A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
741 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TUTORIAL: Singlet Style Shopping Bag w Pattern (like the plastic shopping bag)  (Read 772124 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , bag , shopping_bag , craftster_best_of_2007 , reusable_grocery_bag , tote_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Nurse Doom
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2007 11:02:05 PM »

Thanks for the tutorial.  I made one the other day with a minimum of swearing (except the handles...one those pesky handles) and it came out lovely.  I used some rainbow striped canvas, so it is definitely heavy duty.  I'll use it for carrying my beer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nurse Doom
Shazrasha

A very crafty Doctor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2007 05:25:03 AM »

I made one and I think the hardest part was trying to turn it inside out when putting it away. I think my lining made the bag a bit too think. I came up with an alternative method of folding it all together. Instead of doing it all at once I just fold the sides toward the centre, turn the pouch inside out and then fold the rest to the bag in. It meant that I could get away with making the pouch a little small without it ripping the seams when I turned it inside out.

Next time I think thinner material might be a better idea  Roll Eyes

Thanks for the tutorial, it was easy to use once I got my head round it all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yes I do Personal swaps though you might have to ask me really nicely as I don't have huge swathes of time on my hands Smiley However I love crafting for other people.
gossi
« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2007 08:00:27 AM »

wow.it looks great:)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
twoarchys
« Reply #153 on: July 13, 2007 10:36:33 AM »

I made another one. This one is a mini version.  I used the smallest size of Walmart bags.
I think it's so cute.   Smiley

I was thinking about the mini-bags as well! I think they'd be the right size for my small kids and I think it would be helpful to make one to carry all the folded-up big ones. A hook on the pantry door could hold the mini-bag for collecting the big ones. (I'm on page 10 of the comments so someone else may have mentioned this without me realizing it - sorry if its already been said)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~BG~
withoutfear

only k-nitwits like to k-nit

View Profile WWW
« Reply #154 on: July 16, 2007 05:29:28 AM »

Thanks for the great tutorial. Mine turned out okay despite my complete lack of sewing skills Roll Eyes Now I know what I'm doing I'll definitely make more. Everyone's bags look so cute, especially the colourful ones Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tina x
betty bat
« Reply #155 on: July 16, 2007 06:50:54 AM »

I don't think anyone else has said this yet -

The part about putting it into the pocket reminds me of a quillow (the quilt that packs up into its own pillow).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GIJane
« Reply #156 on: July 16, 2007 09:10:09 AM »

LOVE IT! Wink

You know what?? I'd wear your version on the 1st page as a bag, any dayCheesy lololol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poprock6903
« Reply #157 on: July 16, 2007 12:17:57 PM »

This tutorial and all the bags it has spawned are amazing!! I need to get on the bag train and make some of these. My boyfriend and I get a buttload of plastic bags whenever we go grocery shopping, and we end up re-using them, but not as fast as we collect them. That, and I have some pretty rockin' fabric I wouldn't mind using for this. Thanks for the tutorial, queenofdiy! Again, great job everybody! I'll post my bags soon!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

queenofdiy
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2007 01:18:26 PM »

Thanks for all your kind words everyone.   Cheesy

I don't think anyone else has said this yet -

The part about putting it into the pocket reminds me of a quillow (the quilt that packs up into its own pillow).

I used to make these years ago and that's where I got the idea from for making the pocket.  Wink 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wobblerat

already a krafty kitty

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2007 04:06:01 PM »

Queenofdiy--  How would you go about making a bag for grocery/food items that tend to leak?  I was thinking about this on my way home from Rubio's with the omnipresent plastic bag.  They come from so many places!  I would hate to get grease on my pretty fabric bag... Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Nick Catanese Interview
Learn About Stained Glass Art
Learn about Glass Art
The Art of Turkish Quilting
The Art of Kilim Weaving and Miniature Painting
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...