal can be anything that YOU want it to be. Because really journaling is something you do for just for yourself (or sometimes to preserve memories for future generations). Personally I cannot keep a journal that is like a daily diary where I record things about my day, the weather, the kids, etc. It just doesn't work for me. Instead my journal is a mix or doodling, collage, painting, photos, and words.  I journal in a book that has watercolor paper in it so it can take a lot of different types of "abuse" such as paint. It may not make sense to anyone else that sees it but I could care less. To me it makes sense. So my advice would be get some type of book or a collection of papers you like and just do it. Don't think about it. Thinking is overrated.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
uluru
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007 02:44:19 PM »

I've kept a journal for a few years. Echo what beforetherainsaid. My journals are pretty much me spurging on the page...in words, sketches, doodles, paint etc etc. I love it. And yeah, it would make no sense to anyone else. But thats kinda the point for me...its an outlet for stuff that can't really be communicated.

As regards starting, yeah, just do it. Perhaps it might be good to start with WHY you want to journal, what appeals about it... that was my first page and was pretty good to just get me to think and write...

Good luck, enjoy it. xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY WISTS: http://www.wists.com/uluru

WEB DEISGN PORTFOLIO: www.mariewilkins.co.uk
morglanc

hey, are you going to throw that away?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007 04:40:45 PM »

i have a book just like that. just find a book you realy like that inspires you to use it.....and when you get one of those randon thoughts.....jot it down.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i love personal swaps. i'm looking to swap my art or paper crafts for some re-usable fabric snack bags, fabric sandwich wraps, fabric paper towels, glass pendants, ephemera, or art books.

http://www.wists.com/morglanc

http://morglanc.blogspot.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Craft a Duct Tape Halloween Bag
How to Craft a Duct Tape Backpack
How to Craft a Christmas Gourd Snowman
How to Turn Regular Socks Into Non-Skid Slipper Socks
How to Make Christmas Party Hats
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...