Hey all who are actually taking the time to read my post. I haven't been on here for a while, and my last recon stuff was...kinda lame XD
Everyones got to start somewhere right?
Well, I start my summer off with some sewing pleasure. Now keep in mind, for those of you who can sense mistakes from miles away and can see little stitch issues, i'm not completely done with this one. I have to re-enforce some stitches and whatnot to make it stronger and not so feeble
Also, I sewed one of the sleeves inside out XD silly Melissa.
Nobodys perfect (I gotta work it, again and again till I get it right XDD Hannah Montana Spazzz
Back to business. Here is what I started with:
And here is what I ended up with ((for now, I may make some adjustments =D))
I love my bathroom?
Back shots are hard >.<
I look flat too -.-'
Well thats what I have
Leave me anything
ME SO SORRY
unfortunately for all those waiting on a tutorial for this, a full one won't be up for a while. I am currently really busy with marching band, schoolwork, sports, auditions, job, drumming, and about ten other things to take time to sit down and make a tutorial.
But honestly, this isn't too hard of a shirt to make, so I'll write a stand-in tutorial until i get a good one
1. Get two shirts
2. pick the one you want to be your main one
3. find a good fitting tank top, cut out a trace of the tank top on your main shirt
4. measure yourself so you can get esimates on the stripe parts, so you wont mess up like i did
5. from the second shirt, cuz 3 strips, two for the side ((about 3 inches)) and one for the back ((about 6 inches))
6. sew on the sides, leaving armholes
6B. cut down the back of the main shirt like your putting in a zipper, and then sew in the large strip back there
7. take the second shirts sleeves, and cut them out. then, cut out the seam of the sleeve and resew it so it fits better. then sew on the shirt.
8. Make a hood like shape and take a part of the main shirt to make a lining on the hood. measure the colar on your shirt and make a hood accordingly
9. if you want, you can cuz the middle like i did, with the little "V" thing in the front of the neck. jsut cut down the middle as far as you want, then roll in and resew
this is a really vague description of what i did, so if your up for it, you can try it or ask me questions about it until i have time for a tutorial