A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,738
Currently Running With Scissors:
595 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Do you use delivery confirmation??  (Read 2058 times)
Tags for this thread: shipping  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KeelyB
« on: June 15, 2007 09:11:53 PM »

As many of you know, I am preparing to open my etsy shop within the next week (hopefully!). I am honestly a little freaked out by the stories I hear of buyers claiming to have never received a package. Now I know some of those stories are legitimate, especially when the seller refused to talk to the buyer about WHY the package was never received...but my question is, is this something I should really be concerned with, or is our postal service usually reliable? I dont want to pay for the delivery confirmation if it is not needed, but then again, I would like to have some sort of confirmation other than the buyers word that they got their package. Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but Ive gotten such a headache over trying to figure out shipping prices/policies because Im so new to this. Thank you so much for your advice!
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007 09:12:20 PM by KeelyB » THIS ROCKS   Logged

El Dave
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007 05:31:30 PM »

Sometimes the peace of mind is worth the extra $2  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trinabrielle
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2007 12:50:19 PM »

I definitely use delivery confirmation on all of my packages. It doesn't let you track the packages, but at least you know if/when they were delivered.

If you buy your postage through PayPal, delivery confirmation is free for Priority Mail and is only $0.18 (I think that's how much it is) for First Class Mail.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handspun and recycled yarns:
http://TBFibers.etsy.com

Handmade hats, scarves, and other fun accessories:
http://TrinaBrielle.etsy.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trinabrielle
sparetime
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2007 08:17:07 PM »

I always use delivery confirmation. Its well worth it for my piece of mind.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Carolyn
www.sparetimecrafts .etsy.com
Dance like no ones watching!
sparetime
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2007 08:19:21 PM »

oops "peace of mind"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Carolyn
www.sparetimecrafts .etsy.com
Dance like no ones watching!
KeelyB
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007 11:06:39 PM »

Thanks guys, youre so right!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThePaintedTiger
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2007 02:38:20 PM »

If you would like your Delivery Confirmation on labels that you print at home to be at least proof of mailing, check out this little tutorial I wrote.  Many people do not know about the SCAN forms.  Most of the time, the USPS does not scan items until they reach their destination.  Not helpful if it gets lost before then!

http://www.etsy.com/storque/section/howTos/article/scanning-and-shipping-made-easy/224/

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Adventures in Dyeing & Knitting
http://ThePaintedTiger.blogspot.com
happyfrog
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007 02:15:08 PM »

painted tiger - THANKS for teh link!

I use delivery confirmation (date) on all my parcels (I ship priority mail) - mostly so I am sure that they do arrive at their destination, so that I can send a followup email to their purchase.  Smiley

I've been bringing each and every parcel individually to the post office - no small feat with 2 small children! so I will ask my mail carrier if he'd be accepting of me leaving parcels for him.  I thought with the new terrorist stuff going on that one couldn't leave boxes, etc for the mail carrier anymore. . .

BettyAnn
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.answeredprayers.aboutmybaby.com
mommy to three amazing children on earth!  Smiley
autumnsilvermoon
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2007 06:44:11 AM »

We'll from experiences with my mom, I'd insure it instead. She bought a nursing pillow for my sister in law. Well it had a delivery confirmation on it. She looked it up and it said it was delivered December 1st. It is now December 18th and Still no package. The post office said if she didn't insure it there wasn't anything they would do about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pepperhem
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007 05:12:17 PM »

I use delivery confirmation, first class mail and haven't had a problem yet.  I print the labels at home and while the SCAN form sounds like an awesome idea, the reason i weigh items and print at home is so that when i get to the post office i don't have to wait on that looong line.  with the scan forms don't you have to wait on line?  doesn't that defeat the purpose of printing the labels at home (besides the delivery confirmation rate change)Huh  just curious.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Clinton Kelly Shows You How to Rock Hot Summer Trends
Top Fashion Trends from Bonnaroo Music Festival 2013
How to Pull Off a Shorts Suit
Style Crush: Jessica Alba
Dress Like Rihanna At Any Size
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...