A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,625
Currently Running With Scissors:
630 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bouquet and Hankerchief charms  (Read 9425 times)
Tags for this thread: bouquet , photo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

goodtimegirl
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2007 10:15:36 AM »

That's such an excellent idea!! I'm getting married in four months, and both my fiance and I have lost very important people in our lives in the past several years. We were trying to find ways to include their memories into our ceremonies, and this is such a wonderful idea.

Thank you so much for sharing!!

I think I will save this as a surprise for my fiance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*MAR*
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2007 11:30:03 AM »

Aw..how sad!

They look very pretty hanging, though.  The ribbon you used is very lovely.

I ripped all the bouquets and centerpieces apart, chucked the detritus and have about 4 or 5 big arrangements around the house. I hated to see the hydrangeas die!

Hey Sweets, did you get your charms done yet? I can't wait to see them. I love that ribbon I found too, with the stripes of varying shades of green. It is absolutely perfect for me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
*MAR*
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2007 03:30:00 PM »

I'm working on our personal wedding photo album, and going through the photos I realized I didn't ever post any decent shots of our bouquets with the charms on them. Here's a shot of the charms in action. Also, a shot of the bouquet. My sister and I chose each flower ourselves, and my Mom and I made the bouqets the day of the wedding.

Here is my husband's charms. I attached them to his bout', the bout' was fairly crumpled and sagging from hugging and heat at this point. Poor little hydrangea!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2007 05:36:37 PM »

Ooooh so pretty!  I love these shots.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
thekster
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2007 06:08:54 PM »

Dang! I attached my charms the other day but I like the way you did yours way better. I wrapped a piece of blue material, sewn into a wide ribbon, around as the base and then put a less wide pink ribbon and tiny white ribbon around that so that the blue showed through. I left the pink and white ones long because my sister said she liked 'em like that, and then I tied 3 charms onto the white one. I like them like that, but I also kinda feel like it doesn't look that great. Once I get the dress made, I'll hold the bouquet up and see if I still like it and if I don't, I'm totally doing it like yours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
carrieme
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2007 06:10:42 PM »

I love the photo charms, that is such a beautiful thing to have with you!  Where did you come up with that idea?  
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy shop   http://www.carrieme.etsy.com
Wist:  http://www.wists.com/verycarrie
Visit my blog http://sewverycarrie.blogspot.com
pm me if you want to swap!
SeaSun
The Red SeaSun

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2007 10:42:39 AM »

my sister wants to do that for her wedding ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafts--> http://seasundaytoday.blogspot.com/
Creative Cakes by EMMA ---> http://ccbyemma.blogspot.com/
\(_o)/
*MAR*
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2007 10:50:54 AM »

I love the photo charms, that is such a beautiful thing to have with you!  Where did you come up with that idea?  

I make a lot of photo charms for jewelry I sell, to personalize it. I was trying to think of a way to honour my late Father and Grandfather, and this seemed like the least obtrusive way of doing it. And I like ribbons and charms and wanted to include as much meaning in my wedding as possible. So, this worked out well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
*MAR*
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2007 10:53:44 AM »

Thanks Sweets. Seems like I am coming across some different shots now that I am doing our wedding album. I already did one for my Mom and Grandmother, but that was of their favourite shots. So, I'm re-exploring the pictures!

Kster, I want to see a photo of how you did that. My main concern with hanging them was that they would hang nicely over my hand as I carried the bouquet and that I could remove them easily later. But, you're doing silks, right? So, you don't have to worry about that last part.

Dang! I attached my charms the other day but I like the way you did yours way better. I wrapped a piece of blue material, sewn into a wide ribbon, around as the base and then put a less wide pink ribbon and tiny white ribbon around that so that the blue showed through. I left the pink and white ones long because my sister said she liked 'em like that, and then I tied 3 charms onto the white one. I like them like that, but I also kinda feel like it doesn't look that great. Once I get the dress made, I'll hold the bouquet up and see if I still like it and if I don't, I'm totally doing it like yours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2007 02:57:56 PM »

I am indeed doing silks. I just really like how yours are right there on your hand and there's no way people won't see them. I tried to take action pictures but it's hard to do by yourself, without finding someplace even to take timed shots. Once I find my camera and someone to help take pics, I'll post some.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design a Cartoon Pig
How to Do a Pokemon Drawing
How to Create a Cartoon Fish
How to Practice Drawing Bulldog
How to Draw a Duck
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...