A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,852
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knit and Crochet blanket Swap (Sign-ups Closed. First Send Out: June 29)  (Read 11659 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chibi elphie
Mini Elphaba

Crafty Witch of the East

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: August 03, 2007 01:45:09 PM »

Just as a warning to those sending out to me this week: I'm leaving for camp Sunday morning, so I won't be able to be in contact until the 19th. I'm really sorry if this causes any trouble for anyone.

And I agree with pogmothoin. I can definitely make my own square if it's too much trouble finding an angel.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Love means nothing in tennis"

+Nerdy Knits- my blog
+My Wists
DisneyFan
I Love Disney, My Husband Loves Shakira!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #141 on: August 03, 2007 01:45:26 PM »

Okay...I'll be sending out the last 4 that I have here, but I won't send out the one for anatripsis, so I'll have one extra light purple square if anyone else needs one.  For me, it's not a big deal to not receive from her because I've been making extra squares for myself anyway to make the blanket bigger.  I think this turned out to be a much more difficult swap to organize than anyone would have thought!  Smiley  So, everyone, if anyone is going to need a purple square, let me know so that I can send it to you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took up running so that I could eat more, not because it feels good.  haha
Ameythestlily
« Reply #142 on: August 03, 2007 04:42:45 PM »

Yeah pogmothoin's got the idea. I was planning on adding on my own squares anyway so 1 flaker's not too bad. ('sides it'd be a little hard to find a swap angel for 11 people). I think this swap went really well considering all the little details that had to be worked out, and I love all the squares I got so far....Ps I just got danceisthenewmosh's square today. this weekend I will definitly try to get off my butt and post pics of all of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

2 more months till little Emmalyn makes her debut. So nervous but just can't wait Smiley
TheCraftyCat

The truth is out there... anybody got the URL?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: August 03, 2007 05:49:35 PM »

I'm still knitting like a madwoman.  I was up to date, and then starpiste went and made everyone green!  Tongue

I've made a square for anatripsis, which I'm sitting on.  If she rematerializes, I'll send it off... If not, a bunch of us have probably made squares for her.  taloola was making a "craftster blanket" which I believe is still in progress... maybe we can send our squares to her? http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=110191.0

As for angels, you might want to post a call for angels who will each make 2-4 squares, rather than the full 11... but I have no problem knitting up 2 squares for myself instead of one.  I've been having fun experimenting with patterns Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Diana dOr
« Reply #144 on: August 03, 2007 07:31:58 PM »

Oooh. Look at all the activity!
I'm glad people don't mind making their own squares, I was secretly hoping for that. I can't wait to assemble all the squares to see which wool I'm going to go with. Also I will be stealing patterns from some of the squares I loved the most.
Again congrats to all who have kept up, it's wonderful that so many strangers could keep a commitment to each other for six weeks. Not to sound too cynical, of course. Just a breath of fresh air.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Knitting is a boon for those of us who are easily bored.  I take my knitting everywhere to take the edge off of moments that would otherwise drive me stark raving mad"
april_cocaine
« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2007 01:25:44 PM »

starpiste - trust me, you've done far better with this thatn I ever could do myself, and I'm so grateful that you took on my idea.

I'm a little bummed out about anatripsis - the sqaure I sent her was my favourite one, and I forgot to take a picture!
I really don't mind knitting myself a second one.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Liralera

Crafty and Musical

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 05, 2007 01:05:59 PM »

I'm all caught up, I just need to send everything out.

>> Curse the lack of money and the lack of post office on Sundays...

So, I should be able to send them off either Tuesday or Thursday, depends on when I get taken to the post office. By then, I'll have sent off everyone's squares.

I don't mind making two squares for myself, but why deny someone the opportunity to angel?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starpiste
« Reply #147 on: August 06, 2007 09:56:57 AM »

thanks for the kind words everyone. I'm going to do up a chart this morning that will hopefully make it clearer who has sent to whom so far.

Also, I'm declaring anatripsis as officially flaked. I'm sad to do it and would be more than happy to arrange something with her in the future to get rid of the negative feedback.

If you have a square for her you have not sent you have three options:
1. Sent it to Liralera or tinybits instead if you haven't already made their square. Just make sure the square fits their criteria more than just for colour.
2. Keep it.
3. Send it to taloola (see the link TheCraftyCat posted). I also just posted on that thread to check if she's still after squares.

As for getting the square you were meant to get from her you have two choices:
1. Ask me to find you an angel.
2. Make an extra one for yourself.

PLEASE PM ME ASAP AS TO WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN BOTH CASES! Once I hear fro everyone I will put out a call for angels. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kazkitty
« Reply #148 on: August 12, 2007 07:56:14 PM »

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still in this! I'm just a bit behind an dI should have some squares sent out by the end of the week. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheCraftyCat

The truth is out there... anybody got the URL?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #149 on: September 06, 2007 07:41:02 AM »

Okay.  I think this swap is cursed.

First I got behind schedule.

Then I had to frog a square, putting me further behind schedule.

Then I knit a square for anatripsis, who promptly flaked, putting me even further behind schedule.

Then, last night, in the midst of knitting my last square, my yarn ball ran out, so I joined another ball.  Five stitches later, I realized they were different dye lots!  So I'm re-knitting the square using just the new yarn.  Putting me even FURTHER behind schedule.

Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Eliminate Brassy Blond Color Without a Trip to the Salon
Easy, Breezy Mermaid Hair Tutorial
Gold Tipped Braids at Mara Hoffman NYFW 2014
Half Up Bella Thorne Hair Tutorial
How to Change Your Hair from Day to Night Look
Latest Blog Articles
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete
Mmm, Bacon!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...