A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
561 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TUTORIAL: Singlet Style Shopping Bag w Pattern (like the plastic shopping bag)  (Read 770087 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , bag , shopping_bag , craftster_best_of_2007 , reusable_grocery_bag , tote_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

klum78

Actual size shown

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #680 on: July 10, 2008 08:18:14 AM »

Yes it is butterflies.  I just found the fabric with the "asian influences" quilting fabric in JoAnnes.

Haha! I thought I recognized the one in the middle.  Smiley

I am pretty sure the middle one is Alexander Henry so that could be found almost anywhere.  I love that middle abric, I wish I had bought more if it at the time. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
SkyyAngel
« Reply #681 on: July 10, 2008 07:35:08 PM »

Thanks for the tute and all the pics!! I'm signed up for a "green" swap in a few weeks and these are definitely being added to the list of gifts for my swappee.  Grin  Will definitely post pics when I'm done too, to add to all the gorgeous bags we have here.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #682 on: July 10, 2008 08:11:22 PM »

I am pretty sure the middle one is Alexander Henry so that could be found almost anywhere.  I love that middle abric, I wish I had bought more if it at the time. 

That is so odd. I just went through my fabric to look for quilt material and I found yet another Alexander Henry material. That makes four of his I have/had without even realizing it. I must be a fan.

If you are looking for more of his stuff and can not find it locally, look here.

http://buyfabricsonline.com/catalog/default.php/cPath/26

THIS ROCKS   Logged

nurseninja

It's a BOY! Due FEB 22!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #683 on: July 10, 2008 08:26:50 PM »

I'm throwing a bachelorette party for a friend and I might make them as favor/"goody" bags! How fun =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

**Books free to good home: 201 Quilt Blocks, Vogue: Knit Accessorize, Country Weekend Knits, Sticker Magic**
thewritegirl
« Reply #684 on: July 13, 2008 02:56:57 PM »

I've made several of these bags (lost count, in fact), and I just love them. The last one I made, though, is particularly handy. I cut up an old pair of cargo pants and pieced them back together for the liner, so there are several ready-made pockets with snaps on the inside. Handy for keys, cell phone, etc!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shelleibean
« Reply #685 on: July 17, 2008 03:19:58 PM »

I just wanted to share the ones I've made so far.

I even used them at the store the other day and they were so great! I felt like my groceries were so secure, if that makes any sense. I didn't add the pocket to tuck them into since I figure I'll just leave them in my car or on the same table I put my bag when I come home so I'll always have them.  I love these idea for gifts, though.  I have a picture in my head of five or so of these bags in the same color/pattern (w/ the pocket) all tied up with a pretty ribbon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
summertimerolls

"I hope this works"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #686 on: July 17, 2008 05:56:35 PM »

I was thinking of making them as gifts also.  My first one went fine, I followed the directions and it was smooth sailing.  My second one I didn't have my computer around, so I thought I would just wing it.  Oh no, no, no, no.  One bag took me like 4 hours to complete.  I think I ripped out each seam at least twice.  At one point I was like, "finally, I think I've got it."  ONly to turn it right side out and realize that I had sewn the straps shut so there were no loops--only long handles sticking straight up. I think this is the point when all the dirty words kept flying out of my mouth.  I ripped it all apart and started over the next day.  But damn it...I was going to win.  And I did, although it still isn't 100% correct.  Also, I intentionally didn't do the gusset this time and I liked it better, but that is just me.  Sorry I don't have pictures of the mess.  But, I will be printing out directions so even if my laptop turns up "missing" which means a child ran off with it...I can still make the bags.
Everyone makes such pretty ones, I'm going to keep practicing before I post.  I should state that I am not by any means a sewer if that is even a word.  I couldn't see that I was sewing the *#%*$! straps together!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me if you are interested in a personal swap.
thewritegirl
« Reply #687 on: July 17, 2008 06:56:10 PM »

Lol, Summertime, you are brave to even try your second one without the pattern! Even after making a ton of them, I still pull up the pattern on the computer next to me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
indigo_roses
« Reply #688 on: July 17, 2008 07:12:07 PM »

I'm planning on printing out the pattern before I do it. I have a feeling that I'll make the exact same type of mistakes, I'm not a sewer by any means either! But, I got a sewing machine and spent money on fabric, and I want to learn!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest
50 in 2013 18/50

Taking a break from swapping to focus on crafting for myself, friends, and charity
keeperrox
« Reply #689 on: July 17, 2008 08:48:55 PM »

Hey everyone!  FYI, I put these directions in a Word document so it would be easier to read and print out. I ended up doing a 2 column table with the instruction on the left and the picture of the stap on the right. Since lots of you are saying that you want to print the directions out, if anyone wants a copy drop me a PM, and I'd be more than happy to email it to you. (I'm not sure how to host a Word doc, otherwise I'd do that and just make a clickable link, so if anyone wants to help me out with that, let me know!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make White Chocolate Easter Eggs
Lemon Cheesecake Recipe for Easter
How To Make A Decadent and Healthy Dessert
How to Make Warm Coconut Rice Pudding
How to Make White Chocolate-Cherry Bark
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...