I've FINALLY finished the Slink! I started this top about two months ago (right when it started getting warm) and I've finally finished. I had some setbacks along the way, which I will explain fully after the pictures!
Here it is in all its glory! The purl ridge detail around the waist goes all the way around the back of the sweater.
Here it is on me, just to show that it actually does fit.
Ok, so here are the details:
Pattern: The Slink, from DomiKnitrix
Pattern Author: Jennifer Stafford
Yarn: Classic Elite Rockford Cotton. This is an Egyptian Cotton yarn that has been discontinued. My mom actually bought this for me at a yard sale in Massachusetts a couple of years ago. It ironically was the perfect yardage for this project (I have about 6 yards left over).
Modifications: I didn't follow the pattern for the rolled V neck. After I was done knitting the top, I didn't want to knit too much around the neck because it looked good as is. close up of the v-neck
This pattern is cast on with a provisional cast on in the left back area of the top. It is then knit sideways all the way around the body and then the provisional cast on is taken out and it is "seamed" under the left armpit area with kitchener stitch. Stitches are picked up around the arm for a short row cap sleeve.