A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 304,876
Currently Running With Scissors:
742 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Used Book Swap Gallery!  (Read 6839 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Linnybelle
« Reply #70 on: July 19, 2007 05:22:17 PM »

I realized with something akin to horror today that I'd never posted the amazing package I'd recieved from mommmabear1963 and thought that I should change that.  The package came the day of my dance performance and it was quite wonderful.  It literally made me jump up and down in front of around 30 people during the cast potluck in my living room.  I'm very excited to start reading them!

So without further ado:
The bookmarks:

Some detail shot on the bookmarks:

I literally squealed when I saw the ladybug.

The books:

This ("Outlander", by Diana Gaboldoon) is one of my absolute favorite books!  I adore this entire series and was just contemplating splurging on the first one, but now I can splurge on the second one instead!  It's a love story, involves Scotland, kilts, a herbalist, and time travel.  Absolutely wonderful. I can post a blurb if people really want it.

"Family Tree" by Barbara Delinsky.  It says it's about a wife who starts looking into her family's history after her baby is born with some distinctly African-American traits.  It looks very good and I'm excited to start it.

And as an added bonus, a cute little collage book with sections on food, wood, paper, fabric, and lots more.  I especially like the food page!

This was a wonderful swap and I really enjoyed participating!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
Dawn Octopus
I wish I had 8 tentacles.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: July 19, 2007 06:34:21 PM »

I ADORE the Outlander series!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud pre-adoptive Mother Smiley
Dawn Octopus
I wish I had 8 tentacles.

« Reply #72 on: July 19, 2007 06:36:42 PM »

Oh, and PS, I read both of my books from Wendy and they were great!
Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud pre-adoptive Mother Smiley
mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2007 12:28:55 AM »

You know, I did not even know that Outlander was a series and that was one of my favorite all time novels, so now rather than read that one again I must look for the next one.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2007 12:30:52 AM »

Family Tree is very good.  IT is the book that has the knitter for the main character.  Her grandmother owns a yarn shop, and that is all I can say. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2007 04:44:38 AM »

Family Tree looks good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TwiztidBlood
« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2007 08:05:49 AM »

i received my angel package from muria earlier in the week but now i need to post a photo!

she sent me a book called the joy luck club which sounds quite good! and a book called how to make an american quilt, which also looks quite good!
she sent a spider bookmark/cat toy
and a cat lovers cookbook!, which is crazy because my cats were just put on a high protien fatty acid diet, and the vet had me take away there dry food and they only allowed 1 can of a special soft food daily, and for treats i was told they may have home cooked meats and eggs etc and i can replace the soft food now and then for a meal of meat etc. which is crazy because the cookbook is a all meat and egg recipes! and in the back it explains the hills diets which is what my cats were put on!
it was crazy to get it lol, so anyways, now the cats will be happy to switch out the new soft for new cookbook meals Smiley

she also said shes getting another book in another swap and will be sending it to me when it arrives Smiley

im so spoiled, shes amazing

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
Muria
« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2007 08:25:08 AM »

I'm glad you like your package, TwiztidBlood!   I happened to find the cat lover's cookbook while I was looking at other books, and remembered you have 3 cats, so I thought you might enjoy it.  Smiley  I'll try to get your other book out today.  Smiley   I really liked what you sent me, too!  I'm having operating system issues here (vista won't let me install my printer/scanner that I usually use to upload the pics from my camera memory card), but I'll try to get pics up of what you sent me (Mrs. Bridge by Evan Connell, Tara Road by Maeve Binchy, and A Wicked Way to Burn by Margaret Miles, plus 3(!) pretty bookmarks)!  Between my bookmark from StarFire and the ones from TwiztidBlood, I shouldn't ever be caught using a scrap of paper as a bookmark again.  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 21, 2007 03:17:38 PM by Muria - Reason: left off a "n't" » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
Linnybelle
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2007 02:56:04 PM »

Mommabear, I believe the next in the series is called "Drums of Autumn." It is also fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
jamesdean
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2007 08:34:28 PM »

Oh I thought it was something like "Dragons of Amber"?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Flourless Chocolate Cake With Peanut Butter Custard
Maple Orange Granita Recipe
How to Make Olympic Torch Citrus Cupcakes
The Kallinis Sisters Demonstrate Fun Ways to Display Your Cupcakes
How to Eat, Decorate, and Display Cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcakes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...