A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
530 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's Hip in Hemp  (Read 5617 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2007 01:46:16 PM »

Wow, great progress everyone! I love the colors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
optimism
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2007 05:05:37 PM »

How is everyone coming along? I am really almost finished! I just completed my last stripe and just have to do the final border. I added an odd stripe at the beginning so i ended up with the border being not in my main color but in CC3. I'm hoping i have enough orange yarn to finish. When i finished my last green stripe I literally had about 6 inches of yarn to spare. phew!

here's hopefully my last in progress photo, showing the close call in vivid green...

Good luck everyone... I want to see pictures if anyone has any!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
elisha

if not now, when?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2007 10:31:54 AM »

it looks amazing, optimism!!!!
scary how close you got with the green. seems as if you will finish today. i am very anxious to see the gorgeous girl dressed in her hand-knit wonder! (but more anxious to see all of you in person).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...the whole world is a narrow bridge, and the main thing is to have no fear at all...
optimism
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2007 11:36:55 AM »

UGH! i have 3 more rows and just ran out of orange yarn, yet i have a whole unused skein of yellow leftover. this is of course due to my own carelessness, no lets say exuberance!, when i wanted to keep going at the beginning while impatiently waiting for my CC 3 and 4 to come in the mail, and therefore moved to my 3rd stripe in my main color.

On the bright side, after calling every yarn store in a 20 mile radius (actually a fair number of them!) without success in finding good old hempathy 015, I just ordered 4 more skeins from yarnbow on ebay. Ill be moving over to the the circular shrug KAL with the extra skeins when this skirt is finished!

now i just have to keep to my mantra... I will wait patiently and not finish the skirt in yellow...I will wait patiently and not finish the skirt in yellow...I will wait patiently...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elisha

if not now, when?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2007 01:56:07 PM »

oooh, you know me...i would FINISH THE SKIRT IN YELLOW. you are the epitome of patience, an example for the rest of us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...the whole world is a narrow bridge, and the main thing is to have no fear at all...
Tribe
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2007 02:04:34 PM »

I just cast on this afternoon for my youngest, in a size 2. I got the yarn as soon as I saw this pattern on knitty but first had to finish up 2 sock pairs.

I am doing a slight alteration to the waist, I'm doing 4 rows st st,1 row purl, 4 rows st st with eyelets/yo holes so I can put in a drawstring instead of elastic, give it a lil more of a hippie flare Smiley (plus my sewing machine is currently packed away and I cannot hand sew elastic, or well anything else for that matter lol)

I won't be able to post progress pics as I am using my friends computer :/ But i will find a way to post completed pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
andreacs
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2007 07:01:40 AM »

OK, I'm in too.  I cast on over the weekend and am making slow but steady progress.  My LYS didn't have the Hempathy yarn and I was so impatient to get started.  I got Manos Cotton Stria, which is pretty different as far as gauge goes, but had the lovliest colors and is sooo soft.  So I did a little math (which was a little scary, as I've never adjusted a pattern before), and so far so good.  I'm making what should work out to be a tiny bit smaller than the size 2 in the pattern for my 20 month old daughter. 

I'll try to get pics up when she's napping this afternooon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elaineofshalott
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2007 08:36:28 AM »

H'lo all! I've just started one of these for myself in women's size small. I'm using the recommended yarn in dark purple, "white beach" (tan/off-white), "mild green" (sort of a yellowy green), and sage. I have a possibly stupid question for gudrun or anyone else who's more experienced in colorwork than I am: Is there any reason why I can't just carry the different color yarns along the back (inside) of the work in between stripes, rather than snipping them every stripe and then having to weave in all those ends? (There probably is, I'm just not thinking of it right now...) Thanks to anyone who responds, and good to see all your progress shots!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tribe
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2007 09:00:54 AM »

I am carrying the yarn, I hate weaving in ends. It does make the beginning of the yarn a little messy with all those balls of yarn, but so worth it to not weave in ends!

I am a tight knitter and found the size 5 to knit the fabric too loose, did anyone else have that? If/when I make one for myself I think I will use a size 3 needle, 4 is ok for the girls but i don't want peek a panty lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
optimism
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2007 09:52:37 AM »

Hello andreacs, tribe and elaineofshallot. welcome.

regarding the weaving; as i PATIENTLY wait for my extra yarn to come in the mail, i have little do but weave in the ends... it actually didn't take long, about 1/2 hour, and in the end its pretty tidy. At the outset, Elisha and I were lamenting having to do this and coming up with lots of strategies to avoid it, but it was not a big deal actually. I would think the problem with carrying the yarn down would be that when you get to the eyelet part, there is an eyelet right where the colors change and the vertical strands might show through through, unless you can tack them to the side around that section or something . its pretty open in those areas, and i had to be very careful when weaving to keep the strands hidden.

glad to have a few more knitters along for this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Replace Color Command in Photoshop
Macho Makeover - Part 3
Macho Makeover - Basic Adjustments 1
Macho Makeover - Introduction - Part 1
Using Lip Gloss Optimizer in Photoshop Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...