A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 305,736
Currently Running With Scissors:
652 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's Hip in Hemp  (Read 6273 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

andreacs
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2007 05:51:01 AM »

Optimism, I love your skirt...the colors are so lovely!  Your daughter too!!

I just started the C/D section and boy is it going much faster!  Those M1 increases were a litle tight. That combined w/this yarn, which is all wavy and a bit splitty, meant it was a slow going.  I think I'm about 2/3rds of the way done now, woohoo!

Oh, and I figured out the answer to my question about the puckery-ness...d'oh  I forgot that the skirt has a wavy hem..no wonder it's a little puckered as it's held straight by the needle.   Cheesy Roll Eyes

THIS ROCKS   Logged
andreacs
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2007 05:37:34 AM »

Well, I knit my little fingers to the bone yesterday and bound off last night!  Woo Hoo!  I still have all gazillion ends to weave in, and it's still a little puckery, but I'm hopeful that a good blocking will cure that.  I think it might be the yarn sub...my curves are much more pronounced than on the others, but it gives the bottom the cutest little flare, it kids of looks like a tulip!

Here it is on my daughter, the size is absolutely perfect!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
optimism
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2007 06:58:33 AM »

Andreacs--
well done! its adorable on her. I definitely think blocking will completely smooth it out. I just ironed my under a damp cloth and it went perfectly smooth and flat. Cool that everyone is moving along so quickly. its kind of addictive and yes, once you get the to c/d the yarn overs make is so much faster.

looking forward to more finished skirts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2007 08:27:56 AM »

Your daughter and the skirt is adorable!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
gudrun
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2007 12:33:54 PM »

Your daughter and the skirt look so cute! Nice to see that the wee size worked out ok too! Blocking with the skirt damp and with an iron should help the puckering....I'm not sure what the care is for the yarn you used but with the hempathy I throw it in the machine all the time and it softens up and the drape gets better. Could you email me a pic for my blog?
Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
andreacs
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2007 02:55:28 PM »

Here it is post blocking -

Not the best pic, but it looks perfect!  (Big bro couldn't stand not getting his picture taken too, lol)

Here's a close up:

Optimism, thanks for the tip about blocking...I was fully prepared to do a full on wet block w/pins...thanks for saving me about 3 days!

Gudrun, the only thing for the size 2 was that if you follow the chart as written and end on row 61, that puts you at CC1 instead of CC3.  I just ended sooner (since my daughter is not quite 2 yet) and I love the length for her.  But the pattern is so clear it was easy to figure out on my own.  I will email you pics when I get a better one.  These are pretty blurry, but I was impatient to post the final results.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007 02:56:12 PM by andreacs » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tribe
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2007 05:13:57 PM »

Oh I am so jealous! Your skirts look fabulous! Andreacs-what yarn did you use?

I am closing on my house next week and want to be done by then but the last few dayys have been hectic so I haven't gotten much done *sigh* Seeing your skirts done makes me want to jump up and do nothing but knit tonight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
andreacs
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2007 05:22:37 PM »

I used Manos Cotton Stria in Olive (dark green), Pistachio (light green), Mist (light blue) and I think Spice (reddish).  I got nowhere near gauge (20 st/in vs. 24 in the pattern), but all that matters is that you cast on a # divisible by 17 for the pattern repeat (or close enough so that you can increase a few in the first set-up row), so the math was pretty easy to do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gudrun
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2007 06:25:23 PM »

Thanks for the heads up on the mistake! I've changed it on my blog so anyone knitting the size 2 or 4 can go there for the changes. Don't worry if you have already started as this only affects the very end of the skirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
andreacs
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2007 06:36:25 PM »

Oh I just remembered one other thing...if you are knitting a size 2...the elastic is only 18 (or was it 18.5) inches long...that makes it pretty tough to insert into the waistband using a 24 inch long circ.  I would recommend either inserting it after you've finished or using a 16 inch circ for the waistband.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Maple French Toast Recipe
Meatless Chili Recipe
How to Make Fun and Creative Pancakes For Kids
How to Make Scrambled Eggs
Healthy Kitchen Swaps
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...