A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 306,351
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fed up with Etsy?  (Read 13552 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gilowyn
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007 01:20:43 AM »

Right now I like www.dawanda.com. They are still working hard on the site and really take users' ideas into consideration. I hope they will lower their commission, but right now, listing is free.

My main reason against Etsy is the price dumping - things sell for nothing there... and I just don't want to go that road.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

1cecream
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007 06:59:08 AM »

hi guys,

its very nice to read the positive feedback about DaWanda, thanks for that!

we have a new feature called the Style Lab, which is going live in the coming days. Its a tool for our members to offer their customers special tailor made products.

We are currently accepting applications from our members - if you are making custom products, you can apply to take part.

We also have a special offer for new members at the moment.

We really appreciate your opinion and feedback so drop me a line with any thoughts or concerns you have! would be great to hear from you!

elizabeth [at] dawanda [dot] com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pawsntails
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007 09:47:23 PM »

Soaps, I remember reading your farewell on the etsy forums.  Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you.

I have been successful there but I am only comparing it to ebay.  It is 1000 times better than ebay for me. 

I agree, it is flooded with bath stuff.  Also, some people are practically giving their items away.
I started out with my prices too low too but have raised them to a decent retail price and am still selling.
I'll admit though that I always have my feelers out for other sites...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quality fabric pet collars
http://www.pawsntails.etsy.com
PhunkyThreads
this is the only craftster id I've ever had

wait for it....it wil come...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007 11:07:27 AM »

i have looked at etsy and ebay because I was not aware there were any other sites to sell my crafts on. What are some other sites that have good reviews? I wasn't too impressed with the fees on ebay or etsy. Honestly, it took me a while to find anything interesting on etsy because there is so much on there.I figured it was just populr with people here.

What kinda online shop would be good for a beginning seller?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If speaking my mind gets me in trouble with the establishment,then I never want to be silent
naturalcreation
Love and respect for all of God's critters :)

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007 01:52:30 PM »

> My main reason against Etsy is the price dumping - things sell for nothing there... and I just don't want to go that road.

Exactly. If someone wants to sell their stuff at a loss they can contact a business liquidator and the inventory is sold at open public auction. If someone is truly concerned about putting out good high quality merchandise and selling it for appropriate prices, they want to find a venue to do that and not have to think of working with the bottomfeeders - both liquidators or "dollar store" customers. Is Etsy really pretty much a site where people dump the stuff they think is worth ''less''?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovething

braaaaaaiiiiiinnnnssss

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007 08:27:23 AM »

5.  A severe lack of nice people in the forums.  I can barely stand to go there anymore.

That's my main issue right now. I rarely post on the forums, but the other day I made a post asking for some advice one one of the site guidelines that I didn't understand and I got CRUCIFIED by the people there. There is absolutely no respect or crafterly love there. I don't think I'll ever use the Etsy forums again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Halflyng
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007 12:29:33 PM »

What was your post about?  Maybe we can help here Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovething

braaaaaaiiiiiinnnnssss

« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2007 01:29:43 PM »

^My problem is being resolved now with help from the Etsy team. It was an issue about another seller copying my products. When I asked for advice about it on Etsy I was careful not to give any details about who the seller was, but everyone jumped on me saying I was "calling out" another user because they had decided to do their own digging and figure out who it was on their own, without any help from me. Some even made me out to be the bad guy, suggesting that I was the one who copied from her. Ugh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Halflyng
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2007 03:16:45 PM »

This is exactly what I'm talking about.  I even have a name for these people.. The Forum Harpies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2007 03:44:12 PM »

sad... i was considering setting up a shop on etsy. i know it's been asked already, but does anyone have suggestions for better selling sites?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Photoshop Tutorial -Toning & Burning
Simulate Acrylic or Oil Portrait in Photoshop
How to Apply Digital Makeup in Photoshop Part 3a
How to Apply Digital Makeup in Photoshop Part 2c
How to Apply Digital Makeup in Photoshop Part 1c
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Cake Stands
February 3, 2016 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: 3-D Heart Card

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...