A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Used Book Swap Gallery!  (Read 6130 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

koi

crochet is my thing!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2007 12:38:28 AM »

Balletfreak received Smiley, so I can post the pics of what I sent her! Unfortunately I forgot to take pics of the beaded bookmarks I made her Sad, maybe she will post some later!

the books!

the ballet necklace I made for her!

ballet pendant details!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TwiztidBlood
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2007 05:45:32 AM »

i LOOOVE the necklace, that is absolutly gorgous
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I just moved to a new loft, please contact me for my new mailing address!
My Wist
princesskaos15
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2007 06:03:48 AM »

That necklace is amazing! I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

--Melinda

My Wists
Muria
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2007 08:27:15 AM »

Yay! I finally got some picture uploading time! I received from Starfire a few days ago:

Excuse the picture quality, but it's a really pretty card, an awesome stitched bookmark, and Marion Zimmer Bradley's Mists of Avalon.

Thanks StarFire! I hope you like what I sent you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
dreamergirl
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2007 08:54:10 AM »

Everyone's books and boookmarks are so cool. I especially love the octopus bookmarks. They are sooo cute  Cheesy And the "The Island Of Doctor Moreau" by HG Wells looks like a beautiful edition - I just love the red cover. koi, you made such a beautiful ballet bracelet. All the woven/knitted/crocheted bookmarks are all fabulous.

btw. I received from lilylola today. And I am so happy about her parcel to me! Grin  Hopefully we'll arrange to get the pics up here soon and you all can see the prettiest crocheted bookmark. I'm usually the type to stick a bus ticket or a folded piece of paper between the pages as a bookmark, so finally I have a beautiful bookmark to use when I read.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007 08:55:17 AM by dreamergirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
princesskaos15
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2007 11:23:44 AM »

I recieved from meg2101!

Here's all my lovelies:

List:
  • Wizard's Castle by Diana Wynne Jones
  • Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
  • 3 bookmarks

Wizard's Castle:
This is actually two books in one.
Howl's Moving Castle:
It's been 50 yeas sonce the Witch of the Waste last terrorized the land of Ingary, so when a tall black castle appears on the horizon, moving daily from place to place, everyone thinks it's the Witch. But it belongs to Wizard Howl, who, it is said, likes to suck the souls out of young girls. Quietly working in her father's hat shop, Sophie is happy not to venture into the streets alone... until the day the dreadful Witch turns her into an old lady. Now Sophie must seek her fortune on the open road, where her dull little life becomes adventurous indeed, To get her own body back she must enter the mysterious roving Castle, tame a blue fire-demon, strike a bargain with Wizard Howl, and meet the Witch of the Waste head on!

Castle in the Air:
Far to the south of Ingary, in the Sultanates of Rashpuht, lives Abdullah, a young and not very prosperous carpet dealer who loves to spend his time daydreaming. In his dreams, he is the long-lost son of a mighty prince, bethrothed to a highborn beauty who lives in a palace as magnificent as his own. But Abdullah is content with his life... until the day a stranger sells him a magic carpet. That night, the carpet. That night, the carpet flies him to an enchanted garden. There he meets and falls in love with the beautiful princess Flower-in-the-Night, only to have her snatched away by a wicked djinn. Aided by a genie in a bottle and his own wits, Abdullah bravs an angry sultan, a horde of desert bandits and a formidable feline to rescue his princess, a journey that will take him north to Ingary, and a castle in the air...

Ella Enchanted:
At her birth, Ella of Frell was the unfortunate recipient of a foolish fairy's gift- the "gift" of obedience. Ella must obey any order given to her, whether it's hopping on one foot for a day and a half, or chopping off her own head! But strong-willed Ella does not tamely accept her fate. Against a bold backdrop of princes, ogres, giants, wicked stepsisters, and fairygodmothers, Ella goes on a quest to break the curse- once and for all.

And here's a close up of the knitted bookmark:

Isn't it lovely?

Thank you so much!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

--Melinda

My Wists
Muria
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2007 12:40:56 PM »

I love Howl's Moving Castle (and almost every other Diana Wynne Jones book)!  They kind of switched things all around for the movie version, by the way. I didn't know they had a two in one book with it. I'll have to look for it when my copy needs replacing.  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007 12:55:24 PM by Muria - Reason: typo. :-\ » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Muria

Where did all this fabric come from? I CAN'T have bought THAT much!
ALL the boards craftalong: 11/40
Beginning wister
Will personal swap for coins from 1944
meg2101
Wand-Totin' Browncoat Ninja

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2007 12:52:03 PM »

Howl's Moving Castle is my favorite movie, the book is much, much more indepth and complicated. I think they just simplified everything for the film version.  Smiley By the way, one of the bookmarks has an image from the movie, and the other one is some HP art from makani.deviantart.c om.

I received a fabulous package from princesskaos15 yesterday!  Grin I've already dug into one of the books and it looks quite interesting.

Here's everything together, she sent me custom book plates to put in my books with my name on them, a really sturdy metal bookmark with interchangeable charms and a paper bookmark. Grin

The first book is The Donovan Legacy, which consists of three books and looks really cool, it's my partner's favorite series. And the second one is called City of the Beasts and it's about the amazon, I've gotten a ways into it and I really like what I've read. Smiley

Pictured with Fred for scale.

Thank you so much princesskaos15!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007 12:54:56 PM by meg2101 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

|| Wist | Flickr | Icon by me ||
Dawn Octopus
I wish I had 8 tentacles.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2007 12:55:21 PM »

Cute kitty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud pre-adoptive Mother Smiley
sarush
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2007 05:50:10 PM »

i received my package from Jessimacuh yesterday  Grin

we agreed on two books and said yes to bookmarks (who wouldn't, right?)

first up, a lovely card that greeted me:

can we say perfect penmanship?

then, only one book in this shipment because at the last minute, she couldn't part with the other book. how funny, we all have books we just can't part with. i'm the same with several of mine. but, she's mailing me another copy of it. and even neater, her friend wrote the book! here is the book i got:

i already started reading it, hence why this picture was taken on my nightstand. it's about the slang words that are so ingrained into our daily lives. i only read the introduction but since i don't have to get up early tomorrow, i may stay up reading it.

onto the bookmarks:

they are all made out of this really pretty patterned paper and some have phrases, my name or quotes. i only sent 2  Embarrassed

thanks jess and thanks twiztidblood too. this was such a fun swap  Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007 05:51:52 PM by sarush » THIS ROCKS   Logged

[ craft log ] [ wists ]

my job is sending me to training in the dc area from october to march. great for the career and social life but bad for the crafting.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Apple, Cinnamon and Pecan Tea Cake Recipe
Watertown Relish Radio Show
Watertown School Cooking Visit
Discovering Limburger Cheese
Watertown South Dakota County Fair
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...