A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,629
Currently Running With Scissors:
668 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: my new "Manhattan Versa" tote bag  (Read 4866 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Linds3485
« on: November 19, 2004 02:36:41 PM »

Here is my latest creation - I spent hours on it last night and I am more than pleased with how it turned out. I call it the "Manhattan Versa" tote. Please let me know what you think!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lindsay Designs Unique accessories for you and your pet. It's fashion. Unleashed.
homegirleh

this is not a llamatization!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2004 02:42:19 PM »

that is VERY classy! that could be used for all occasions...cutesy, evening, flirty and sexy. very cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Linds3485
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004 03:04:40 PM »

Thank you! I agree it is very versatile... which is exactly why I called it the Versa Tote. A very fitting name in my opinion. My boyfriend said it looked like a tuxedo... the black fabric is very similar to suit-jacket material... a lighter weight almost canvas-like fabric. The lining is pink and green cotton pinstripes... which reminds me of a men's formal collared shirt. I honestly didn't choose these fabrics realizing this unlikely similarity... shirt and jacket... and bowtie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lindsay Designs Unique accessories for you and your pet. It's fashion. Unleashed.
krazigal72
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Jeweled Whore

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2004 03:23:00 PM »

lindsay....i'm in love!! That is such a nice bag!! Are you keeping it or selling it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish go with the flow.

If you're gonna play with fire, then you're gonna get burned.

Craftster has the best Mod Squad ever. <3

Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
Linds3485
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004 03:36:51 PM »

I'm actually selling it... as cute as it is, black is not my color. Come to think of it... the only black piece of clothing I own is a formal skirt I've worn a whole two times. Wow.

I liked it so much I went back to the fabric store and bought some more of the fabrics. The black was on sale yesterday... or so I thought... turns out it was a mistake and today I had to buy it at full price. Should have bought more yesterday... darnit. Oh well.

I'm actually just putting it up on my website now. I want to do a "versa" series... with the same black canvas but with different linings and ribbons. Smiley

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arrhythmia
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2004 08:38:16 PM »

Thats a really wonderful bag. I love blackand pink, so it is definitely my cup of tea! You did a great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Idigmusic

Did I hear a niner in there?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004 09:16:55 PM »

it's very victoria's secret!! Cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"When the only tool you have is a hammer,
everything looks like a nail"
supergirl

I'm sick; You're tired; Lets dance.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004 09:32:31 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked I LOVE it!!!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Michelle[/size][/font]<3[/size]
Ainadaliel
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2004 09:56:28 PM »

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked I LOVE it!!!!!  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

I second that! LOL! I don't like sporting totes and classy bags...I'm more of a messenger bag type of gal...but i LOVE this bag!!! Smiley Veeeeeeerrrry chic!!! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Linds3485
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2004 11:48:22 AM »

Thanks everyone!  Cheesy

I'm really in love with this style right now... I just bought some cute teal and white polka dot fabric and I'm planning to make another one... same style... just with the teal lining. And since I have the entire week off for thanksgiving... I'll actually have TIME to make it! That probably means you'll be hearing from me a lot this week... muahahah.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
John Carter Cash Offers Readers Some Words of Wisdom
Phillipa Gregory Talks About The Boleyn Inheritance Part 1
Meet Author Tonya Reiman
Lt. Gen. Russel Honore Talks About Survival
Joanna Smith Rakoff Reveals Her Most Noticeable Trait
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Roll with Maple Cream Cheese Filling

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...