A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,154
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: So how many people here are from Maine?  (Read 22425 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

magpie0816
« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2007 04:24:08 AM »

tho i am up the midcoast way...i do get down to portland once in a while (used to live on Congress across from the Roma and the Bramhall Pub). it's harder to get down there than it used to be with a baby.

maybe we could plan a time - i have no idea what i can do but i could try.

Maggi
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One of a Kind Fused Glass Jewelry
Shop Dye Lot Collective http://www.dyelotcollective.etsy.com
http://www.dyelotcollective.com
Juvenile*Delinquent
« Reply #131 on: December 05, 2007 06:12:50 PM »

ayah! Born and raised in Brownfield! for those of yeh that dont know whea that is, its neah Fryebuug home of the Fryebuug Faiah! AND Filo T Farnsworth, the man that in-vented the tv!

Anyways, now I live in Beverly, MA (neah Boston) went from living on an organic vegitable farm to having no back yard and a view of a brick building!

I miss Maine a lot, especially the summers but I'm sure we'll move back eventually.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coastiewife
« Reply #132 on: March 25, 2008 07:33:45 PM »

I'm from Maine.  Did most of my growing up in Bath. (I consider myself a Mainer, after spending 3/4 of my life here, besides where do you 'come from' when you're a Navy brat born there, lived elsewhere and moving god knows where) anyways.... 
Moved to central Maine (Palmyra) when I met my husband (he was born and raised there).  We're down in Kittery now, (ick) and moving to Southwest Harbor in a month! and I have to say we're WICKED excited. Yea!  I was wondering if anyone could give me some stores in the ellsworth, bangor areas (craft stores, ie, micheals, a.c. moore, etc, and fabric stores).  I don't want to have to just go to walmart, their selection always leaves something to be desired.
Thanks all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissColee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Cakewrecks made me famous! http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2009/02/this-is-how-you-show-hungry-whos-boss.html

why is the rum always gone?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2008 08:08:45 PM »

If any of you go to the University of Maine will you PM me? Cheesy thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlishaMisha
Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to Epcot I go!

Tomorrowland Transit Authority Active Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: September 04, 2009 10:39:54 PM »

Hi! I'm from Alna (population 600) but consider myself from Wiscasset as I went to school K-12 there. Besides, Alna has no businesses.

I can't really agree with loving Maine like you all seem to feel, but I do have great pride when I go somewhere like FL and find someone from Maine!  I went to JWU in Providence, RI  and I LOVE RI. But my favorite state is definately Florida. Besides, I get goosebumps in Maine's summers, so I need the heat.

ANYWHO. I do know there are a few handspun yarn places in Woolwhich. One is called Romney Ridge Farns where you can actually meet the sheep that the yarns come from! Halcyon Yarn is AMAZING but expensive. I prefer to just buy roving there as that is the only place I can get it.

For Craft Stores I just leave it up to JoAnns in Topsham, and A.C.Moore in Portland.

As for Craft Shows/Fairs, I go to the Cumberland County Craft Show (something like that), The Fryeburg Fair, and sometimes the Common Ground Fair.  Fryeburg is my favorite though.

Feel free to PM me!

~Alisha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ranchelmarie
« Reply #135 on: June 08, 2010 02:49:55 AM »

Hello all! I've just moved to Winterport (just outside Bangor) from evil, ugly, nasty Massachusetts. I know it's been a while since anyone posted here, but just wanted to throw my hat in the ring. I noticed someone asked about shops near Ellsworth, my in-laws live near there and last time we were up visiting I took my MIL to this cute little quilt shop called Sewing By The Sea (their website, they also have a location in Portland, I believe https://www.sewmaine.com/productcart/pc/sew_default.asp) they have beautiful fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Black Plasticine
How to Make Green Slime
How to Make Orange Slime
How to Make Yellow Slime
How to Make Red Slime
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...