A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,196
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Eunny Jang's Print O' The Wave Stole- along (Part 2)  (Read 10911 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ibunnysavetroy
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2007 07:53:16 AM »

I know this knitalong is sorta dead, but LOOK!

(more details on the blog)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vildhavre
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2007 08:26:49 AM »

Ohh, I really want to knit this stole, it is so beautiful! But I'll have to figure out if my handspun silk/merino blend is enough or if I need to spin something new to knit it with. I've got 915 m (1000 yards) of it, it weighs 67 g (2,4 oz) and is approx 30-40wpi.. well.. I guess that should be enough..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for a DIY handmade paper kit!
KatyLouise
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2007 06:09:17 AM »

Hi there  Smiley

I started knitting this shawl about a week ago.  I'm halfway through now the centre panel (I'm knitting the it in one piece) but I'm worried it's going to be a bit short.  So far it's only 22 inches (56cm) long, unstretched.  I'm using HipKnits laceweight cashmere and 3mm needles.  I just wondered how big other people's were before blocking.  I've never done lace this fine before, so does it really stretch?

Hope someone can help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redwitch
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2007 08:48:52 PM »

It does stretch, maybe you should try blocking it on the needles/without casting off? Also if you have a scale, find out how much weight each repeat takes, and do the same with the border/edging pattern, don't forget the circular 2 or however many rows, and then you will be able to use the whole lot knowing how many repeats you have wool for?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ibunnysavetroy
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2007 07:24:18 AM »

I don't know if this is any help but I've only done four repeats on my print and its about 4 inches long, not stretched AT ALL... So you say you've done 17....Mine at that time will most likely only by 17 inches long, and your's is 22 in,....Blocking will stretch it ALOT. I dont know about yours but mine is extremely scrunched up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KatyLouise
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2007 08:08:18 AM »

Thanks, both your replies were helpful.   Smiley I decided not to block it and just carry on and see what happens (I'm quite lazy).  I'm on my 33rd repeat now (only one more to go - yay!) and I'm actually ok with the length.  It's 48 inches long.  And it is very stretchy.  But I now have another question.  I'm a little apprehensive about picking up all the stitches along the edge to do the border.  Does anyone else have any tips about this?  And also, I read that there's an errata to the pattern.  I followed the link, but it didn't seem to make sense to me.  Did anyone else change the pattern, or just follow it as it's written? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Artist Paints Celebrity Faces on Peanuts
Art and The Occult
Artist Uses Smoke to Create Stunning Paintings
Art Worth $30 Million Found in Garage
Free Agents Set It Off in Miami
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...