A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,023
Currently Running With Scissors:
490 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TUTORIAL: Singlet Style Shopping Bag w Pattern (like the plastic shopping bag)  (Read 777591 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , bag , shopping_bag , craftster_best_of_2007 , reusable_grocery_bag , tote_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pretty hate machine
Lady Disillusion

Still I fly...still I fall.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #710 on: November 11, 2008 11:23:33 PM »

This is ingenious! I think I'm going to make my mom and my aunt a huge pile of these, they always complain how each and every one of their shopping bags are lost. This is really cool and green idea, thank you so muc for the tute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[revenge is the best revenge]
My still small wist!
Judi B
« Reply #711 on: November 12, 2008 02:49:20 AM »

I love these bags I have made myself a dozen have been using them for nearly a year and they are still as good as the day I made them. I get so many compliments about them and asked where did I get them and I proudly say "I made them"  Grin 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gatchley
« Reply #712 on: November 13, 2008 10:32:28 PM »

Thanks for the fantastic tutorial.  Smiley I finally found a use for my vintage fabric. I got a box of fabric at the thrift store for $2.00 and there was 8 yards of this in there.  I don't think my DH likes the idea of bring of your own bag. He said he would stay at home if I bring those bags.  Roll Eyes  Here's mine.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Judi B
« Reply #713 on: November 13, 2008 11:28:27 PM »

I love that fabric.
You may save some money for more fabric if DH stays at home so not all bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alli_Lucy
« Reply #714 on: November 17, 2008 05:43:58 AM »

I love that fabric, Gatchley!  Your bag looks great.

It surprises me that there are places where bringing your own bag is still weird.  I live in a city, so most people at our neighborhood grocery store bring their own bags (since fabric bags are so much easier to carry when walking home with groceries).  Even when I go out to the big store in the suburbs, I would estimate that about half of the people bring their own.  I hope the habit doesn't take too long to catch on everywhere!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My craft blog: One Pearl Button

She blinded me with wisting
Ruth929
« Reply #715 on: November 17, 2008 08:23:29 AM »

Very Cute.  I loved the tutorial...very detailed.  I'm bookmarking it right now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crappiefisher
Crappiefisher

I just LOVE craftster!

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: November 20, 2008 09:44:07 AM »

After a little trial and error I figured out to make these by combing the various hints and help from the various posters on this board! I have about 6 made and about 10 more to go for Christmas presents. I'm thinking of trying to sell a few. I get a lot of compliments from shoppers when I use my first 2 "demos". They both have a few mistakes in them, but work very well!

Thanks so much to everyone! This is a great project! I can whip one out in an hour if you combine the cutting and sewing together. Not bad for a beginner sewer.

Here are the 7 made so far - I have 5 cut out and waiting and about 5 yards of different fabric waiting to be cut!

« Last Edit: November 22, 2008 06:32:09 PM by crappiefisher » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't you let nobody tell you that you can't do nothin. You can do whatevah you put your mind to!" - wise words from my Granny when I was 5 years old.
sewjayded
« Reply #717 on: November 26, 2008 08:37:55 AM »

Just curious, has anyone tried to sew slits in the handles so the slide over the metal racks the stores have to hold their bags?  I might try it on my next batch, a long buttonhole is all you'd need.  (Long enough to fit at different stores.)  I've been using the ones I already made and usually just slide the bag handles over the metal rack but they seem to kind of slide off or not stay open. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kmsmaverick
« Reply #718 on: November 26, 2008 07:55:05 PM »

i put little tabby loopy things on mine, the last time i made a pair. they slide over the prongs of the bagging frame the baggers have there. but they are really only useful when i use the self checkout- the baggers haven't hopped on board with them yet.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mhills

That's A Stitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #719 on: November 27, 2008 05:55:25 AM »

What a great idea.  I will have to try these
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pumpkin Palooza: Hottest Beauty Products For Fall
Tips For Lasting Makeup and Fall Hair Colors
Transition Your Skin Care Into Fall in a Few Easy Steps
Step-by-Step Updo For Medium-Length Hair
Wavy Half Up Hair Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...