A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,948
Currently Running With Scissors:
731 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TUTORIAL: Straight Sided Triangular Cosmetic Bag  (Read 579606 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial , pouch , craftster_best_of_2007 , cosmetic_bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KittyCreates

So much crafting, so little time...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2007 01:13:21 PM »

That's lovely... I might just have to make one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I would go out tonight, but I haven't got a stitch to wear"

http://kittyscreations.wordpress.com/

http://www.ravelry.com/people/KittyCreates
mahkev
« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2007 06:57:08 PM »

I was inspired again by everyone to make another bag, since my first one wasnt all that great, I learned from my mistakes and made this one, also inspired by that last polka dot one, this is black with hot pink polka dots, my camera was making the pictures not as true to color and the fabric looks weird in the first picture

I even tried out a cute little tag for the fun of it, printed on iron paper and transfered to a pink ribbon, when I pinned into the seam, the needle left a little hole in it, woops

« Last Edit: September 16, 2007 07:01:15 PM by mahkev » THIS ROCKS   Logged

greeneggsandham

beat him when he sneezes

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2007 07:05:22 PM »

That looks great - love the colours you chose.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
vicrob
« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2007 04:05:00 PM »

Oh Mahkev - I made one with that same hot pink polka dot and pink lining. It was my first and had such a time with it. Guess I wasn't paying attention to the directions and had to rip it apart three times. It's finished now and really nice for my first sewing in years --and a zipper at that! I'm trying to get an early start for Christmas for the family and want to make totes with matching wristlets and also some pencil bags for the gchildren.
 No camera so can't post a picture.
Craftster is truly an amazing place. I came across it a while back looking for directions how to sew a rag denim tote -that I haven't finished yet because of all the awesome things I found to do here.
Vicki
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elisa_kawaii
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2007 06:58:45 PM »

First of all THANK YOU! I am making a swap to a friend and she needs a cosmetic bag. I was a little frightened but now with this tutorial I feel confident. Gonna make this weekend and post it here!

I just have a question: what is the size of the zipper? I am kinda new at sewing and have no idea about notions, ribbons, snaps and such.

Thank you again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
queenofdiy
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2007 01:46:32 PM »

Buy one that is either the same as or just larger than the top of your bag.  Of course, measure the teeth and not the end bits that don't have teeth.

Eg.  The pattern I did in the tut was 7.5" wide at the top (including seam allowances).  I would choose a zipper at least 7.5" long.  You can always shorten the zipper (which you can see in the pictures I do).
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dropdeadred77
« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2007 01:00:57 PM »

I saw this cut-out effect in a book somewhere and figured it would make a nice variation Cheesy

Looks like I need to lint-roll it hehe...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brookeincraftland
BROOKE

formerly was polKadOt_iT.then they took over :)

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2007 06:14:29 PM »

But I do have one quesiton. How did you stitch closed the lining? Just wondering. Thanks

brooke

I just handstitched the opening closed.  You could topstitch it if you didn't feel like handsewing.

Queenofdiy- thank you so much for answering. I know you are really busy! I top stitched it, I think what I did wrong was the sewing around to close the outside and lining just before you do the corners. I also think because I didn't have a zipper to the right length i used one a little long so I couldn't top stitch all the way around when done. I definately learned my lesson. I appreciate your answer that will help a lot. I was pretty pleased with my first one. Besides the two things I mentioned, the other stuff turned out perfect, I can't wait to try again. Thanks for the tute. I have been wanting to make those for some time. I am going to try a big one next.  Can't wait till your next entry!

brooke
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have paint all over my fingers and fabric all over the floor. Yeah it was a good day!
pinkanddinky
"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes." Proust

Sociologist with scissors

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 26, 2007 08:00:10 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to make such a great tute. That's the kind of project I never would have attempted without detailed instructions and photos. You make it look easy. I can't wait to try it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elisa_kawaii
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2007 07:25:15 AM »

I did it! Thanks for the tips on the zipper! I bought one with 20 centimeters (about 7") and worked perfectly!

Here are the photos:

Thank you again! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Customize Menus and Shortcuts in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Customize the Adobe Photoshop CS3 Workspace
How to Customize the Adobe Photoshop CS3 Interfaces
How to Customize the Adobe Photoshop CS3 Preferences
How to Use the Adobe Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...