A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,694
Currently Running With Scissors:
475 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knit and Crochet blanket Swap (Sign-ups Closed. First Send Out: June 29)  (Read 12326 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

starpiste
« on: June 15, 2007 08:45:53 PM »

Swap name: Knit and Crochet Blanket Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Starpiste
Sign-up date range: Until we have 12 people signed up
Date to send item by: First send out will hopefully be June 29 and then every Friday after that for 6 weeks total.

Limited to a certain number of people? 12!

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No

All ages allowed? Yes.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Details of swap:

The goal of this swap is for each swapper to collect 11 knit or crochet squares from different craftsters so that they can make a blanket from them. (You will need to make a square for yourself too!) Every week (on Friday) you will be sending two squares to two different people. At the end of the six weeks every one will have sent to everyone else once and will have 11 squares to add to their own and make a 3x4 blanket (or several pillows or whatever).

This swap is a six week commitment. Please consider carefully if you have the time and money to take this on. You MUST show a proof of shipping (DC, receipt, partner receiving) before your next weeks partner will be able to ship to you. This is to prevent one person from flaking but still receiving several squares. You must also be willing to ship to any country.

The Squares: Your square must be 12x12 inches. You will choose one colour for your blanket so all the squares would be the same colour, just different shades. Please follow the other yarn-specific requests of each swapper for their square. Please try to be creative. No squares of just garter stitch of half double crochet. This is a great time to try new patterns and play.

Crochet Inspiration: http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/12in_squares.php
If you know a comparable place for 12" square knitting patterns let me know!

And please communicate with me as much as possible if you have questions, concerns, lateness, or whatever you need.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Knit and Crochet Blanket Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address including the country:
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?
Do you understand you must show proof of shipping each week?
Will you be knitting or crocheting?

Square Preferences:
What colour do you want your squares?
Yarn weight preference? (ex. sport, worsted, mixed)
Do you want yarn that is machine washable only?
Special Pattern requests? (ex. lace, cables)
Would you like loose, open squares or thick, cozy ones?
Any other likes/dislikes? (ex. variegated, fun fur, neon colours)

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

WHO HAS SIGNED UP ALREADY:

1. Starpiste
2. chibi elphie
3. pogmothoin
4. april_cocaine
5. Liralera
6. TheCraftyCat
7. Ameythestlily
8. tinybits
9. anatripsis FLAKED!!!
10. Kazkitty
11. DisneyFan
12. danceisthenewmosh
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007 10:30:29 AM by starpiste » THIS ROCKS   Logged

starpiste
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007 08:47:40 PM »

Here are all the send dates and partners. One week you should only have one person to send to. Also, this was really confusing to do so let me know if you see errors (you send or receive more than 11 times, or you send or received with the same person twice).

I HAVE CHANGED THE FORMAT OF THIS POST IN A HUGE WAY!!!! NOW YOUR NAME IS FOLLOWED BY THE NAMES OF THE PEOPLE YOU STILL HAVE TO SEND TO. IF SOMEONE IS THERE WHO SHOULDN'T BE, OR SOMEONE WHO SHOULD BE THERE ISN'T LET ME KNOW!!

Also, everyone is ok to send to except for anatripsis who I've left off of everyone's list.

STARPISTE: done sending!!

CHIBI ELPHIE: done sending!!

POGMOTHOIN: done sending!!

APRIL_COCAINE: done sending!!

LIRALERA: done sending!!

THECRAFTYCAT: done sending!!

AMEYTHESTLILY: done sending!!

TINYBITS: done sending!!

KAZKITTY: Chibi elphie, TheCraftyCat, DisneyFan, danceisthenewmosh

DISNEYFAN: done sending!!

DANCEISTHENEWMOSH: done sending!!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007 11:48:17 PM by starpiste » THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinybits
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007 03:01:44 AM »

i would love to join.. it would be so cool to receive blocks from craftsters..
but i am confused about the send part.. all the weeks and number underneath doesnt make sense in my head.. how on earth i will find out who to send?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chibi elphie
Mini Elphaba

Crafty Witch of the East

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007 07:45:59 AM »

i'm in!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Love means nothing in tennis"

+Nerdy Knits- my blog
+My Wists
TheCraftyCat

The truth is out there... anybody got the URL?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007 08:41:09 AM »

I'm so confused... I don't understand the send/receive schedule!  And what's this about your name being in green?  Does that mean you've met all your commitments so far and so whoever is sending to you should send?

This sounds like a lot of fun, but I don't want to sign up until I thoroughly understand the commitment.

Edit: Can we also know everyone's yarn preferences up front?  That way, we can each go out and get yarn for all 11 squares all at once if we so choose, and we can get started on squares for partners we don't have to send to for a while.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007 08:44:26 AM by TheCraftyCat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

starpiste
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2007 10:09:06 AM »

ok some clarification.

1. On the send lists, I will put names in green once they are ok to be sent to. If their name is not in green, it means they haven't showed proof that they send the week before. I don't want them receiving squares if they aren't actually sending any. This does mean you can't send early, unless your partner shipped early the week before.

2. Your blanket will be made up of 12 squares. You will make one and other craftsters will make 11. Each person will be making two for 5 weeks and 1 for a sixth week. That means each person will make 11 squares to send out total and each square will go to a different person. The sending cycle makes sure that each person sends to each other person once. You get 11 squares, and you send 11. All to and from different people. That's also why we can only have 12 people in the group.

3. I will send everyones information out at the same time in a giant PM so you can work on the squares in advance, do one shopping trip, and all that good stuff. I will do this as soon as the 12 people are signed up.

4. The sending schedule is really confusing because it was really confusing to do. If the week is "Groups of three" you send to the other two people in the group. For the weeks where your name is listed, followed by a colon and two names, you send to the two names after yours. Everyone will have one week where they will only ship to one person and it's not always the same week. Also, as people sign up I will replace the names with numbers. I just did it in numbers for now so it's all done quickly once we have our group of 12.

If that doesn't help with anyones questions let me know. Sometimes I think something is obvious but it's only in my head and I forget to say/type it for everyone else.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007 10:39:22 AM by starpiste » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Diana dOr
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2007 11:10:44 AM »

Apparently I have no problem signing up for a swap full of interesting rules I do not fully get. But hell I'm sure I'll get into the hang of it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Knitting is a boon for those of us who are easily bored.  I take my knitting everywhere to take the edge off of moments that would otherwise drive me stark raving mad"
april_cocaine
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2007 11:30:05 AM »

I'm in Tongue

cheers for sorting all this out starpiste, i think it'll be less confusing once there are names up.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheCraftyCat

The truth is out there... anybody got the URL?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007 03:40:37 PM »

I just sent in my info.  Can't wait to get everyone's info and start knitting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tinybits
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafty Monster Strikes Back

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2007 06:35:59 AM »

there is a CAL, where people makes 12" crochet squares.. and they have too many nice patterns already posted:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=117318.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wear a Fedora
How to Layer Clothing
How to Wear an All Black Wardrobe
How to Accessorize Your Wardrobe
How to Pick Evening Wear
Latest Blog Articles
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup
@Home This Weekend: Bee Magnets

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...