A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 299,168
Currently Running With Scissors:
593 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Looking for Crafting Friends in NYC  (Read 7836 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kgo6050
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2007 04:03:49 AM »

kgo6050 - use www.hopstop.com. You put in start and finish addresses and what type of transportation (subway or bus) and it gives step-by-step directions, even pictures of the street outside the station to show you which way to walk if, like me, you're disoriented when you come aboveground. It's even compatible with a PDA like a BlackBerry.

Thanks Caecilia, that website is sooo helpful. I'm always confused once I actually come out of the station, then I call my boyfriend freaking out. He's going to love this site:-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Swap Friendly- Yarn, Fabric, Crafted items, just ask!
http://www.wists.com/kgo6050
scifibimoncon8
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2007 09:04:23 AM »

Hmmm...around Washington Square Park there's La Lanternia, though 'cozy' can quickly become 'crowded'...Caffe Reggio is right nearby...there's also the park itself, should the weather be pleasant. If anyone's up for Polish/Russian food along with their coffee there's Veselka a bit more on the East side, along with a dozen other cafes. MUD's closer to the 3rd ave. L stop...if anyone's got other suggestions I'd love to hear them. I do love Cakeshop, but it's not really near any subway stations.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around!"

More nonsense abounds at http://rarerborealis.com/
Caecilia42
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2007 07:05:39 AM »

If anyone's free tomorrow, I'd be up for a meetup at any of the places scifibimoncon8 mentioned around 1 or 2pm. Just name the place and I'll be the brown-haired girl knitting a sock.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
needlesandpins
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2007 09:27:03 PM »

ooh, i want in on the crafty meetup!  lemme know if any of you are planning to meet again.  sunday afternoons are great, and i do love the cakeshop.  also, we could try and go to one of the etsy labs wednesday afternoon tea parties.  what do y'all think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What you have to realize when you write poetry, or if you love poetry, is that poetry is just naturally the greatest goddamn thing that ever was in the whole universe." - james dickey
Acorn38
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2007 05:49:47 PM »

Sunday afternoons are pretty good for me... I would love to meet some crafty people, and learn some new stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AeonGoddess
Meme-queen

I dare you to make less sense.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2007 04:17:50 PM »

Don't know if people are still trying to organize this, but I'd love to hear more about it. If there are any LIC/Astoria people, Sunswick is a fine bar that usually pretty empty any night but Fri/Sat. And there's the beer garden, at least as long as it decides to be fall out and not winter.

Down for anything in Manhattan, though. We've got to make this happen, y'all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starlawill
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2007 04:19:17 AM »

where is sunswick? i used to live in astoria, at the broadway stop. i'm in forest hills now. i'll try to think of somewhere near me too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wildlili

*crafty eco-enthusiast*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2007 08:42:59 AM »

hey y'all!!

just stumbled onto this and wanted to see if you've gotten together? even if you already have, let's get the talks started again because i'd love to join you!

i was thinking about places to meet and a lot of delis have large second floor seating areas that are packed on weekdays at lunch but empty at other times, so i'm sure we could find one that's centrally located for all of us and meet there!

smiles, lily  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
starlawill
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2007 06:46:45 PM »

i agree. it doesn't necessarily have to be a really trendy spot. we haven't met up yet. alot of talk and no action...not meaning that to be rude! sorry. i'm totally guilty of this too. lol  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

timarie
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2007 01:51:08 PM »

Hey everyone! I'm not sure if any of you are located in Astoria or there abouts but a number of ppl from our neighborhood are having a craft fair this coming Sunday.

you can check the blog here: http://astoriacraftcollective.blogspot.com/

If you're interested in being a part of Astoria Craft Collective then just reply!!

Also, please stop by the sale this weekend. It is taking place at the Waltz Astoria at 23-14 Ditmars Blvd. For those of you who don't know, Astoria is extremely accessible. Take the N or W train to the Ditmars station, make a left onto Ditmars Blvd. then walk west(down in numbers) until you hit the Waltz Astoria between 24th and 23rd Streets.

There will be tons of beautiful things! AND you'll get a chance to meet some fellow nyc crafters!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Cat Mask
How to Make Halloween Favor Bags
How to Make Color Prints with Potatoes
Fish-Themed Party Activity with Martha Stewart
How to Make a Denim Holster
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...