A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,170
Currently Running With Scissors:
718 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shrug it ON. :)  (Read 43027 times)
Tags for this thread: shawl , wrap , shrug  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

socomfyhere
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2004 04:37:34 PM »

I have a question about this (since I mainly make scarves I don't know much about following a pattern):  for the rib pattern it says 'k2 (k2, p2)' what does that mean?

Help would be totally appreciated as I would LOOOVE to make this.  V. pretty shrug
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bryonyramsden
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2004 11:47:36 PM »

You look fab in that Smiley  I cast on for this a couple of days ago, and I've just got to the increase every 12th row - is that right?!  That seems to be a long increase! 
I'm using some Rowan Cork (for those in the know, it's from a frogged Freda that looked rediculous on me! Cheesy) for it that seems to match the gauge and number of metres needed, but at the mo I can't see me having enough Sad  I shall see anyway Smiley

Socomfyhere - I think you are misreading the pattern.  From what I see it says "k2 (p2 k2)" for the first line of rib and then "p2 (k2 p2)" for the second.  All this means is that you start with the bit outside the brackets, and then repeat the bit inside the brackets until the end of the row.  Hope that helps you Smiley  I'd like to see another one or two Hugs made up before I get to the end of mine Wink

Bryony
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am so boring I think people should be interested in me. 
www.bryonyramsden.co.uk/wp - Library Girl Knits
bryonyramsden
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2004 12:34:42 AM »

Ok, I've just done some more increase work, and I really don't think I'll have enough yarn Sad  To those people who have made this - would it be a really bad thing to increase every 6th row instead of every 12th row, and then knit the thin bit at the back a bit longer?  That would save me frogging too much, the arms are quite long anyway, and that way I might be able to knit the whole thing with my Cork.  Otherwise I might have to knit the back in a different colour, which I really don't fancy doing, but if I have to I will - don't really want to buy more yarn when I got it for free for a different project anyway, and the colour difference might be too much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wizkid
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2004 09:38:21 PM »

I've also cast on for this, and it seems like the sleeves are soooooooooo long with the increase every 12 rows. Yet, I keep on knitting.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the blog: http://katiesredumbrella.blogspot.com/

the etsy: http://katiecanavan.etsy.com

ravelry: serafinapekkala
Trebuchet

I already made infinity of those at scout camp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2004 07:38:57 AM »

Gosh bryonyramsden, I don't know how to answer the question about changing the increases.  I'm pretty new at knitting sweaters and such.  It sounds like that should work in theory. Smiley

I've also cast on for this, and it seems like the sleeves are soooooooooo long with the increase every 12 rows. Yet, I keep on knitting.....

The sleeves on mine come down past my wrists, but I wanted them that way.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bryonyramsden
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2004 10:29:19 AM »

Cheers Trebuchet Smiley  At least I won't have to frog much if it doesn't work, so I might be daring and experiment!  Nothing to lose really!

Bryony
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pretendingsanity
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2004 08:07:17 PM »

I'm almost finished with it, and I don't think it would work to increase every 6 rows, your sleeves will be too short. 

I'm not too thrilled with this pattern.  It could have been a little more thourough.  We'll see how it looks when it's finished.  hmmmm.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bryonyramsden
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2004 11:24:05 PM »

Hmmmm.  Well, I was just sorting through some stash, and found 2 odd balls of Cork in a different colour that I bought ages ago without labels on, so it's only since I was sent the green stuff from Rowan that I have been able to identify it.  If the sleeves will be too short with an increase at the 6th row, then I'll have to make the back in a different colour if the odd bits will go with the green.

Thanks for the tip!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bryonyramsden
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2004 11:30:29 AM »

Ok, I have a question about this pattern.

I've finished increasing every 12th row, and have just added my 45th and 46th stitches.  The next bit of the pattern says to bind off 2 stitches at the beginning of the next two rows.  It seems a bit daft to cast on two stitches only to bind them off straight away, so should I be knitting another set of 12 rows?  Otherwise it seems to imply that I'll have this silly little bit sticking out on the edges for one row...

Anyone who has made this, I would love some advice right now!

Thanks in advance Smiley

Bryony
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trebuchet

I already made infinity of those at scout camp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2004 07:46:00 PM »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that you need to knit another 12 rows before you bind off the two stitches.

You've probably got a good handle on this, but let me know if you'd like me to take better pictures of the shrug off and laid out on a table or something.  It might help to visualize what's going on as you follow the pattern?  I always have to draw little pictures for myself before I understand instructions/patterns. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create the Faux Bob Look
How to Create Glamorous Waves in Your Hair
How to Do a Low Textured Ponytail
How to Style Thick Wavy Hair for an Oval Face
How to Style Curly Hair for a Long Face
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...