A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,480
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little boys patterns?  (Read 1099 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tuff_as_snails

I will flim flam the day lights out of you!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 14, 2007 09:46:50 PM »

Does any one know of any cute toddler or infant boys patterns? Or at least unisex?  I keep looking but they are all for girls!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

karls_mommy
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2007 11:15:16 AM »

Burda has some cute boys clothes.  And you can dress them up a bit.  I do stuff like make the pants pocket with a special fabric (pirate themed cotton for one), and then make a button up shirt in that same fabric. Voila! Cutesy outfit.  I only have one child, a boy, and I always struggle with that, so I feel your pain.  But Burda has the best ones that I have seen so far.  You can do a real thorough search either at the Burda site, or check out SewingPatterns.com which offers all of Burda, and many others.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tuff_as_snails

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2007 12:33:50 PM »

Thanks alot!  I cant believe how hard it is to find good boys stuff!  I only have a girl, so i haven't tried looking much until now, I'm trying to make my friends kid some thing...its hard!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cheytown
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007 02:36:52 PM »

i agree that Burda seems to have the best stuff, though i haven't done much looking either. also, if you are looking too see how patterns look all made up by real people, patternreview.com is a great site. i think you can search on pattern numbers as well as terms such as "boys pants."
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lyland
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007 05:52:48 AM »

Have you tried Ottobre?

http://www.ottobredesign.com/

Take a look at Spring or Summer 2007 (I forget) there are some really cute things. 
I have a little boy too and it is hard.  Some nice things are simple tunics in unexpected fabrics like a very small floral / Liberty style(hush don't tell DH!) paired with really rugged pants, etc...  Or simple shapes but layering loud colour combination.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
atomic mary
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007 06:02:40 AM »

the latest simplicity has come out with some new boys/men's patterns. they are usually cheaper than burda and easier to get than ottobre. there's not much but they are coming along. i have 2 boys and i think i'll try making some of the new simplicity for them.
atomic mary
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mekka
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007 01:51:30 PM »

Even though it has already been said, I must chime in and say Ottobre magazine is terrific! I have all boys and was very frustrated finding little boy patterns.  I also made a post on sewing world (now no longer on the web) and ottobre was suggested to me.  I ordered it and have been thrilled ever since.  Now that my boys are a little older ottobre has very up to date and trendy patterns for boys (however the toddlers stuff is so cute I wish they were still little) that you will just not find in the big 4 magazines.  I use burda, but I still find ottobre to be for hip.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tuff_as_snails

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007 01:12:36 PM »

Yea I think Im going to order form them as soon as I have money, I have been obsessing about it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Portrait Retouching with Photoshop Elements - Sample Clip 2
Lightroom 2 Quick Tip
Tip for Lightroom 2
Black & White Imaging in Adobe Lightroom
How to Use Crop Tool and Adjustment Brush in Lightroom 2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...