A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,720
Currently Running With Scissors:
672 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TUTORIAL: Singlet Style Shopping Bag w Pattern (like the plastic shopping bag)  (Read 788006 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , bag , shopping_bag , craftster_best_of_2007 , reusable_grocery_bag , totebag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mammallama
« Reply #730 on: December 09, 2008 05:31:04 AM »

I made two of these last night....LOVE the tutorial, thanks so much for sharing.   I'm giving them to my sisters for Christmas gifts, they turned out so cute.   I'll see if I can post a pic.

Dear Administrator,
 IF someone is stealing others craftsters tutorials/hard work and selling them for their own profit, perhaps they don't need access to this site?  Undecided  Harsh, I know, but effective.  I'm an administrator of an on-line group (nothing to do with crafting) and it isn't the most popular position to be in sometimes.  But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. 
Something to think about, anyway.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rumpazel
Craft Addict

Illuuuuuuuusion

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 11, 2008 01:04:44 PM »

What a fabulous tutorial.  If I had any sewing skill, I would try this.

I am really sorry about someone stealing your idea to make money.   Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in personal swaps...and kittens...and rocks.  Weird huh?
strategicdecay
« Reply #732 on: December 30, 2008 08:16:13 AM »

i have used this tutorial to make four bags now; three for myself, and one for a friend.  for the three for me, i used pieces of my grandmother's old sheets for the linings and some fabric i've had sitting around for ages for the outsides (the gifted one was made of all new fabric).  i've been using them at least once a week at the grocery store for about three or four months now, and they are still going strong! 

it really is a shame that someone is selling this.  though i followed the etsy link (just to see) and it said that the "pattern" was sold out.  so maybe they stopped selling it? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
queenofdiy
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #733 on: December 30, 2008 01:16:17 PM »

Thanks for all your support guys - it's really appreciated. 

Sadly though, I don't think mine is the only one.  This pattern also

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=18042911

is strikingly similar to this bag here on Craftster:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=156560.0 which was made using this tutorial:  http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=42927.0 

Anyway, no more finger pointing or comments from me on this one.....just had to get this one out there as well

Angry Angry *sigh* Angry Angry
« Last Edit: December 30, 2008 01:17:41 PM by queenofdiy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sanity8080
« Reply #734 on: December 31, 2008 09:54:32 AM »

I reported them for you, too.  Maybe the more people report it to etsy, the more likely they are to look into it?  That sucks that she is basically charging $5 for what you posted for free.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sanity, Working Mom to my Kindergarten Princess, and Loving Wife to Silver, the only man who completes my soul.

My Etsy Shop
bagtart
« Reply #735 on: December 31, 2008 05:48:35 PM »

So it wasn't only me!!! Queenofdiy I had my suspicions about the other pattern as well!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Hellga
Shiny and Cool!

^ Dumbo Octopus ^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #736 on: December 31, 2008 10:58:27 PM »

queenofdiy, I just wanted to tell you...I've used your tutorials more than any others on this entire forum, and I love you for posting them. I saved copies for my personal use, in case you do take them down, but I just wanted you to know that I appreciate the work you put into making them, and making them usable and useful and professional quality. Thanks for all your hard work!

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the unofficial craftster chat! Click Here! Alternatively, using IRC, join server irc.aniverse.com and then join the #craftster channel!
Personal Swaps: I am looking for wool yarn for crocheting and felting. Want to swap?
ravenwitch
« Reply #737 on: January 02, 2009 07:53:28 PM »

Queenofdiy, you are fabulous for making and sharing this awesome tutorial!

I made a couple today.  Even though I forgot seam allowances, they still each hold two gallons of milk and have room left over.  And they are definately sturdier and fold up smaller than I expected.  Thank you so much!

I will post pics soon.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009 08:43:51 PM by ravenwitch » THIS ROCKS   Logged
klum78

Actual size shown

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #738 on: January 07, 2009 02:48:23 PM »

I made 4 more for my daughter's preschool teachers holiday gift.  I loved all of these fabrics and they were on clearance at JoAnns.  The most expensive one was $2 a yd and I didn't use the whole thing so they were cheap to make.  I lined them all with muslin so I think each bag cost about $2 to make.  Sweet!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

We are in the process of switching over to cloth diapers.  Would love some advice, hint, tips.   Will swap for diapers!
My etsy shop: KimberlyMade
Wisty Goodness
Lady Llanalla

Half Birthday Cake Face Girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #739 on: January 07, 2009 04:25:20 PM »

These are just so fabulous. I will have to make some for myself... someday... when I have time... which will be never, but I can hope... right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I swap, so in crafting terms I guess that means I put out... You?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Faux Bob and Structured Jacket = Instant Makeover
Beauty Hack: 3 New Ways to Use Moisturizer
How to Style a Bun
DIY Dry Skin Treatments
3 Great Products for Being Glamorous on a Budget
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...