A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,694
Currently Running With Scissors:
780 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bouquet and Hankerchief charms  (Read 9958 times)
Tags for this thread: bouquet , photo  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

*MAR*
« on: June 20, 2007 11:35:50 PM »

My FI and I both wanted to commemorate certain family members that have passed, during our wedding, without being morbid and making everyone sad. So, we're adding a memorium page to our ceremony program, and I've created charms for us both. My father and my Grandfather have passed, and I wanted to have a remembrance of each of them. I got silver charms, found my favourite photos of them, shrunk them down, cut them to fit, glued them into the charms, and covered them with a protective layer of Diamond Glaze. I am going to hang these from my bridal bouquet. A subtle, yet meaningful remembrance for me. For my FI, I did a charm of his late Grandfather, then another of his other Grandma & his Papa, who just passed a few weeks ago. I am attaching these to the hankerchief he will wear in his pocket on our wedding day, then he can have his special people with him, too.

Here is a photo of our charms.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007 11:40:08 PM »

That is one of the most thoughtful things I have ever heard. I'm sorry for your guys' loss. It's sweet to have them there in memory for the wedding.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*MAR*
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007 11:49:22 PM »

Aw, thanks. It has been a rough couple of weeks for FI and alot harder for me than I expected. I am glad I got to know his Papa. He was a real dear. Losing him so close to the wedding has been tough on him. I know we both wanted him there so badly! We wanted to be mindful of the people we wished could be there, but without getting our respective families upset. This seemed like a quiet way to go about that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007 03:13:20 AM »

That's a really good idea.
My dad (and fiance's dad) passed away recently too, and I wanted some way to make it seem they're there with us, without being creepy. We were just going to put candles with their picture and a poem or something out, but I might steal this idea too, if that's okay.
I'm sorry about your loss(es) :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2007 04:24:55 AM »

I'm sorry for your loss & thank you so much for sharing with us. Smiley

This is a beautiful idea.  I've been wanting to incorporate something similar, but haven't found frames/charms that I like.  Where did you get yours?

Our officiant is going to read this toward the beginning of our ceremony, too:
We now close our eyes and bring to mind any loved ones who could not be here today.  Though they are absent physically, we invoke, through our thought and prayers, their loving presence.  We pray that God might multiply beyond measure the blessings from these loved ones to this loving couple, and any children who might one day be a part of this union.  Now, from our hearts, we ourselves visualize and sanctify all the blessings we would bestow on Jean and Justin in their lives as a couple and a family.  And in our sincere desire to bless, we in turn, are blessed also.  Blessed Be.

We are Jean & Justin, obviously. Cheesy

I don't think it's too morbid, but I know it's going to make our parents bawl right off the bat because all of our grammys & grampas have passed over the last 10 years.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dopey_44
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007 05:27:57 AM »

this is cool i like it and i like when they are of family memebers way cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/dopey44/

http://www.wists.com/dopey_44

love to spoil when i swap Smiley
i also LOVE popcorn mmmm Popcorn
brideOFkniterstein

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007 08:10:09 AM »

i'm so sorry for your loss.

i, too, was wondering where you got the "frames"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down with Personal Swaps
My Wist

BRIDES-TO-BE: i have wedding stuff i would love to swap away. pm me for list of items!
*MAR*
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007 11:18:13 AM »

Thanks guys.
No problem, whoever wants to use this idea is welcome. I have gotten so many good ideas off Craftster, I try to give back if I have a decent idea here and there.

I got the pendants from Lisa Pavelka's website. But, I go back there now, and I don't see the same ones. I had a hard time finding the exact charm pendant that I wanted. Here is her website, and the page the bezels used to be listed on. http://www.coveredinclay.com/jewelry_findings.htm

I use her collage and waterslide transfer sheets and medium. I only see the linked collage bracelet that is close to the little pendants I bought a while ago.

If I find another place that carries them, I'll post it here. Artchix has a few that are similar. These are fairly perfect, and always out of stock because they are perfect:  http://www.artchixstudio.com/mall/ab909.asp

BTW, Jean, you have my beloved Grandma's name. She is my only living Grandparent, is 93 and will be at our wedding. She has helped me make candied pecans for our 77 guests, as the favours! I think it is really sweet that you will have that read at the beginning of your ceremony. Very nice.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2007 11:29:30 AM »

Thank you so much for the info on Lisa Pavelka and Archix.  I'm going to those sites right after this post! Grin

It's weird to see someone address me as my name and not "Sweets."  It definitely got my attention!  Jean was my grandma who passed away before I was born (my dad's mom) & Gene is my dad's middle name.  It's not a name I run across very often.  I'm happy to hear of another and sucha sweetie. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dopey_44
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2007 11:49:03 AM »

Ok im going to get off track here for a min. but if i may ask how do you do your canied pecans
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/dopey44/

http://www.wists.com/dopey_44

love to spoil when i swap Smiley
i also LOVE popcorn mmmm Popcorn
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Worst Dressed at Golden Globes...Ever?
Different Celebrities With the Same Dress
Grammys Red-Carpet Style
Jessica Chastain Vs Anne Hathaway Style
Oscars Red Carpet Highlights
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...