A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,584
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 88
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TUTORIAL: Singlet Style Shopping Bag w Pattern (like the plastic shopping bag)  (Read 770119 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , bag , shopping_bag , craftster_best_of_2007 , reusable_grocery_bag , tote_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

AbbyRose
« Reply #700 on: August 16, 2008 09:18:26 PM »

I just made one and I LOVE it! Thanks for posting! I think I will use thinner material next time so it isn't so bulky when folded up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adorable handmade childrens hoodies in stock now!
Wistful Thinking.
I love to DYE Smiley
Handmade cloth diapers, booties, bags and more! www.abbyrosecreatio ns.ca
CJKJ
« Reply #701 on: August 22, 2008 05:56:21 AM »

I'm trying to get started on one for me. I'm using an old shower curtain and haven't decided on what material to use as a lining. Anyway, I'm confused about the part where you sew the out fabric then onto the lining. Undecided This step comes after you sew the U and part of the sides of the handles. 

Anyone understand my problem and can help?

If you search the forums, there is a thread showing another way to make the handles.  I had a hard time trying to visualize this step as well.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

crappiefisher
Crappiefisher

I just LOVE craftster!

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 22, 2008 06:10:27 AM »

[/quote]

If you search the forums, there is a thread showing another way to make the handles.  I had a hard time trying to visualize this step as well.

[/quote]

thanks! someone PM'd me about it and I think I understand now!  just trying to find the time to finish now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't you let nobody tell you that you can't do nothin. You can do whatevah you put your mind to!" - wise words from my Granny when I was 5 years old.
emimi
« Reply #703 on: October 14, 2008 04:18:31 PM »

This is a winner! While still reading the tutorial, I started to visualize what kind of fabric I should use for each friend's shopping bag. And now I'm breaking my head about the opening hours of the local fabric shops versus my working hours. I can't even go to sleep with all these shopping bag visions filling my mind   Cheesy This tutorial caused a total craft attack

THIS ROCKS   Logged
JerseyGal
« Reply #704 on: October 14, 2008 05:51:46 PM »

This tutorial caused a total craft attack
Know what you mean, emimi!  I've been doing long wallets and been staying up too late thinking and looking at all the tutes.  Addictive!!  Gotta try these bags SOOOOON.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
musicalcrafts
« Reply #705 on: October 16, 2008 10:28:14 AM »

How long does it take to find something easy enough to work but with potential to look great, whan you're searching for affordable yet charming gifts for your kid's teachers? I searched for weeks, before I found your tutorial! I ended up making 12 of them this week (I started after the kids were in bed, then one night working til 4:00, one night til 1:00, last night no sleep at all, finished wrapping them up after 6:00 AM, just had time to shower, dress myself and the kids, and rush to work) each in a different color of fabric. I bought cute fabrics, used for quilting, and they came out really nice. One of the teachers told me that my totes were THE thrill in the teachers room at recess time. Even those who weren't my kids' teachers wanted them, and went begging for one...
BIG, BIG THANK YOU!!!
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/DSC014841.JPG
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/DSC01485.JPG http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/DSC01486.JPG http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/DSC01487.JPG http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/DSC014891.JPG
THIS ROCKS   Logged
queenofdiy
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #706 on: October 16, 2008 01:23:54 PM »

Firstly....WOW!!  They look fantastic and very well made. Grin  Secondly.....how do you do it ?!?!??  You must be a fast worker.  I hope you get some sleep over the next few days.

I really like the way you packaged them too - so original.  No wonder the teachers are all begging you to make them one.

Glad you found and liked the tutorial  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Valiqa
Sewing Machine Goddess

Sailor Moon Junkie

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #707 on: October 16, 2008 10:09:06 PM »

This is pure genius. I am trying to go as green as possible and those 'reusable bags' are someone expensive for a nice sturdy canvas one. Now I can make a bunch for myself. =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making the world a craftier place, one craft at a time!
sbramlage
« Reply #708 on: October 26, 2008 06:37:26 AM »

Just a note to let you know I have made several bags from your tutorial.  Thanks for posting this.
Serita
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JerseyGal
« Reply #709 on: November 11, 2008 06:35:55 PM »

I have made a couple of these and will be making more.  Getting compliments whenever I use one.  One county in New York says they want to charge 25 cents for each plastic bag you get at the checkout.  These cloth bags are going to be VERY popular in the future.  Start sewing them now!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 88 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...