A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,689
Currently Running With Scissors:
381 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: So how many people here are from Maine?  (Read 22050 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2006 09:57:56 PM »

I live in Stockton Springs, it seems no one knows where that is!  I know exactley where Belfast is though, I work there!:)

You mean Stockton Stinks? Wink I lived in Frankfort for 11 years, and everyone chanted "Frankfort, Searsport, Stockton Stinks!" I believe it was also turned around to "Frankfart, Searsgas, Stockton Springs". Ooh, clever children, indeed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
samanthajpeach

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 06, 2006 11:57:52 PM »

I've never heard that!  How long ago was it that you lived in Frankfort?  And indeed, Stockton does stink!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful.
-- Ninon de L'Enclos
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2006 08:46:10 AM »

I've never heard that!  How long ago was it that you lived in Frankfort?  And indeed, Stockton does stink!

My dad still lives there, but my mom moved first to Swanville, then to Searsport, and now to Belfast so the last time I lived full-time in Frankfort was when I was 14, or 11 years ago.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
unsay
nemo me impune lacessit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2006 01:57:03 PM »

I'm from the Bangor area, but most of the year I'm in Brunswick, at Bowdoin College. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2006 06:11:18 AM »

Hey, I was in Brunswick yesterday!  My husband and I took all 4 of our kids to Reid State Park.  It was absolutely beautiful up there, and we drove back through Brunswick.    I would love to live somewhere like that - I love all of the little shops along the main street.  Norway has it in miniature - I love Pickalilly and the Irish Ewe (LYS), but the rest of it is just kind of like, whatever.  lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
aessedai
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2006 07:27:52 AM »

I was at Reid State Park yesterday, too!
It was lovely and warm for the first part of the afternoon. We went to the second beach where it's never as crowded.
I don't know what was up with those horseflies, though. So many!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.hearthandcreations.com

hearttohandcreations.etsy.com
kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2006 06:59:36 PM »

No kidding!! Those horseflies were brutal!!!  I ended up taking the baby to the van around 3, to let him get a nap.  I got to sit in AC and knit while my husband dealt with the flies.  lol  We were at Griffith beach (?) - the waves were great, but the kids were having some trouble, so we ended up taking them to the lagoon.  I'd never been there before, it was absolutely beautiful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
TheBrutalBamf

Friendly mushroom! Mushy giant friend!

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2006 05:53:12 PM »

Maine Craftsters Unite! Hehe.
I was born in Augusta, and grew up in Bangor where I still currently live.  I go to UMaine Orono.  Its definitly a party campus (I just don't go to them).  Someone mentioned Orono being boring (and I'll admit that if I had to live there, I wouldn't be happy) but it does have its up points.  Like chalking the campus sidewalks, thats a fun time.
I'm dying to travel, but I honestly can't picture living anywhere but Maine.  Everywhere else has things like poisonous snakes, or just cruddy landscaping.  I love me some nature.  So long as it doesn't bite me...  Cheesy
I know this is an older post, but I was hoping someone might lead me in the direction of a nice non-retail yarn or bead shoppe in the Bangor area.  I'm also wicked interested in learning about metal forging.
PS- Anyone want gorgeus scenery?  Check out Brooksville, Maine.  Folloe Route 15 South of Bangor, and its between Blue Hill and Stonington.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MoonChyld3
« Reply #108 on: September 15, 2006 12:53:46 PM »

Hey thebrutalbamf, I live in Bangor too. Have you been to City Side Yarn? They're pretty cool - it's on the Odlin Rd. Unfortunately I haven't had much luck finding other crafty shops Sad
Metal forging sounds really interesting! I've always wanted to learn how to make silver jewelry; this area just doesn't seem to be very conducive to learning new crafts. I think I'm going to experiment with resin for the first time tonight if I can muster the courage...
Let me know if you discover any crafty goodness around here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheBrutalBamf

Friendly mushroom! Mushy giant friend!

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 17, 2006 02:47:52 PM »

City Side Yarn...?  I haven't heard of it, but I'll definitly be checking it out.  Thanks a bunch for that, its so hard to find a decent craft store when you know Jo Ann's and AC Moore won't cut it.  Good luck with that resin, I haven't gotten to use it yet myself, but it looks like it has some great projects.  If I discover anything crafty in the area I'll post back.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...