A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,735
Currently Running With Scissors:
662 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TUTORIAL: Singlet Style Shopping Bag w Pattern (like the plastic shopping bag)  (Read 773671 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , bag , shopping_bag , craftster_best_of_2007 , reusable_grocery_bag , tote_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shelleibean
« Reply #780 on: June 20, 2009 07:32:23 AM »

I just wanted to share the ones I've made so far.

I even used them at the store the other day and they were so great! I felt like my groceries were so secure, if that makes any sense. I didn't add the pocket to tuck them into since I figure I'll just leave them in my car or on the same table I put my bag when I come home so I'll always have them.  I love these idea for gifts, though.  I have a picture in my head of five or so of these bags in the same color/pattern (w/ the pocket) all tied up with a pretty ribbon.
Ummm ... sheleibean: I think you posted the wrong picture.  This one is a pic of a fly with a watch.  (Perhaps it's something you made and meant to post elsewhere...? You've probably already been called on this.

Ignore me...

Whoa- that's not even my picture. I don't know why my photo of my bags isn't there- I"ve never seen that picture before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Teddy26
« Reply #781 on: July 24, 2009 12:34:19 AM »

Hi,

I would like to ask if someone is able to give me the dimensions of the bag? I tried 2 times already to make one and fold it in the front pocket but I seem to be too stupid to do it. Perhaps the plastic bag I used is responsible for the problems. I'm from Germany and we usually don't get such plastic bags in the supermarket. You get this type with takeaway food and they are smaller. If someone could measure a bag for me that would be great! Just the height and width and how deep the gussets on the side are.

Many thanks!
Ursel  from Germany...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
queenofdiy
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #782 on: July 24, 2009 02:22:05 AM »

Hi Ursel!!  The finished bag itself is approx. 30cm wide x 40cm high (excluding handles).  The gusset is about 10cm.  Handles are about 13cm high. 

The bag 'plastic pattern' that I have is:

52cm wide x 41cm high (from base to bag opening) with handles extending beyond that by approx 14cm and are 14cm wide. 

The tutorial shows cutting the bag in half on the fold so that makes the 52cm width become 26cm on the fold.

Hope this helps.  If not, I can always send you a plastic bag pattern.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Teddy26
« Reply #783 on: July 24, 2009 03:32:23 AM »

Wow! That was fast!  Shocked

Thank you very much! I hope now it will work and will try it over the weekend.

bye
Ursel
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Linnybelle
« Reply #784 on: August 03, 2009 09:01:57 PM »

I finally have pictures of one of my shopping bags.  I've actually made three, but have only managed to get pictures of the one.  This tutorial is wonderful though and I plan on making a lot more.  It's been fun checking back to see if anyone has made any new ones.  I'm actually supposed to be making four for a friend of mine, so I'm sure I'll be back with more pictures.

Here's mine:

And the inside:

I chose not to do the pocket on the outside, at least for the ones for me.  I've also made a second butterfly one with an orange interior and a green star one with a floral interior.

Here's to more shopping bags to come!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
Muria
« Reply #785 on: August 03, 2009 09:26:06 PM »

Pretty fabric choices, Linnybelle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
bronzfrog
« Reply #786 on: August 04, 2009 10:40:13 AM »

I love that butterfly fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HobbyHorseAGoGo.ets y.com
sew-wannabe
« Reply #787 on: August 05, 2009 09:19:43 AM »

I have also made one of these bags.  I end up using it more as a purse than for groceries!  Although it is big enough to carry all I need purse wise and throw in a few groceries on a quick stop at the store!  I made mine with chicken print on the outside and dark green solid on the inside.  I will have to get some pics of it.  This was the first bag I have ever made.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY BLOG => Country Cluckers
MY WIST => Wish List
SamsGirl
« Reply #788 on: August 20, 2009 05:25:52 PM »

Hi I have been lurking here for awhile and have to say I love this pattern. Now have a question, I had bookmarked a link from here that told an easier way to do these handles, well I just accidently deleted it.  Embarrassed I was wondering if anyone knows where it is? I have been looking for awhile with no luck.

Thanks in advance

Karen

Edited to add: Never mind found it again! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=257229.0

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009 06:38:26 PM by SamsGirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Karen
mae57
« Reply #789 on: September 01, 2009 08:20:30 PM »

Smiley that is a real neat bag how can I get a copy of the tutorial. can one be printed? Huh   Smiley thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you have this Simplicity dress pattern #7202 from 1996's please E-Mail me
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Faux Bob and Structured Jacket = Instant Makeover
Beauty Hack: 3 New Ways to Use Moisturizer
How to Style a Bun
DIY Dry Skin Treatments
3 Great Products for Being Glamorous on a Budget
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...