A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,752
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 54
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Frosted Glass Tutorial -- How to make frosted glassware with Armor Etch!  (Read 255006 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , glass_etching , armour_etch  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jennybean
« Reply #260 on: November 23, 2004 11:49:01 AM »

i think a full wine bottle would be a great idea. i'd say the only potential problem is that you'd screw up the label by getting tape on it, getting it wet, or whatever. but it would be a cool idea to personalize. and the cream isn't going to get through the glass!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sqrlgrrl
« Reply #261 on: November 23, 2004 10:30:16 PM »

I went for the wine bottle tonight. I just soaked off all the labels and then put my friends' names on it for a housewarming gift. I was going to add "home sweet home" to the other side but had to move on to other things. Hard to capture it all with my amateur photographing skills, but you get the idea...

and just for fun...I've made a few of these holiday ornaments with clear glass balls (not super original, just peoples' names still, but they are filled with different kinds of lichens b/c we are all nature geeks)

« Last Edit: February 11, 2010 12:47:38 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
zephren
« Reply #262 on: November 24, 2004 02:20:06 AM »

I love the ornaments! And I would have never thought to personalize wine! Thats great. By the way, is that a bottle of yellow tail? Just wondering.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jennybean
« Reply #263 on: November 24, 2004 06:42:09 AM »

i really like those ornaments! the lichen is such an original idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
koffikakes
« Reply #264 on: November 25, 2004 08:56:52 AM »

Hi - what did you use for the lettering?  I want to write the word "believe" on some votives.  Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sqrlgrrl
« Reply #265 on: November 25, 2004 01:09:49 PM »

i just bought letter stickers at michaels. i forget exactly what they were, but they are snazzy gold, silver and black ones in the scrapbook section. I find it kind of tricky to get them straight (never could follow straight lines) so i carefully put a piece of masking tape on my objects and measure to make sure it is parallel to the base and proceed. Time consuming, but worth it for me!

and zephren...i almost bought a bottle of yellow tail but got this instead (now i forget what it is! i have another bottle at home...). choose this b/c it was discounted more than the yellow tail  Smiley funny they do look so much alike stripped of their labels...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
justanyothergurl

Amelie likes cracking creme brulee with a teaspoon

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 25, 2004 08:07:04 PM »

I just don't have $32 to spend on etching creme right now, so does anyone know of a place online maybe that sells it a bit cheaper?

I googled etching cream and found some here- http://store.artcity.com/arp-150150.html for about $6! I plan on doing this project too, and thats a great deal i must say...
« Last Edit: November 25, 2004 08:10:37 PM by justanyothergurl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

BOYCOTT MTV

Question Assumptions

"the leprechauns are after my stash"
-bearded guy's shirt at the Common Ground Fair
dani24

I am so smart! S-M-R-T....oops! I mean S-M-A-R-T

View Profile WWW
« Reply #267 on: November 26, 2004 09:11:00 AM »

I googled etching cream and found some here- http://store.artcity.com/arp-150150.html for about $6! I plan on doing this project too, and thats a great deal i must say...

I checked that site, and the jar that is $6 is only 3oz of cream.  The $32 jar is 24oz.  That works out to about $2/oz for the small bottle. And $1.30/oz for the large bottle. 

But, if you're only planning on doing a few small projects, the 3oz jar might work.  But, don't expect to make gifts for the entire family.  You'll easily use the whole jar just to cover one or two projects.  Of course you can reuse it, by scraping it off, back into the bottle.

Also, the 32oz bottle on that site is only $26.  A bargain over what you'd pay at places like Michael's. 

However, shipping, for orders under $29.99 require $6.50 for shipping.  Which make it completely not worth it.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2004 09:13:22 AM by dani24 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
britlo
« Reply #268 on: November 28, 2004 10:07:41 AM »

I made some really cool glasses for christmas presents.. I put my friends names on martini glasses and a name and picture on a beerstein that I got for like a dollar at a thrift store.. It was really easy to make a stencil out of contact paper and that peeled right off.. hopefully I can post some pictures soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
yogirly87
« Reply #269 on: November 29, 2004 01:40:40 PM »

wow this is so cool Shocked!!I cant wait 2 try it!!

*~kels~*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luv ya!!!

*~kels~*
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 54 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Tempeh and Shiitake Mushroom Stir-Fry
How to Make Teriyaki Glazed Duck Breast
Curry Chicken with Apples and Pasta Recipe
How To Make Curry Sushi
Chicken Lajawab Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...