A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,468
Currently Running With Scissors:
377 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TUTORIAL: Singlet Style Shopping Bag w Pattern (like the plastic shopping bag)  (Read 785168 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , bag , shopping_bag , craftster_best_of_2007 , reusable_grocery_bag , tote_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

quiquesmom

I love this show

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 21, 2007 06:52:54 PM »

Are you at the step that's before where the "pocket tute" begins?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hellga
Shiny and Cool!

^ Dumbo Octopus ^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: July 22, 2007 04:20:42 PM »

can someone help explain this a little better for me..

Katie

okay, after you've laid it out all pretty and put the pocket on, you need to take both OUTER pieces and pull them together, right sides together, and both INNER pieces and hold them together with the other hand. the handles will be between the two lining pieces (which are RST), but they won't get caught up in the side seam because of that little dip-in they do at the bottom of the handle (am i making sense?). anyway, here's an explanatory photoshopped pic:

so, then, you'd just pin down both long sides and sew. it's kind of like the opposite of a jordy bag...you've sewn the tops together already, now you're doing the sides, and last you'll do the bottom. pm me if you need more help, i'll be making another one in the next day or two and can take alternate tutorial pics of all the steps.

hope that helped!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the unofficial craftster chat! Click Here! Alternatively, using IRC, join server irc.aniverse.com and then join the #craftster channel!
Personal Swaps: I am looking for wool yarn for crocheting and felting. Want to swap?
Champomy
« Reply #182 on: July 23, 2007 05:32:19 AM »

It's awesome but a little bit diffucult for me  Grin
But I'll try soon, it's beautiful
THIS ROCKS   Logged
raspberryred615
« Reply #183 on: July 24, 2007 10:56:20 AM »

nice!!! thx for the tut
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muzzymom86
« Reply #184 on: July 25, 2007 08:38:41 AM »

Queenofdiy, thank you so much for this wonderful tute.  I have been looking at Envirosax for a couple of months now.  This is so much better because I can use up some my fabric stash.  The french seam gave me a bit of grief, but I finally figured it out.  After the cutting errors and alot of seam ripping, here goes.

My first attempt with cutting errors: notice the upside down flamingos and the pocket that is too small.
  My daughter (modeling) stole the reject one.  She is also modeling her t-shirt gauchos as see in this tute:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=99090.0

Here is the second attempt with what fabric I could salvage.  It is much smaller, but I really like it.  I didn't do a pocket on this one.

Now that I have learned a few things, I am excited to do this again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
polkadotbug09
« Reply #185 on: July 25, 2007 02:49:48 PM »

I'm in the process of making these wonderful bags, and saw an article in teen vogue about someone who started a business selling reuseable shopping bags, they looked kinda like the ones here and also folded up! thanks for the great tute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KatyBoo
« Reply #186 on: July 26, 2007 08:37:48 AM »

These things should carry a health warning - they're really addictive! First one had a couple of mistakes but they were fixable and I'm now contemplating my 4th and 5th ones! They take me about 2 albums to finish from cutting out to finishing (i always time things by how many times i have to change cd!) but I'm getting quicker each time. Here's my pics:

All made out of left-over dress material and I didn't add pockets. (they are all the same they just don't photograph well!)

xk
THIS ROCKS   Logged

barbolot
Tutorial Contributor

A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2007 09:15:18 AM »

great job, katyboo!  Cool fabrics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

squidget
« Reply #188 on: July 26, 2007 12:04:32 PM »

I love this idea, I think I'm going to make a whole bunch and use up some of that fabric I have laying around!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SkitzoLeezra
« Reply #189 on: July 26, 2007 02:29:58 PM »

Way cute fabrics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Apple, Cinnamon and Pecan Tea Cake Recipe
Watertown Relish Radio Show
Watertown School Cooking Visit
Discovering Limburger Cheese
Watertown South Dakota County Fair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...