A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,379
Currently Running With Scissors:
543 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fed up with Etsy?  (Read 11370 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Halflyng
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007 05:10:37 AM »

It all really depends on WHAT you sell, ruby.  I've tried a lot of the sites out there, and sadly, Etsy is the only one I've made a significant amount of money from. 
You can try:
YabbleBabble.com
Lov.li
ECrater
Ebay :S
BluJay
Dawanda
Mintd

I can't think of all the ones I've tried so far... but there are a lot :S
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007 08:18:30 AM »

wouldn't it be awesome if there was a craftster store that we could all post our things on....?

i'd be selling knitted items, some sewn ones (aprons, cosmetic bags, etc.) and some jewelry, too.  where do you recommend?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
Halflyng
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007 01:29:19 PM »

I would try Dawanda, honestly.  It's the same concept as Etsy, but I've heard they're a TON nicer over there Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
naturalcreation
Love and respect for all of God's critters :)

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2007 01:32:50 PM »

What's with the outdated links...?
"YabbleBabble was officially sold on August 9, 2007. You can no longer purchase any of the products on this website through YabbleBabble, but most product pages contain links to the artist's current website. If you find a product that interests you, simply follow the link and purchase the product on the artist's new website. For more information on the sale of YabbleBabble, view this press release."
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Halflyng
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2007 06:48:57 AM »

What's with the outdated links...?
"YabbleBabble was officially sold on August 9, 2007. You can no longer purchase any of the products on this website through YabbleBabble, but most product pages contain links to the artist's current website. If you find a product that interests you, simply follow the link and purchase the product on the artist's new website. For more information on the sale of YabbleBabble, view this press release."

That's about as long as it's been since I've been to YabbleBabble, honestly.  I tried and tried to sell there, but I honestly don't think ANYTHING sold there... If you do some research on Etsy or in the Etsy groups on Flickr, there are tons of threads that list all the available sites to sell on.  I, personally, am too lazy to do it Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Souldier

make mini ramps... not war

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2008 01:29:29 PM »

I love having an Etsy shop, but Etsy can be a real downer sometimes. Especially the forums. When I first opened my shop and decided to venture into the forums, I made a mistake by voicing my personal opinion which was cheery and in no way rude. Then someone decided to pull individual items from my shop and bash them in that thread because I didn't agree with them. Being a seller on Etsy and not asking for a personal critique I contacted admin and asked them to remove the comments because it is basically bad publicity! Admin refused to remove the comments but locked the thread which forever froze the nonsense in time for everyone to see. I was quite upset with that.

Also the way the gift guides and featured sellers are chosen doesn't seem very democratic in the least but more of a favorites game which is stupid.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://souldier.etsy.com
Handbags, trinkets, and oddities that truly allow you to march to your own beat.

http://petsouldiers.etsy.com
A place where pets and their owners can march to their own beat!

http://marching-souldier.blogspot.com/
A place where I vent. Ha!
sancrea
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2008 02:48:50 PM »

I briefly checked out Dawanda.com, and the first thing I see is "if you want to buy or sell things on DaWanda you need to register first." What if the people who like your products don't want to go through the hassle of registering? Then what?

I've been interested in posting on Etsy.com, but if there's anything better out there, I'd like to find out sooner than later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bonster4454
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2008 01:00:00 AM »

I think I've had my etsy shop for almost year now. Although in October was the first time I listed the earrings I make and a few vintage patterns. I noticed that I still have very low views and there are tons of pages of jewelry. I think my earrings got lost somewhere.

I know I need some more flare with my earrings but the whole thing is making me disappointed.

I agree I think etsy needs a better organization set up. Would love to hear any responses. thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Halflyng
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2008 04:27:11 AM »

I briefly checked out Dawanda.com, and the first thing I see is "if you want to buy or sell things on DaWanda you need to register first." What if the people who like your products don't want to go through the hassle of registering? Then what?

I've been interested in posting on Etsy.com, but if there's anything better out there, I'd like to find out sooner than later.

You need to register on Etsy in order to buy anything, as well. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Halflyng
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2008 04:30:38 AM »

I think I've had my etsy shop for almost year now. Although in October was the first time I listed the earrings I make and a few vintage patterns. I noticed that I still have very low views and there are tons of pages of jewelry. I think my earrings got lost somewhere.

I know I need some more flare with my earrings but the whole thing is making me disappointed.

I agree I think etsy needs a better organization set up. Would love to hear any responses. thanks

The only way you're really going to get more views, and I'm being absolutely serious about this, is to sit in front of your computer for 16 hours a day and promote.  Not only promote & advertise, but list frequently.  If you don't have a ton of items, you need to relist the ones you have listed.  Sounds horrible, doesn't it?  When I was unemployed for a couple months, that's literally all I did to pull in cash.  I was in the forums, in the chat room, on crafting forums such as this one, listing items 4-5 times a day, writing newsletters, posting on myspace, livejournal, vox etc...

If you just list your earrings and hope they sell, they won't. Period.  That's another reason why I haven't done jack on my Etsy page.  I'm pregnant now, and I've had NO motivation to do anything of the sort.  I randomly check there to see what kind of feedback I have, but that's about it.  Eventually, I'm going to have to list everything I have in stock as my inventory is currently sitting in the baby's room and I'd really just like to sell it than store it Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Hemp Bracelets
How to Choose a Jewelry Making Kit
Essential Jewelry Making Supplies
Silver Jewelry Making
Using Flex-Shaft Jewelry Tools
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Melted Crayon Painting
More Art, Less Craft
Meatless Monday: No Bake Lime Cheesecake

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...