A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 304,843
Currently Running With Scissors:
450 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Lacey Casey Cap - with pics and pattern! Another super hooker creation!  (Read 2457 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

super hooker
« on: June 21, 2007 11:14:49 AM »

Well, I am at it again! I just LOVE writing patterns! *dances around, twirling hook in air!*

My friend Jen showed me another picture of a hat that she liked and asked me to write a pattern for it. We are going to make a few of these in different colors for our friend Casey who is having a baby. In light of our friend Casey, we have named the cap after her.

Smiley

Not to toot my own horn but I really seem to have a knack for figuring out how to make things. Its just something I've always been good at doing sooooooo this is right up my alley.

Anyway, here is the hat. I've put two links for the pictures up since I still cannot post pictures within a new topic because I have yet to make 10 posts.

Also, the pattern is at the end. If you make this, let me know how it turns out for you. I would really appreciate that!

Enjoy!

Lacey Casey Cap

Materials Needed:
I hook
Caron Simply Soft yarn approx. 4oz
Plastic tapestry needle

Ch 4 and join with sl st in first ch

Rnd 1: Ch 3 (counts as first dc), 9dc in ring, sl st in 3rd ch of turning ch to join. ~ 10dc
Rnd 2: Ch 3, dc in first dc, 2dc in each dc around, sl st in 3rd ch of turning ch to join ~ 20dc
Rnd 3: Ch 3, 2dc in next dc, *dc in next dc, 2dc in next dc* rep from * to * around, sl st in 3rd ch of turning ch to join ~ 30dc
Rnd 4: Ch 3, dc in next dc, 2dc in next dc, *dc in each of next 2 dc, 2dc in next dc* rep from * to * around, sl st in 3rd ch of turning ch to join ~ 40dc
Rnd 5: Ch 3, dc in each of next 2dc, 2dc in next dc, *dc in each of next 3dc, 2dc in next dc* rep from * to * around, sl st in 3rd ch of turning ch to join ~ 50dc
Rnd 6: Ch 3, dc in each of next 8dc, 2dc in nect dc, *dc in each of next 9dc, 2dc in next dc* rep from * to * around, sl st in 3rd ch of turning ch to join ~ 55dc
Rnd 7: Ch 3, dc in each dc around, sl st to 3rd ch of turning ch to join ~ 55dc
Rnd 8: Ch 1, sc in same sp, *ch 3, sk 3 dc, 1sc in each of next 3dc* rep * to * to last 2dc. Work 1sc in each of last 2dc, sl st to first sc to join.
Rnd 9: Ch 1, sl to ch3 sp, *work 5dc in ch 3sp, sk 1sc, work 1sc in next sc (the center sc of the 3), sk last sc* rep * to * around to last 3sc. Sc in center sc of the 3, sl st to top of first dc in group.
Rnd 10: Ch 1, sc in each of next 3dc of group (the center dc's of the 5), *ch 3, sk to 2nd dc of group, work 1sc in each of next 3 dc (center 3 dc's of 5dc group)* rep * to * around to last 5dc group. Complete 3 sc's in center of 5dc group, ch 3, sl st to first sc to join.
Rnd 11: sl to 2nd sc of group (center sc). Ch 1, sc in same sp, *work 5dc in ch3 sp, sk 1sc, sc in next sc (center) sk 1sc* around to last ch3 sp. Work 5dc in last ch3 sp, sl to first sc to join.
Rnd 12: Sl to 2nd dc of 5dc group, ch 1, sc in same sp, sc in each of next 2 dc (center 3dc of 5dc group), *ch 3, sk to 2nd dc of group, work 1sc in each of next 3dc (center 3dc's of 5dc group)* rep * to * around to last 5dc group. Complete 3 sc's in center of 5dc group, ch 3, sl st to first sc to join.
Rnd 13:  Repeat Rnd 11
Rnd 14:  Repeat Rnd 12
Rnds 15-16: (optional to add extra height for larger child) Repeat Rnds 11-12
Rnd 15 (17): Ch 3, dc in each of 3 scs, *work 3 dcs in the ch3 sp, dc in each of next 3sc of previous round* Rep * to * around. Sl st to join. ~ 66dc
Rnd 16 (18): Ch 1, sc in each dc around. Sl st to join. Fasten off. ~ 66sc

Weave in any loose ends.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2011 08:44:48 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
yelley
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007 11:50:38 AM »

that's a cute hat.. i might try making this ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://twocenthooker.blogspot.com/
http://www.wists.com/yelley
i'm yelley on ravelry... be my friend ^_^
Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007 12:02:36 PM »

Like I said over at the 'ville it is a pretty hat and now I'm going to have to make it. I can't resist it now lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
Stars_Fire_17
Drop the Yarn and no one gets hurt!

Kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007 11:22:39 PM »

Ooo great color and pattern
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kit

"Stars, hide your fires, Let not light see my black and deep desires"
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DIY Snake Charmer Costume for Halloween
Is It Time to Get a Chemical Peel?
Tips For Long Lasting Makeup and Oily Hair
Manicure Trends from Fashion Week Designers
Selena Gomez Fresh Face Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...