A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,086
Currently Running With Scissors:
767 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: So how many people here are from Maine?  (Read 19807 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

warneram
« Reply #90 on: April 07, 2006 06:16:40 PM »

Rick Charette! and Native American names! who doesn't remember having to sing the "16 counties in our state" song with those crazy Native American words! and let's not forget Whoopie Pies.

I know this is a really old post, but I couldn't resist replying. I am from maine and my grandmother makes the most rockin whoopie pies ever! I was born in Boothbay Harbor, grew up in western Maine (Denmark - anyone else?), went to college in Orono, met my to-be Hubby in Old Town, and his mom lives in Bar Harbor. Now we are in Buffalo, NY - we moved so that I could go to law school, now I'm an attorney and Evan is in law school. Maine winters are way worse, but at least you all see the sun every now and then!! Buffalo is, for the most part, grey from October to May! The cost of living here cant be beat - which will make our eventual move back to New England hard to swallow financially, but we know we cant stay away forever!

I miss the nature, which I have come to appreciate more and more over the years.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RaeAmazon

The Amazon Woman of North America

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2006 06:27:36 AM »

Anothah Mainah heah, deah.

trans: also from Maine....

Wink  moved back from Vermont 9 years ago...how could I live in a state with no coastline??

Ayuh, ain't that the truth! Smiley  I can't imagine living somewhere with no beaches!  How do people in the Midwest do it?  I figure we have the perfect combination of ocean, lakes, mountains, woods, and other geographical features.  Plus we pretty much never have any disastrous weather.  I think New Englanders are God's chosen people. . .  Smiley

As for people talking about nothing to do-- well, the further No'th you go, the less there is!  Until you hit Canada of course.  But Southern Maine has all kinds of stuff going on.  I think when you're a young person, you think the social scene MUST be better ANYWHERE ELSE.  But Portland has all kinds of stuff!  I mean, we have an art museum for cripes sake!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006 12:11:18 PM by RaeAmazon » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a writer but I still believe this:

Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flamethrower.
dory14ksmith
« Reply #92 on: April 15, 2006 06:18:57 PM »

RaeAmazon quote
Ayuh, ain't that the truth! Smiley  I can't imagine living somewhere with no beaches!  How do people in the Midwest do it?  I figure we have the perfect combination of ocean, lakes, mountains, woods, and other geographical features.  Plus we pretty much never have any disastrous weather.  I think New Englanders are God's chosen people. . .  Smiley

As for people talking about nothing to do-- well, the further No'th you go, the less there is!  Until you hit Canada of course.  But Southern Maine has all kinds of studd going on.  I think when you're a young person, you think the social scene MUST be better ANYWHERE ELSE.  But Portland has all kinds of stuff!  I mean, we have an art museum for cripes sake

RaeAmazon, I do believe we are on the same page...I lived in Portland for 2 years en route from Burlington, VT to MDI, Bar Harbor and it's Maine's Boston...  a bit of culture, a bit of edge, decent college population for boisterous progression, and the reality check of a working coastline.  Gritty's pub, the Bitter End...live music wherever anyone will listen...   The only thing we are missing is a subway.  If we get one, let's call it the "P!"
Represent!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2006 06:22:03 PM by dory14ksmith » THIS ROCKS   Logged

RaeAmazon

The Amazon Woman of North America

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: April 16, 2006 12:12:04 PM »

Oh you know it!  Smiley  Looks like you're pickin' up what I'm puttin' down! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a writer but I still believe this:

Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flamethrower.
chrisnev
« Reply #94 on: May 20, 2006 08:26:24 PM »

:oWow I am amzed at all the Mainers on this site!!!! I joined a while ago and havent written as of yet..but here I am!! Grin
I live 50 miles north of Bangor..Lincoln to be exact..my hubby is born and raised in Lincoln and I am from Boston (watertown) Cheesy I love living in Maine and I love the 4 seasons Kiss..wouldnt ever leave..Again..All the Mainiacs!!!!

*******If you lived in Maine..you'd be home now*******
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006 08:36:10 PM by chrisnev » THIS ROCKS   Logged
aessedai
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2006 03:01:38 PM »

Wow! I had forgotten I even posted here.
Let's see, I'm still living in Wiscasset, although I really dislike the whole ghost town for most of the year, tourist trap/traffic central for the summer portion of how it is here.
I think it would be great to live in Portland. It seems like they have some good cultural resources: museums, libraries, ethnic food restaurants and shops, etc...
For now, though, it's Wiscasset for another year (I'm a teacher.)
To answer from like a year and a half ago, my friend who lives in Northport is Jennifer Howard.
Also, i noticed some Old Town references (I went to Orono and met my boyfriend who grew up in Old Town there.)
And the Unity reference, that was awesome. I went there for a year in 1998, and have some great memories associated with that place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.hearthandcreations.com

hearttohandcreation s.etsy.com
subdefective
« Reply #96 on: May 28, 2006 08:57:04 PM »

Figured I should post here. <3 I'm currently living in Orono while I attend UMaine. I'm originally from the Rockport/Camden area, though. I don't like Orono; it's a typical college town and it's fairly boring. There is little to do that doesn't involve drinking in some way. But mostly I miss being by the ocean. Oh well. Yay Maine! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure.
aessedai
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2006 06:07:26 AM »

Subdefective,
For what it's worth, if you haven't checked them out already, I really enjoyed the Ornamental Gardens and University Forest for being in nature and out of the college student stuff.
There's also MDI not too, too far from you. We used to go up for an afternoon on the weekend sometimes and hike or what have you. The Hudson museum is fun, and MCA has some decent cultural programming, and I have heard there's some University related art stuff going on in Bangor since I graduated (a museum?) I know Bangor's not huge, but it is pretty decent if you're looking for something like craft shops or coffee places. Even just for checking out the old houses.
Worst comes to worst, let' switch. I will give you the scenic ocean view and in exchange take the walkable neighborhoods and cultural offerings, which, for Maine, are pretty good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.hearthandcreations.com

hearttohandcreation s.etsy.com
carlierae26
« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2006 01:21:56 PM »

I live in Biddeford..   nice to see some mainer's in here Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
samanthajpeach

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 06, 2006 09:00:53 PM »

I live in Stockton Springs, it seems no one knows where that is!  I know exactley where Belfast is though, I work there!:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful.
-- Ninon de L'Enclos
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Turn Yourself Into a Vampire in Gimp
How to Use Mario Paint Composer
How to Make Your Own Custom Brushes in Gimp
How to Add Gradient Effect To Text in Gimp
How to Make Feather Borders
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...