A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,960
Currently Running With Scissors:
539 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I love GIANT Michael's shirts! 1 shirt and 2 dresses + 2 Tutorials on p2  (Read 69954 times)
Tags for this thread: tee_recon , tutorial , craftster_best_of_2007  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mewyam

bored and crafty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2007 11:17:55 PM »

sooooo nice

i'll steal one shirt of the boyfriend and make a cute blouse for me  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i need a glue gun. my boyfriend stole my glue gun. he's making glue-turds, he said.

http://boredandcrafty.com
http://boredandcrafty.etsy.com
littlehajerika
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2007 09:12:19 PM »

Here's my attempt:

The only thing I really changed was that mine are actual buttons and button holes and I used a medium size t-shirt for this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kwugirl
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2007 06:48:04 PM »

I made this dress last night (the one with the gathers in the front) and I LOVE it, it makes me feel so sexy! Mine's strapless because I didn't have enough material leftover--I used an XL t-shirt and I'm 5'2", 34C, if that's helpful at all to anyone else. I do wish my t-shirt had been a softer jersey, it was the cheap kind because I got it free at this retreat, but so it goes. It may require wearing some Spanx underneath to smooth out the lines because it's a bit tighter than I would like, so next time I'll be using an XXL t-shirt with more drape.

Anyway, I thought I'd make a suggestion to other people who try to make this. I had a hard time making the sides match up, so I was thinking it might be better to sew a top bodice piece to its corresponding skirt part, before sewing the front and back together. Also, do the gathers after attaching the bodice to the skirt, because the gathers make the bottom edge uneven. I did the gathers on the machine, sewing two lines with really large, loose stitches, pulling on this to create the gathers, and then sewing one line down the middle to hold them in place. I pulled on the gathers a bit tighter than I wanted them to end up because as I sewed down the middle, the gathers spread out.

Thanks for the idea and tutorial!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
etrina
Proud Parent & Loving Mom

The Sunshine of my Life

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2007 11:00:40 PM »

This is great! I'm going to try this once I already know how to sew and have my own machine.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We must teach our children to dream with their eyes open
___equilibrium
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2007 12:02:46 PM »

I love those dresses! Perfect for a warm summer afternoon outside....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brookeincraftland
BROOKE

formerly was polKadOt_iT.then they took over :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2007 12:05:24 PM »

Smiley Smiley

I was so excited to see that you have made that button shirt. I have been wanting one. I am ready to try to make one. Great Idea and cheaper. I also thought the other dresses you made were great. Good job.

brooke
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have paint all over my fingers and fabric all over the floor. Yeah it was a good day!
!b
« Reply #96 on: August 31, 2007 05:59:42 PM »

This is such an awesome idea cause it can also be used to recycle all those old too big t-shirts...
or turn your boyfriends shirts into cute clothes for you! and he probably wouldn't even recognize it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

italia_rican_520

Crafting in the world of Deanna, Mike and Ariel.

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2007 09:33:14 AM »

(droool) I'm going to make this today! Not even kidding, going to buy mens tees after work.  Cheesy

I have a question tho...I am about 5'1 and 110 lbs...does anyone have an idea of what size tee I need to get? I'm guessing a mens XL or XXL?

I'd rather err on the shirt being too big bc then I can just cut off extra and maybe make a little clutch or headband to match?

Thank you ladies, and thanks very much for the idea! I will post pics when it's done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
critterpants
« Reply #98 on: September 10, 2007 11:21:10 AM »

I am going to make that button top shirt.  That is so cute and what a great deal you found at Michael's.  I love going to the thrift store and will look for something fun to shrink down!  Thanks so much for the tutorial and for sharing this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Verne
Verne'

faTshionista

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 10, 2007 10:41:21 PM »

first of all...i'm laffin at the lil duckie heads...lol too funny and cute i might add. Wink but yeah i been thinkin of what to do with some shirts i have as well. i like the ideas. gooody gooody!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007 05:58:34 PM by Verne » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Supervillain Origins: The Riddler
How to Make Japanese Calligraphy Art
Supervillain Origins: The Shocker
Self-Portrait by Charlene Lanzel
Wonder Woman by Charlene Lanzel
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...