A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,217
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A box and two folders [image heavy]  (Read 1397 times)
Tags for this thread: box , folder  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

idrinktea
« on: June 19, 2007 05:32:19 PM »

Hello all, I am new (or rather, delurking, but it amounts to the same). I've been planning on posting these for a while but never got around to taking pictures until today. One of these is over a year old, the other two were made two days ago.

My pictures don't really show the colours off too well, these are much brighter in real life, I just lack the software to correct them.

Firstly, my store-all folder. Made from mat board, decorative paper, lots of glue and a vast amount of scotch tape. Measures about 9.5x12 inches.

The front. I made this in January 2006 and then proceeded to carry it everywhere for a semester. The wear and tear definitely shows, and I clearly wasn't being too smart when I decided on giving it that relatively flimsy spine. It's pretty beat up and doesn't see everyday use anymore but I am still mighty fond of it.

The pockets within.

Detail of the inside. I spent a really long time making sure the strips of paper I cut out fit right back where they were supposed to.

Standing up (or not, because its spine is breaking).

--------
Second, my file folder. Made very recently. Someone asked about DIY file folders a few days ago and I didn't really have an answer but I got right to it and wound up with this. Construction paper and the same decorative paper I used in the folder above plus glue and a tiny bit of tape. Measures 9x11.5 inches.

Front. That pocket thing with the transfer is somewhat atrocious to my eyes but I'm trying to ignore it because the whole deal is really quite functional.

Back.

Inside.

Carrying papers. It turned out to be surprisingly sturdy!

--------
Third and last, my go at papermuse's fantastic accordion box. Matboard, the same decorative paper (I had a lot), glue and everything else she mentioned in the tutorial.

Front, and at an angle.

From the side. You can see the mess I made of the magnets but it stays closed, which is all I really wanted. I'll do better next time.

And open. Sha! There's a lot of glitches but overall I really like how this turned out.

Thoughts, comments, questions, suggestions?

Thanks for looking!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007 05:33:55 PM »

Ooo, now I have to try the accordian box! And the paper you used is lovely.

Could you give a basic run-through as to how you made the first store-all folder? I need one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
idrinktea
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007 05:39:31 PM »

Thank you very much Smiley

The store-all was an exercise in "How Complex Can You Possibly Make This?" because when I try ideas for the first time, I tend to do everything the most difficult way possible. This particular one took forever because of the spine. I could definitely try to put together a tutorial, though it might take a while. Would you want to do it with the same sort of spine or have one that looks more like a traditional binder?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2007 06:14:03 PM »

The store-all was an exercise in "How Complex Can You Possibly Make This?" because when I try ideas for the first time, I tend to do everything the most difficult way possible. This particular one took forever because of the spine. I could definitely try to put together a tutorial, though it might take a while. Would you want to do it with the same sort of spine or have one that looks more like a traditional binder?

Oh I would love a tute! And, uh, what's the difference?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OlalalaurenO

Mommy's little helper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007 06:19:49 PM »

I LOVE stuff that I can store all my junk in!!! Thanks for sharing! You did awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*Lauren*~

My Etsy!
http://theCraftyPrincess.etsy.com
Personal swaps are fun. We should try one.
idrinktea
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007 11:35:38 AM »

Oh I would love a tute! And, uh, what's the difference?

I meant a regular spine that attaches completely to the rest of the binder or one with just the five fiddly pieces of cardboard that hold the whole thing together. I don't really know how to say that clearly. Am I making any sense? I could do both.
I LOVE stuff that I can store all my junk in!!! Thanks for sharing! You did awesome!

Thank you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007 11:36:31 AM »

Ooooh, I get it now! Grin Just a regular spine would be fine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
How to Make Baked Beans
How to Make Chicken Marsala
How to Make Chicken Quesadilla
How to Make Moist Banana Bread
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...