A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,155
Currently Running With Scissors:
575 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 54
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frosted Glass Tutorial -- How to make frosted glassware with Armor Etch!  (Read 257316 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , glass_etching , armour_etch  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

impromptukiss
« Reply #300 on: December 22, 2004 07:58:38 PM »

They made etching cream illegal in my city (Philadelphia) this week. So anyone who wants to get their etch on has to order it online now.

Wow!  I was just in Philly this weekend & we were wondering why we couldn't find it anywhere, lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

.jenn.
myspace.com/2beans
stacybee
« Reply #301 on: December 29, 2004 08:50:34 AM »

Of course, I have jumped on the glass etching bandwagon.  My pictures are really bad, but maybe if you squint... Smiley

I started with the idea of making my own Mikasa "Cheers" glasses that seem to be everywhere right now!  These wine glasses were on clearance for 50 cents each at the Target dollar spot.  I'm actually waiting for them to go to 25 cents so I can really load up Smiley

Anyway... the stripes didn't go so well, so I ended up with two polka dots (one has dots that are all the same size and the other has multiple sizes), a swirly and a skull and crossbones for my fiance (it's kind of hard to see, though).

(Edited by melidomi to fix img link)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005 08:39:52 AM by melidomi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

poetiksheee
« Reply #302 on: December 30, 2004 09:29:43 PM »

ooooohhhh this was so much easier than i anticipated! i never ever post but i just had to share the glasses i made for my buddy for xmas. his initials are CT so i put a C on one side and a T on the other.

Jenna
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redqueen

Gabba Gabba Hey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: December 30, 2004 09:50:42 PM »

I bought a big mug from the dollar store and put "The Best Boss in the World" on it as a x-mas present for my boss. Did I think to snap a quick pic of it before I gave it to him? Noooo. I am such an idiot sometimes. He got all misty eyed when I gave it to him and couldn't believe I did it myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Stupid Kills. But not enough to really help.
yogirly87
« Reply #304 on: January 01, 2005 01:19:16 PM »

omg i actually tried this!!it turned out really well i went 2 hobby lobby and bought the armour etch 4 only$18 (i no it seems like alot but if u go 2 good will and but 20 glasses 4 $10 that is 20 presesnt 4 only $28)i made a glass jar for my dad for x-mas and filled it up w/ candy after i put dad's candy on it!he really liked it and he was glad that i had made it!!and for my cousin i made her 1 with her na,e on it and hearts and stars!!and i made a candle holder 4 my grandmother!!they really seemed 2 like them!i had fun making them and i was really easy!!

have fun etching!!
                                    *~kels~*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luv ya!!!

*~kels~*
Mizbehaving
« Reply #305 on: January 19, 2005 11:13:03 AM »

Etching cream is SOOOO fun!  I plan on "holiday-izing" a set of glasses for each upcoming holiday!!!  St Pattys,  Easter, Halloween (you get the picture)

Here's my Valentines glasses!

I also made a "valentines cookie plate" that's posted over on the valentine's holiday board.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The voices in my head hate you!
puddinwuddin
« Reply #306 on: January 20, 2005 08:55:40 PM »

miz--how did you do the heart shape...all I can do are straight shapes Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mizbehaving
« Reply #307 on: January 20, 2005 09:51:13 PM »

Puddin,  I just cut out a heart from a piece of contact paper.  This is where I found the instructions for these glasses:
http://www.creatinghomedecor.com/conversationalglasses.htm
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The voices in my head hate you!
puddinwuddin
« Reply #308 on: January 21, 2005 03:21:22 PM »

Thanks so much!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elvenjuicebox

Falling on the wrong side of ignorance

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 24, 2005 11:12:05 AM »

I jumped on the etching bandwagon...it's going ok but getting the Armour Etch required a top secret security clearance (anyone else have that problem?) the lady at Michael's had to walk it up to the cash register for me  Roll Eyes , i almost wondered if she was going to walk it home for me..heh

I tried a couple of glasses and some small jars, I dont reccomend celtic knot stencils for a beginner project though...stickers...lots and lots of stickers! I'm also really surprised at how cheap glass is...which probably makes up for the 25 dollar bottle of etching cream.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 54 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
"Tilt" Book Trailer
Lorna Byrne Discusses Her Book A Message of Hope from the Angels
Martin Leicht and Isla Neal on the Inspiration Behind "Mothership"
Mark Nepo on His Book "Seven Thousand Ways to Listen"
Susannah Cahalan on Her Book "Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness"
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...