A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
738 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Used Book Swap Gallery!  (Read 6136 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lindsoriah

In character at all times

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: July 03, 2007 06:35:27 PM »

I got my package from psyche today!  I don't remember what all I told her, but I know it wasn't enough for her to have been this dead on with my tastes and interests for reading.  Seriously, the girl has some kind of psychic ability.

The two books I got are Daughter of Troy  and For the Time Being.
http://pics.livejournal.com/lindsoriah/pic/0003hkpp/
She also made me these book corners, instead of book marks, with cute papers.  So cute!
http://pics.livejournal.com/lindsoriah/pic/0003k982/

Awesome!  Thank you so much psyche!  I actually have read a book by Annie Dillard before and was astounded by her prose, so i'm sure I'll like this one too.  The Troy story also sounds intriguing and informative so this package is really perfect!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, accessories, disguises, animals, riding my bike, pen pals, and the Lone Star State.
thecoffindontwantme
« Reply #51 on: July 03, 2007 08:07:23 PM »

Here is the awesome book I got from theatregirl25.
I can't wait to start reading it!  Smiley

And here are my two lovely bookmarks.

Seeing the ones she made really makes me question my bookmark making abilities. These are so cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StarFire
Maker of Things.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 03, 2007 11:18:35 PM »

I recvied from Muria over the weekend (I was out of town)! 

Here is a pic of what she sent:

I cant wait to start reading the book!  The crocheted bookmark is wonderfully done and she sent me an extra item!  A paperback clutch covered with an aqua colored velvet-like fabric!  Very handy!  Thanks much, Muria!

Also, here is a closeup of the bookmark I made for Muria:

Glad you like it, Muria.  I fell in love with it so much, I was tempted to keep it for myself. <3
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007 11:21:19 PM by StarFire » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can do personal swaps!  ^_^

Pinterest!  http://pinterest.com/dmlinc2179/
dreamergirl
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2007 02:06:48 AM »

The blue crocheted bookmark looks sooo beautiful. And I love the green cross-stitch bookmark too. Is it cross-stitch or are my eyes not ok today? sorry.

Seeing all these cool bookmarks using textile techniques like weaving, crocheting, embroidery, etc. is really inspiring. I might just have to take up some more crafts. Seriously, I think crochet is one sexy craft. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mommabear1963

Life is a Long Lesson in Humility"Isaac Asimov"

« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2007 06:12:23 AM »

Thanks for the warning, I reported to moderator.  Anyway, I am sorry that it has taken me so long to post pics, but finally here is the neat package that Linneybelle sent me.

Until Forever by JoHanna Lindsey.  My daughter has already read this one (in 2 days) and gone to the library to get more by this author.

next; God Game by Andrew Greeley.  I have never read anything quite like this before.  It took me awhile to get into it but I stuck with it and now I really like it. 

Now the lovely book marks;

This one says "Never forget, music is too important to leave to the professionals".  I love it.
This one is like a treasure map, I love it too. 

Thank you Linneybelle, it has been great fun. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Linnybelle
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2007 08:41:32 AM »

I'm glad you liked everything mommabear1963. And I'm glad you sent pictures.  I just realized today that I'd forgotten to take pictures before I sent them.   

This has been a great swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
Saor
Crafting for more years than I care to remember!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2007 09:08:23 AM »

I received from Innocentpeace143. She sent me two great books.

First, a beautiful edition of Geisha by Lisa Dalby(I love all things geisha)

http://www.amazon.com/Geisha-Liza-Dalby/dp/0520204956/ref=pd_bbs_3/104-9397553-3582342?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1183564728&sr=8-3

Second, Daughter of Fire by Katherine Scherman, about Iceland. I have a fascination with cold icy places.

I told my partner I am always misplacing my bookmarks so she sent me one that has seeds to plant with it so I won't lose that Grin

Thank you Melissa - I hope you like what I sent. I am sorry it was a little late. And thanks for a great swap Twizted...

I'll post pictures later.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lindsoriah

In character at all times

« Reply #57 on: July 04, 2007 08:06:10 PM »

Seriously, I think crochet is one sexy craft. lol

Crochet is actually argued to be the origin of the word 'hooker', from when lace crocheters weren't paid enough to survive without turning a few tricks on the side.  This I learned from Debbie Stoller's book, so don't yell at me if it's incorrect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, accessories, disguises, animals, riding my bike, pen pals, and the Lone Star State.
Muria
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2007 08:24:01 AM »

Thanks for posting better pics of your bookmark StarFire!  My camera is very nice for things like pictures of people, famous landmarks...  not so good for detail shots (taking the pic from the usual focal range and cropping can only do so much).  Smiley

StarFire was the recipient of my first adventure with my hot melt rhinestone setter.  Smiley  The book cover (no books were harmed in the making of the book cover, btw.  It's a blank cover from a local surplus store) has her name and a small book design done in crystals on the front.  Smiley  I hope they stay on ok (not sure stretch velvet was the best fabric to work with for those, but it was a little late when the thought occured to me).   I'm glad you like everything!

I liked the bookmark I made, too, but I'm now seriously reconsidering the thread crochet sweater I was going to make myself.  Either I'm holding my crochet hook too tightly, or thread crochet is really hard on the hands. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2007 12:51:28 PM »

I received my books from bluesparkie and I love them!  Here's a shot of both (we had agreed to send one fiction and one craft/cook book)

I think you'll agree that the "Discover a Lovelier You" is top notch! Take a look at these!!!!

And this is a bit hard to decipher, but this is how I can match my makeup to whatever colored top I have! So, according to this little chart, I wear a yellow top, I wear yellow eyeshadow!

Love it!

She also sent two lovely bookmarks that immediately found homes in books upstairs!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007 12:52:18 PM by lapoli » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Sexy Hair Waves with a Hair Straightener
How to Create Sexy Waves with a Ceramic Hair Flat Iron
How to Get Silky Smooth Straight Hair
How to Care for Your Flat Iron
How to prepare your hair for styling
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...