A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,054
Currently Running With Scissors:
706 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Slice of Sweet Halter Top *link to action pics and pattern!!  (Read 15707 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

super hooker
« on: June 13, 2007 04:00:15 PM »

Hi! *waves* I'm Meg, and I'm brand new to Craftster!

A friend of mine showed me a picture of a triangle bodiced shirt today and asked that I write a pattern for it. Well, I wasnt too fond the shirt pictured so I went out on my own with it.

Annnd because I havent posted 10 times in this forum, I am not allowed to put a picture in this message. Sooo here is the link to the picture!

Well there you have it. It's not really as curvacious as it looks, Its just the way its laying. I have to get some little beads to sew onto it (resembling seeds), and I am thinking of making an applique or two to add later. DD isnt home right now (went to see her Nonny [gma] for a bit) so I'll try it on her later. I hope it fits. *fingers crossed*

I've also finished typing up the pattern! Go me!

Sooo...whaddya think??

Action pics

Oh, and for whomever asked, seeds like watermelon Smiley

Note: I JUST wrote this today. I have not had any testers. So, if you find an error or have a question/need a pic let me know! Thanks!! Also, if anyone makes this, I'd LOVE to see pics of the finished product!!

Slice of Sweet Halter Top
H Hook for sizes 3/4    I Hook for sizes 5/6.
Materials Needed
Lily Sugar N Cream Cotton
4oz pink (MC)
small amount of green (AC)
H or I hook
Tapestry Needle (plastic)
black embroidery yarn/floss (optional)
bugle beads (optional)

Special Stitches: V-Stitch (v-st): dc, ch 1, dc in same space.

Triangles (make two)
With MC:
Ch 5
Row 1: dc in 4th ch from hook and in each ch across. Turn (3dc)
Row 2: ch 3 (counts as first dc here and throughout) dc in same dc, dc in next dc, 2dc in last dc. Turn (5dc)
Row 3: ch 3, dc in same dc, work 1dc in each dc across to last dc, 2dc in last dc. Turn (7dc)
Row 4: ch 3, dc in same dc, 2dc in next dc, work 1dc in each dc across to last 2dc. 2dc in each of last 2dc. Turn (11dc)
Row 5: Repeat Row 4 (15dc)
Rows 6-7: Repeat Row 3 (19dc) Fasten off. Leave at least a 3 tail for securing triangles together.

Using a small but tight knot, tie tails together to join triangles.

Join AC with sl st to top of dc on outside of triangle.
Row 8: ch 3, dc in same sp, 2 dc in next dc, work 1dc in each dc across to last dc of triangle, 2dc in last dc. Work 1dc around joining knot. Beginning on second triangle, place 2dc in first dc, work 1dc in each dc across to last 2dc of triangle, 2dc in each of last 2dc. Ch 42 making sure not to twist chain. Join with sl to top of first dc in row 8. Fasten off AC. (44dc, 42ch sps)

With MC, Begin working in rounds.
Rnd 9: Ch 3, dc in each dc and ch sp around (86dc)
Rnd 10: Ch 4 (counts as dc+1 here and throughout) dc in same space (v-st made) *sk next 2 dc, v-st in next dc* Repeat * to * around to last 2dc. Sk last 2dc, sl in ch3 sp at beginning of round. (28v-st)
Rnds 11-24: Sl to next ch1 space. Ch 4, dc in same sp, v-st in each ch1 sp around. Join with sl in ch3 sp at beginning of round.

If making size 5/6 you may want to add a few more rounds to make it longer.Again, I havent had any testers so I cant be 100% sure on how many extra to add. I'd guess 4 additional rows would do the trick!

Rnd 25: Sl to next ch1 sp. Ch 3, 5dc in same sp. Sc in next ch1 sp. *Work 6dc in next ch1 sp, sc in next ch1 sp* Repeat * to * to end. Join with sl st to top of first dc in cluster. Fasten off.

With AC
Rnd 26: Join with sl to any sc in round 25. Ch 1, sc in same space. *sc in each of next 6dc of cluster, sc in next sc* Repeat from * to * to end. Join with sl st to top of first sc in round. Fasten off.

Straps: (make two)
With AC: Ch 51, sl st in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch sp across to last 7ch sps. Sc in next ch sp, hdc in next ch sp, dc in each of remaining 5 ch sps. Fasten off leaving long tail for sewing.

Edging:
With AC: Join with sl st on end of Row 8. Ch 1, sc in same space, work 1sc in each row end. Sc in first stitch of foundation chain, work sc evenly along top of triangle. Work sc evenly along edges of triangles, across top and down side of second triangle. Sc in each ch space on back of top. Join with sl st to first sc in this row. Fasten off.

Using tapestry needle, sew one strap along top each triangle.
Weave in any loose ends.

Optional:
A: Using tapestry needle and small amount of black yarn, embroider seeds onto triangles.
B: Sew beads onto triangles.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2007 07:57:29 AM by vanillaxlight » THIS ROCKS   Logged
jazzmarie
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007 04:27:17 PM »

Its Super Cute. Cant wait for the pattern.

Welcome !
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amigurl55

I already did!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007 04:41:20 PM »

Very cute top!  Good job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I told you: I only wrote that poem to test my printer!

My etsy shop: http://dollycouture55.etsy.com
OlalalaurenO

Mommy's little helper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007 05:05:03 PM »

Amazing job Meg!! Welcome to Craftster!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*Lauren*~

My Etsy!
http://theCraftyPrincess.etsy.com
Personal swaps are fun. We should try one.
aliciasjoy

my alien kitten

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007 05:06:29 PM »

It's adorable! Seeds, like for a strawberry? Cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

super hooker
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007 05:25:00 PM »

No, like a watermelon. Smiley I guess it could be like a strawberry but I thought the triangles on top looked more like a slice of watermelon. That's how I came up with the name too. Not really clever but cute enough!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mlkh
I love Bob Loblaw

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007 05:50:18 PM »

this is just too cute. the action shots are adorable. well done! watermelon rocks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Tobias Fnke: So what are your plans for this evening?
Bob Loblaw: I thought that maybe I would stay in and work on my law blog.
Tobias Fnke: Ah, yes. The "Bob Loblaw Law Blog". You, sir, are a mouthful.
Aelita

Yes I am Goth.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007 09:37:09 PM »

Oh another cute halter for me to make. Thanks for the pattern. And your little model is a cutie I love red heads they are adorable.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007 09:37:54 PM by Aelita » THIS ROCKS   Logged

There will always be people who say mean words  because you are different, and sometimes their minds cannot be changed. There are many more people who do not judge others based on how they look or where they are from. THOSE are the people whose WORDS truly matter.

http://li-lis-page.blogspot.com
woohag
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007 10:05:59 PM »

So cute, I love it! I'm currently making my second "Monica" Ruffle tank top for a friend's daughter (it's knit) but am going to crochet this for my little niece next. THANKS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://whittsknits.blogspot.com

I'm beyond your peripheral vision, so you might wanna turn your head.  ~Ani Difranco
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007 12:52:30 AM »

Thank you so much! Very cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Basic Still Life Oil Painting
Learn About Arabic Henna Designs
Learn About Indian Henna Designs
Learn how to Paint with Acrylics - Overglaze and Finishing
Learn how to Paint with Acrylics - Adding Shadows and Highlights
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...