A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,695
Currently Running With Scissors:
777 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bouquet and Hankerchief charms  (Read 9443 times)
Tags for this thread: bouquet , photo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

daisy525
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007 04:49:45 PM »

Sweets-  I love what is being read at the beginning of your ceremony.  Where did you find that?  My mom died a little over a year ago and I'm getting married next May.  I miss her like crazy and wish she was here to help with wedding planning.  I would love to have something like that said at the beginning of our wedding, but I don't think I could handle it as I started crying just reading it.  So, so beautiful.

Mar-the charms are really lovely.  I definately think this is something that I will try to do for our wedding.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't let your heart be broken by this world.
                                                -Dan Bern
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007 04:57:32 PM »

Sweets-  I love what is being read at the beginning of your ceremony.  Where did you find that?  My mom died a little over a year ago and I'm getting married next May.  I miss her like crazy and wish she was here to help with wedding planning.  I would love to have something like that said at the beginning of our wedding, but I don't think I could handle it as I started crying just reading it.  So, so beautiful.

Aw...that is sweet!  It was part of a wedding package I got from an officiant here.  I signed up on their website requesting pricing information and it spit out an auto-generated "personalized wedding package" to my e-mail instantly. Cheesy

There are all sorts of readings, poems, ceremony configurations, etc., included.  If anyone is interested, I'd be more than happy to forward it via e-mail (it's quite long and in a Word document).  PM me your e-mail if you're interested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
*MAR*
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2007 12:15:28 AM »

All right, after spending the day with my Grandma, I realize one thing. I need to be more specific when asking for recipes. I have been making her recipe for "candied pecans" all these years, hoping they will turn out like hers. When, what I should have been asking her for was her recipe for "SWEDISH pecans". Good grief, I have been making one recipe and hoping it will magically morph into another.

Now, the candied pecans are good. Mind you. But, the SWEDISH pecans are un-friggin-believable. And these are the ones she did for our wedding favours.

I have pried this recipe from her hands, witnessed her cooking said recipe, and can confirm, THIS, ladies, is the real deal............

Swedish Nuts - by Marcy Bennett, by way of Jean Schell

3 1/2 to 4 cups of pecan halves
1 cup sugar
dash of salt
2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
1/2 cup butter

Toast nuts until light brown 325 degrees (put them on a sided cookie sheet)
Fold sugar, salt into egg whites, beat until stiff peaks form
Fold nuts into meringue
Melt butter onto another empty cookie sheet (sided cookie sheet) and spread nut mixture over butter.
Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes
Stir every 10 minutes.
No butter should remain

You nuts should turn out with a light coating of egg whites, all crystalized and delicious.

Go, now, try this.
You will hate me for it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
halblingefrau

Skillz. I has dem.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2007 07:03:21 PM »

That's a lovely idea.  It is so important to me to include my late grandmother in the ceremony somehow, but I didn't want to be morbid either.  I'm going to wear some of her antique jewelry (in my hair b/c the woman was tiny and no necklaces or rings fit me), but I might make a pendant for either the bouquet or to pin to the inside of my dress, so she's with me.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog | Wists

PM me for personal swaps.
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2007 07:07:34 PM »

My charms have been shipped...woot! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*MAR*
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2007 07:56:32 PM »

My charms have been shipped...woot! Smiley

Yeah! Can't wait to see yours!
I'm going to do a trial run with the bouquet wrapping this week, and see how I want to hang them from the satin wrap.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Anna D.
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007 08:34:30 PM »

My FI and I both wanted to commemorate certain family members that have passed, during our wedding, without being morbid and making everyone sad. So, we're adding a memorium page to our ceremony program, and I've created charms for us both. My father and my Grandfather have passed, and I wanted to have a remembrance of each of them. I got silver charms, found my favourite photos of them, shrunk them down, cut them to fit, glued them into the charms, and covered them with a protective layer of Diamond Glaze. I am going to hang these from my bridal bouquet. A subtle, yet meaningful remembrance for me. For my FI, I did a charm of his late Grandfather, then another of his other Grandma & his Papa, who just passed a few weeks ago. I am attaching these to the hankerchief he will wear in his pocket on our wedding day, then he can have his special people with him, too.

Here is a photo of our charms.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y19/BrettAnderson/bouquetandhankiecharmsoflovedones.jpg

This is such a beautiful idea!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007 08:55:37 PM by sweets4ever - Reason: Please remove [IMG] tags when quoting - thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jMi

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2007 01:22:08 PM »

This idea is beautiful, I love it so much!
My father passed away when I was younger and at my wedding I'd like to wear a locket with his picture so he can "walk" me down the aisle.
This project is great and gave me goosebumps Smiley

I am sorry for your losses as well Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
*MAR*
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2007 10:59:07 PM »

charms, hanging:

oh how sad for my wedding flowers to die!
we did all our own flowers, bouquets, bouts, and arrangements:
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2007 06:34:18 AM »

Aw..how sad!

They look very pretty hanging, though.  The ribbon you used is very lovely.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Turning Crafts Into Cash
How to Make a Guitar Pick from a Gift Card
How to Make Tissue Paper Stars
How to Build Your Own Volcano
How to Make a Statue of Liberty Crown for the 4th Of July
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...