A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,090
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TUTORIAL: Singlet Style Shopping Bag w Pattern (like the plastic shopping bag)  (Read 751884 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , bag , shopping_bag , craftster_best_of_2007 , reusable_grocery_bag , tote_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ronise

Made in Brazil.

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 16, 2007 10:00:30 AM »

I finally made one. It really is easy, I love it!

Action shots:

The only problem is that my pocket is too small so I can't fold it and put inside the pocket. But it still is a nice bag and the next one that I make will be better.

Thanks again for the awesome tutorial.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kmsmaverick
« Reply #371 on: October 16, 2007 10:31:11 AM »

i visited hanafords with my ladybug bag and the teenage boy was very impressed he wanted to know all about it. he said it was 'cool' . i'm chuffed, because you know how teenage boys can be.... indifferent i guess is a good word

what a good project!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 16, 2007 01:49:48 PM »

Has anyone tried T-shirt material on the outside of these? I have a length of it that I have already made the Yellow Goodbye Bag out of and I don't really want more. I was thinking of these with a cotton lining.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HSG
Global Moderator
Glass Crafts Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Oy Vey!

Margaritas & Facial Masks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #373 on: October 16, 2007 03:54:16 PM »

Was surfing Etsy today, and saw someone is selling this exact style bag. Pocket and all. Was wondering if it was from this tutorial because it sure looks like it. Hope if it was that they would at least give credit to the queen for the design.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

B'H
Proud Army Mom, Hoaah!!!
My Etsy
Help Fight Breast Cancer
QuiltersBlock

She's the model for the :D emoticon

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #374 on: October 16, 2007 04:20:41 PM »

Has anyone tried T-shirt material on the outside of these? I have a length of it that I have already made the Yellow Goodbye Bag out of and I don't really want more. I was thinking of these with a cotton lining.

Sansa, I haven't made this bag with t-shirt material, but a friend of mine has made some similar bags with actual t-shirts. She "quilts" it (no batting/wadding) on to a sturdier fabric, like denim or twill, then makes her bag. They are very cute and the lining makes them sturdy - not stretchy.

So I'd say, go for it.

QB
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Under any other circumstances, an exuberant Roman soldier would be my idea of a perfect morning." -- Capt. Jack Harkness

Personal swaps? Absolutely!
Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: October 16, 2007 05:46:16 PM »

Sansa, I haven't made this bag with t-shirt material, but a friend of mine has made some similar bags with actual t-shirts. She "quilts" it (no batting/wadding) on to a sturdier fabric, like denim or twill, then makes her bag. They are very cute and the lining makes them sturdy - not stretchy.

So I'd say, go for it.

QB

Thanks for this, just a quick question. Does this make three layers of fabric in the bag or two? Is she quilting it to the lining or quilting it to a stabilising fabric then lining it?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007 05:51:13 PM by Sansa » THIS ROCKS   Logged

QuiltersBlock

She's the model for the :D emoticon

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #376 on: October 16, 2007 07:38:19 PM »

Thanks for this, just a quick question. Does this make three layers of fabric in the bag or two? Is she quilting it to the lining or quilting it to a stabilising fabric then lining it?

Just two layers, *if* there's a sturdy/thick fabric like denim or twill.

If she uses a lighter cotton/whatever, then she uses a batting.

Again, her bags are a little different than this shopping bag tute. Don't be afraid to try something new!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Under any other circumstances, an exuberant Roman soldier would be my idea of a perfect morning." -- Capt. Jack Harkness

Personal swaps? Absolutely!
Llola
« Reply #377 on: October 18, 2007 08:17:37 AM »

I love this!  I used my seam ripper a bunch but in the end the bag turned out GREAT!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eowynt

Not all who wander are lost

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 18, 2007 08:47:00 AM »

Grin  I am so in love with these bags - especially with longer handles for my shoulders.  I packed one in my suitcase, and I took it all over Europe with me.  When I didn't have much to carry, it took up very little space, and when I had to haul a ton (like when the weather was iffy), it expanded to hold everything.  When I was caught in the rain, I was able to wear it on my shoulder, but under my raincoat without a hitch. 

Thanks again for the great tute!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

One is less than three.
muffinpan
« Reply #379 on: October 18, 2007 09:42:19 PM »

Weee! First Post!

Ok now that my jitters are over with...I cannot wait to try this bag!  I love the fabrics you Ladies are using too.

In addition to the "go green" and saving on plastic bags I was thinking these would be great to keep in the car to grab whatever needs to come inside.  Having a toddler I need all the extra help I can get! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Sinfully Simple Oreo Cookie Dip
How to Make Poached Pears with Pistachio Brittle
Spiced Matzo Apple Cake for Passover
How to Make Coconut Macaroons
How to Make Homemade Cadbury Eggs with Cheesecake Filling
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...