A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
545 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Used Book Swap Gallery!  (Read 6704 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Muria
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2007 06:31:32 PM »

I think I got stuck when I tried to read The Once and Future King.  Mary Stewart had a fairly good Arthur series, if anyone is interested (first one is The Crystal Cave). 

I read a lot more of the really trashy romance novels when I was a teenager, but my big thing was the historical romances (woman has sex with her true love, marries his imposter cousin/brother/male relative who bares an uncanny resemblance to her true love, ends up pregnant, and the true love presumes she's a golddigger, completely forgetting about the look alike cad, then finds out the truth and they all live happily ever after). Getting married kind of made them look ridiculous, so I haven't read one in years.  Smiley

I'm sending my partner an excessively lengthly list of authors/fantasy series that I enjoyed.  Seeing the Arthur book in the gallery made me add Mary Stewart and Elizabeth Goudge to the list (Elizabeth Goudge because when I was reading Mary Stewart, I read a lot of Elizabeth Goudge, too).  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
misswendiki
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2007 09:02:02 PM »

Wow, that's a great package you got, annaonthemoon! That bookmark looks very interesting. What is the book on the left? My pathetic peepers can't quite make it out. And I can vouch for Bloody Bones by LKH. I absolutely loved the first 15 or so books in the Anita Blake series.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BeccaJaneStClair
Follow the Butterflies....

I'd rather swing on the moon than a star.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2007 09:13:11 PM »

Wow, that's a great package you got, annaonthemoon! That bookmark looks very interesting. What is the book on the left? My pathetic peepers can't quite make it out. And I can vouch for Bloody Bones by LKH. I absolutely loved the first 15 or so books in the Anita Blake series.
It's called Ghost of a Chance..Ican'tmake out the author and i put he books in the other room, so I'll grab it later and post the author.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(formerly AnnaOnTheMoon)

http://blog.beccajanestclair.com ~ http://annaonthemoon.livejournal.com ~  http://www.wists.com/annaonthemoon  ~ http://pinterest.com/annaonthemoon
jamesdean
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2007 05:57:52 PM »

I received a great package from elfslovelies, some great books, bookmarks and a great do not disturb door hanger. I'm going to try and post pictures tomorrow before I leave town. But if I don't I will definitely do it when I get back. elfslovelies was a super partner to work with, she sent me the following books (we agreed ahead time that we would swap extras) :
Master of Desire by Kinley MacGregor
High Energy by Dara Joy
Undead and Unwed by Mary Janice Davidson
Wolf at the Door by Christine Warren
How to Marry a Marquis by Julia Quinn
They all sound fantastic and plan to have them read before the end of vacation!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Muria
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2007 06:33:21 PM »

It's called Ghost of a Chance..Ican'tmake out the author and i put he books in the other room, so I'll grab it later and post the author.

It's by Yasmine Galenorn (I love amazon.com).  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
BeccaJaneStClair
Follow the Butterflies....

I'd rather swing on the moon than a star.

« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2007 07:19:57 PM »

It's by Yasmine Galenorn (I love amazon.com).  Grin
thanks! i totally forgot I was going to check on the author.  hi, I'm scatterbrained right now.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(formerly AnnaOnTheMoon)

http://blog.beccajanestclair.com ~ http://annaonthemoon.livejournal.com ~  http://www.wists.com/annaonthemoon  ~ http://pinterest.com/annaonthemoon
Linnybelle
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2007 08:23:57 PM »

Ooo~ Julia Quinn.  She's one of my vice authors!  It looks like a fun list.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
coral
Yarn Rescuer!

beer gut

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2007 08:55:45 PM »

I got an amazing package from logger-ithmic today! She was the perfect swapper and totally hit right on all my tastes! I'll post pics later tonight or tomorrow.

Coral
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get some yarn! Jewelry! YARN! 
www.blackcoral.etsy.com

Vintage Sewing Patterns!!
www.saltwatersupply.etsy.com
crafty_karen1
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2007 10:57:39 PM »

I sent zero cool the embroidery stitch bible and "The Midwitch Cuckoo's" by John Wyndham. Here are the bookmarks I sent along with them;

THIS ROCKS   Logged

koi

crochet is my thing!

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2007 02:13:29 AM »

I received from balletfreak!

the lovely crochet books I wanted soo much and the cutest matrioshka bookmark! you really know me!

me with my little girl and the amazing headband balletfreak made for me!

me with all the goodies together!

My dear thank u soo much! You are a great swap partner!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007 02:18:30 AM by koi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Get a Cute Gym Hairstyle That Will Stay Put
Serge Normant Shows You How to Look Like Sofia Vergara
How to Do a Messy Mermaid Braid
Get Simple Beachy Summer Waves
Best Hair Care Products For Ethnic Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...