A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,175
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TUTORIAL: Singlet Style Shopping Bag w Pattern (like the plastic shopping bag)  (Read 781104 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , bag , shopping_bag , craftster_best_of_2007 , reusable_grocery_bag , tote_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #760 on: January 28, 2009 02:53:48 PM »

Yorkiemischief - did you try the straps the way I do them?  It has helped quite a few people.  They come out perfect every time Smiley and are super easy.  I posted  up a tutorial on how to do them awhile back although it doesn't get seen too often - it's not listed up on the tutorial list... I did request it to be added a long time ago along with another tutorial I made but it has not appeared yet...

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=257229.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
queenofdiy
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #761 on: January 28, 2009 07:31:23 PM »

Hey Craftydeb!!!  Fantastic tutorial on the handles!  I see you have a Janome  Wink  Mine is similar and I, too, love my F foot.

Anyway, to my point - I'm sad that your tute hasn't been included in the list because I think it's a great way to do the handles.  Would you like me to edit mine on the first page to include yours as well (with FULL credit, of course!!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bagtart
« Reply #762 on: January 29, 2009 12:29:03 AM »

Queenofdiy, Craftydeb and cute-anarchy you are the three angels who allowed me to easily make gifts for my husband's staff. He is the principal of a small school and he likes to give all his teachers and clerical staff a small thankyou gift at the end of each year. I usually do the shopping!! Over the years it has been coffee mugs, little vases, christmas ornaments among other things. At the end of last year they all received a shopping bag and they were thrilled!!!

So queenofdiy thanks for the original tute , craftydeb thanks for the handle method and cute-anarchy for the directions for folding without a pocket all oh so clever and oh so generous!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cute_anarchy
« Reply #763 on: January 29, 2009 11:01:16 AM »

Awww, thank you & wow, honored to be on a list with those two!  These bags do make the best gifts, I've been loving this tutorial for birthdays and holidays, and the trick on how to do the handles helped me so much too!  We have such a nice community here!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a medium aged procrastinator, with a room full of craft supplies! 

I've got a wist and a pinterest: http://www.wists.com/cute_anarchy 
ksquared15
« Reply #764 on: April 13, 2009 10:21:25 PM »

Thank you so much!  I made one for a friend and can't post pictures since it's a secret pal exchange!  But it was a perfect tutorial, easy to follow.  THANK YOU!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pixsydust
« Reply #765 on: April 14, 2009 03:21:15 PM »

I made one of these bags and it turned out great.  Thanks for the wonderful tutorial.  I am so addicted to making these that I went out and bought enough fabric to make 10 more.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jennyleigh

So many projects. So little time.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #766 on: April 20, 2009 11:45:58 AM »

queenofdiy, thanks for posting this tutorial!  I have intended to make myself some bags since you first posted.  I finally made time to do it, and I'm so happy I did.  The tutorial was very easy to follow.  I look forward to making more bags in the future.  I didn't add a pocket this time, but I will on any others I make.  I also added a piece of elastic in the opening (3" folded in half and sewn in the seam) so I can hang the bag on the apparatus in the store.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Munora
« Reply #767 on: April 20, 2009 01:38:59 PM »

Very cute bags. I want to try these bags so bad. I'm just a little intimidated by the posts people have made about the handles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not what you know, but what you do with what you know that is important.
barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #768 on: April 20, 2009 02:13:45 PM »

I also added a piece of elastic in the opening (3" folded in half and sewn in the seam) so I can hang the bag on the apparatus in the store.
Fantastic idea!  I was thinking buttonholes on the handles, but this is much easier.  Thanks for the tip!  I've made several of these and the instructions are so easy and clear... no problems with the handles.  Don't try to overthink the handles -- just do exactly what the instructions say, even if it seems odd at first.  Once you start, the instructions make sense.  (At least to me they did! Wink )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jennyleigh

So many projects. So little time.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #769 on: April 20, 2009 02:16:29 PM »

Very cute bags. I want to try these bags so bad. I'm just a little intimidated by the posts people have made about the handles.

Thank you.  I wouldn't let the handles issue stop me from trying.  I thought they were very "doable."
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Look Good on a TV Interview
Creating the Ideal Recording Environment
Watch, Pass, or Rent: The American & Going the Distance
Screenwriting Card Trick
How to Have Good Audition Etiquette
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...