A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,061
Currently Running With Scissors:
608 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wild Things mural (a bit photo heavy)  (Read 30810 times)
Tags for this thread: mural , where_the_wild_things_are , craftster_best_of_2007  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftjunkie
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007 12:54:06 PM »

WOW Shocked what a way to liven up a boring wall... now this gives me ideas.... no i am going to be looking in kids books for that just right picture to put on the walls... maybe even looking online for drawings  & use them too....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KatherineEmma
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007 01:00:24 PM »

I made a strange squeaking noise when I saw this. I believe that's my vocal cords way of telling me it's awesome.

Nice job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goldfishhead
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007 01:20:40 PM »

Wow..it realy looks so much like his style. I thought when i clicked on the "recent posts" or whtever its called photo that someone had made like...a lampshade useing a transfer of the book.

that must have been a lot of work. great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Redforkhippie
Red Fork Hippie Chick

Prone to creative outbursts.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007 01:35:05 PM »

Thanks for all the kind words!

We had a lot of fun painting it. We had a whole Wild Things-themed day: We read the book, painted the mural, played with wild-colored playdough, and made "wild cookies," which were chocolate-chip cookies with rainbow-chip frosting and umpteen different kinds of sprinkles on them. It was a hoot.

For my next project, I'm kind of thinking about painting a mural based on The Lorax on the side of my garage. My husband and I are in the process of converting to a grid-tied solar power system for our house, so the Lorax kind of fits our style. My goal is to have a whole Lorax-themed garden, with a lamppost that says "The Street of the Lifted Lorax" and a Lorax mural and some other little details. We have a ring of stones I set up this spring, with a section of trunk in the middle from a boxelder we had taken out a couple of years ago. The idea was for the trunk section to look like the Very Last Truffula Stump of Them All, but my collie mix destroyed the "UNLESS" plaque I'd hung on the side of the stump, so I have to get some Sackrete and make an UNLESS stone like the one in the book.

The sad thing is that we don't even have kids ... unless you count me. My husband swears I'm 32 going on five.  Grin
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007 01:35:42 PM by Redforkhippie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We are all capable of more than we do."
-- Mary Baker Eddy

http://redforkhippie.wordpress.com
McJulie-O
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007 04:18:12 PM »

I. Love. This.

You. Are. A. Genius.

The Day of Wild Things will go down in those kids memories forever. What a wonderful thing to do with them. Heroic even.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Quinndustrious P.
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007 04:55:38 PM »

this is so spectacularly amazing!!! this is a great book, and a FANTASTIC mural! i want it in my room....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my pinterest boards! http://pinterest.com/quinnp/
idrinktea
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007 05:16:18 PM »

This is really fantastic. Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Redforkhippie
Red Fork Hippie Chick

Prone to creative outbursts.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007 05:58:01 PM »

The Day of Wild Things will go down in those kids memories forever. What a wonderful thing to do with them. Heroic even.

It was a lot of fun. The kids' mom and I had been talking about having them come over to make cookies, and then I just kind of got a wild hair to turn them loose in my office with paintbrushes, and then I found the Where the Wild Things Are greeting cards at the bookstore, and pretty soon the whole thing just got out of hand.  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"We are all capable of more than we do."
-- Mary Baker Eddy

http://redforkhippie.wordpress.com
epilepticlemur
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007 11:19:30 PM »

Wow this is so cool, and the fact that you had some kids help you, is even better.  I also love your idea about The Lorax.  You are awesome, and I wish you were one of my neighbors!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
justxlove
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007 11:35:15 PM »

i love it. (:
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sure shes got everything ive got gadgets and gizmos  of plenty ive got whozits and whatzits galore you want thingamabobs ive got twenty but who cares no big deal i want more
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Remove Nose Hair
How to Shape Perfect Eyebrows
Shaving Tips for Women
Meet Hair Removal Expert Cindy Barshop
Fergie Says VIVA Avon! For New Perfume Ads
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...