A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 305,021
Currently Running With Scissors:
662 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TUTORIAL: Singlet Style Shopping Bag w Pattern (like the plastic shopping bag)  (Read 794636 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , bag , shopping_bag , craftster_best_of_2007 , reusable_grocery_bag , totebag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LordVader

i AM the Dark Side

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: November 08, 2010 08:59:28 AM »

Cute!  I didn't read through all of the thread, cause there's a lot of pages.  But how much fabric do you need?  I think I'll make this my first project.  And give it to my sister for Christmas.  I'm making her a blanket.  So I think I'll stick the blanket in the bag, and then give it to her.  Smiley  *Excited*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Imagination is more important than Knowledge."-Albert Einstein

"Conversation should be pleasant without scurrility, witty without affectation, free without indecency, learned without conceitedness, novel without falsehood." - William Shakespeare

http://foodforthought1987.blogspot.com
HippieKender
The most precious thing one can make is a friend.

I tend to lick circular things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #851 on: November 08, 2010 09:04:43 AM »

You'll need 1 yard for the outside and 1 yard for the lining. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LordVader

i AM the Dark Side

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 08, 2010 12:47:59 PM »

You'll need 1 yard for the outside and 1 yard for the lining. 
Thank you! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Conversation should be pleasant without scurrility, witty without affectation, free without indecency, learned without conceitedness, novel without falsehood." - William Shakespeare

Eowynt

Not all who wander are lost

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 08, 2010 07:43:15 PM »

But how much fabric do you need? 
I make several different sizes.  My largest bag takes 27" (3/4 of a yard) of lining and outer fabric, and my smaller one takes 24" (2/3 of a  yard).  I have made a couple of mini-ones, but I'm not sure how much fabric. . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One is less than three.
Kati [Proud Navy Wife]
« Reply #854 on: November 08, 2010 10:58:57 PM »

so awesome! great tutorial! thanks so much!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LordVader

i AM the Dark Side

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: November 21, 2010 10:06:39 PM »

But how much fabric do you need? 
I make several different sizes.  My largest bag takes 27" (3/4 of a yard) of lining and outer fabric, and my smaller one takes 24" (2/3 of a  yard).  I have made a couple of mini-ones, but I'm not sure how much fabric. . .
Just going to ask another question about that, but I guess I don't need to now do I? Tongue

So you CAN use less than a yard and it'll work out alright?  Cause I got some remnants a couple of weeks ago, cause I wanted to practice on some fabric before I went and did the final one for my sister.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eowynt

Not all who wander are lost

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 23, 2010 07:03:21 AM »

Just going to ask another question about that, but I guess I don't need to now do I? Tongue

So you CAN use less than a yard and it'll work out alright?  Cause I got some remnants a couple of weeks ago, cause I wanted to practice on some fabric before I went and did the final one for my sister.
[/quote]
Remnants are great to practice on - and, yes, you don't have to use a full yard.  My big bag is 27", and it is really big [We call it the elephant bag].  If you want to carry these on your shoulder, adding a couple of inches to the handles should take care of that.  I took my "elephant" to Europe, and I cannot believe how much stuff I fit into it while tromping through Paris!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One is less than three.
LordVader

i AM the Dark Side

View Profile
« Reply #857 on: November 24, 2010 07:30:25 AM »

Remnants are great to practice on - and, yes, you don't have to use a full yard.  My big bag is 27", and it is really big [We call it the elephant bag].  If you want to carry these on your shoulder, adding a couple of inches to the handles should take care of that.  I took my "elephant" to Europe, and I cannot believe how much stuff I fit into it while tromping through Paris!!
[/quote]

Ok!  Good!  I'm really excited to get going! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

zmagen
« Reply #858 on: December 27, 2010 05:50:56 AM »

fabulous fabric shopping bags
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010 11:04:33 AM by kittykill » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadyLeitzen

feisty cat lurves roving

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 05, 2011 11:14:08 AM »

i adapted my bags to fat-quarter size. i made four! with fat quarters, i needed 2 for the outside and 2 for the lining (and an extra for a pocket, if you want one)

my favorite part is picking out coordinating linings

i'm so enamored with this tutorial that i made it part of my new year's resolution. i bought enough fabric to make 30 of these (one(+) for each member of my extended family), divided them into twelve ziplocs, and i'm tackling a bag a month so i'll have them all done by christmas time!

thank you so much for this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw an Architectural Wall Section
How to Draw an Elevation
How to Draw a Floor Plan
Eric Daman Style Tips
How to Draw a Portrait
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...