A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 307,609
Currently Running With Scissors:
537 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: $5 + Some Patience Go a LONG Way-What to Do When You Can't Afford Anthropologie  (Read 12445 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

green r my tear$
I Praise GOD for my TALENT$ and MOTIVATION!!

U R ONLY LIMITED BY UR IMAGINATION!! SO IMAGE...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007 11:00:19 AM »

vogue has a pattern somewhat like this.  you can add the ruffles take a look. Pattern 8391.  i do not know where you leave but if you have a JOANN or HANCOCK fabric store you can buy this pattern for 3.99 on sale instead of 12.00 (this is 40% off 20.00 their price when a sale is not going on). 

http://www.voguepatterns.com/item/V8391.htm?tab=whats_new&page=4
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katrena'sGifts&Such

Enrolled Swap:
sunnyskies*4*
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2007 01:06:26 PM »

It's very cute just the way it is and I agree with the previous posters who said the darts give it character. You did a great job! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Sunnyskies~~
miasu
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2007 02:30:57 PM »

I like the darts. It makes the shirt. If you add buttons, I'd just place like 2 or 3 close together, but not all the way down the shirt..

Anyway, awesome shirt, love it the way it is~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

peariso
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2007 02:36:58 PM »

Very nice take of the blouse!  I would actually like to see more darts.  I think it would bring you even closer to the inspiration. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

all easier to stalk me by   http://www.wists.com/Peariso
Bunches McGuinty
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007 02:52:46 PM »

First of all...it ROCKS. Great job!!

JMHO, but you did ask...no buttons. can't see where it needs buttons. as for the darts, I like them, but next time I'd end them just below the boobs...rather than right on the nip. If for no other reason...you'll totally notice any slight pucker on the nip, where as under the boob, not as much. (plus, I don't like darts there...bugs me)

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to redo/frog the darts as is...but its hard to tell w/o a front view how they lay.

Great job...i'm totally inspired!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

All we need is Love and Beer, and Old School Metal and Holiday cheer to be Happy!
McJulie-O
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007 04:28:18 PM »

as for the darts, I like them, but next time I'd end them just below the boobs...rather than right on the nip. If for no other reason...you'll totally notice any slight pucker on the nip, where as under the boob, not as much. (plus, I don't like darts there...bugs me)

I'm not sure I'd go so far as to redo/frog the darts as is...but its hard to tell w/o a front view how they lay.

Agree with Ladynoopie that it def. doesn't need buttons, and the darts are not worth un-doing (might even cause a worse problem), but if you find yourself making this style again, you might want to consider ending the darts at a lower position on your chest. It will give you a better fit, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fiberartist219
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2007 05:29:38 PM »

I think it looks great. On the hanger I wasn't sure, but actually seeing you wear it, it's amazing! It definately doesn't need any buttons and I think the darts are great. My only suggestion is to maybe wear a white tank under it so it is more opaque. Of course, you'd have to find a tank that has a low neckline so it wouldn't show up under the shirt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crushallhumans
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007 05:58:34 PM »

this is really cute, i love the neckline. i think the darts look fine as they are, plus if you take them out you might end up with holes in your shirt - i always have that problem with knits, anyway.
i'm all about useless buttons though. bring on the buttons!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i called him a chauvinist and he asked if that was a kind of tea.
red_phooka
Geek

I <3 Zombies!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007 09:28:37 PM »

You did a really fantastic job - the darts are a little high, but not out of place.
Nice work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

M-alina

Play in the sunshine, or dance in the rain...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2007 06:25:33 AM »

you did a really good job.  That's awesome!  I would definitely lay the buttons on the flattened shirt, to see if it looks okay.  Or, if you want to see how they would look on you, tack them on with a quick stitch (literally, 1 stitch) and try it on.  If it looks better, then make them more permanent. It looks way cute on you though!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The yarn seduced me, I swear!!

(\_/) Help Mr. Rabbit take over.
(o.o) He eats the nonbelievers...
(> <) Copy Mr. Rabbit or be EATEN!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Painted Background
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: The Roaming Gnome
@Home This Weekend: Welcoming Door Decor

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...