A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
551 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: another fashion first aid  (Read 1189 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kneat

i like to dance with no pants

View Profile WWW
« on: June 13, 2007 03:49:39 PM »

i followed the pattern until i reached the strap. I really don't like chaining a ton of stitches so i SC 8 stitches on the side of the bag between the turning ridges. i worked about a zillion rows back and forth. then i seamed the strap to the bag but i used an overcast stitch so the seams on the side repeat the ridges that are used for the bottom of the bag. i really like it that way.

The bag doesn't look this wonky^^ in real life. Honest.

See?^^ it looks good on my shoulder.

Pictures taken outside my house. woo. To take the pictures I actually popped the Happy Hooker book inside the bag to give it some shape Cheesy

I whipped this out in a few days. There are alot of loose ends because I hate weaving in ends and I was stranding like fair-isle in knitting but I was worried I'd run out of yarn (I did but luckily I had another skein of Scarlet by Redheart) so on the horizontal part of the cross, I would break the yarn when i reached the white and reattatch it when i got back to the red part.

I should line it but I don't have the right fabric at the moment. I suppose I'll just fill it with all the tiny wallets/coinpurses/etc I like to carry around now.

P.S. I hated the yarn by the end. I use acrylic all the time but this yarn made my index finger on my right hand itch so so so bad. I don't know why. It started to be painful but I finished the bag thankfully. Probably the fact that the yarn was about 20 years old could be the problem.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2007 03:54:24 PM by kneat » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bury your head
chicknlittle
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007 06:16:46 PM »

I really like your bag!
I hear you on weaving in ends...hate that
nicely done!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007 12:09:12 AM »

Totally awesome! Great job!

Weaving in ends=EW.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
OlalalaurenO

Mommy's little helper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007 06:20:50 PM »

I love this! Its like something from M*A*S*H. I want a green one now..haha Great job!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*Lauren*~

My Etsy!
http://theCraftyPrincess.etsy.com
Personal swaps are fun. We should try one.
KnitterDawn
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2007 02:21:03 PM »

Nice job!  You are right, weaving in ends is the worst!  I just started this bag at lunch time today.  I am a nurse and thought it would be fun to carry my stuff in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2007 02:32:40 PM »

Nice job!  You are right, weaving in ends is the worst!  I just started this bag at lunch time today.  I am a nurse and thought it would be fun to carry my stuff in!

Haha, you'll be the most fashionable nurse around!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KnitterDawn
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2007 08:28:57 AM »

Yep, I think my patients will get a kick out of the bag.  I can't believe how fast it's going.  I'm to the top part of the white cross already, and didn't have a ton of time to work on it yesterday!  I'm fairly new to crochet, have been knitting for awhile.  I didn't realize that crochet was so much faster.  I'm an instant gratification kind of a gal, so I'm having fun with this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2007 10:51:23 AM »

Yep, I think my patients will get a kick out of the bag.  I can't believe how fast it's going.  I'm to the top part of the white cross already, and didn't have a ton of time to work on it yesterday!  I'm fairly new to crochet, have been knitting for awhile.  I didn't realize that crochet was so much faster.  I'm an instant gratification kind of a gal, so I'm having fun with this!

Yeah, I like instant gratification too. And I get bored with repetitive patterns easily, so I switched to crochet.

Can't wait to see the FO!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Strange Yet Effective Exercises by A.J. Jacobs
17 DAY DIET: How to Be Bikini-Ready For Summer
The Man Who Changed the American Food Culture
Learn How to Draw Neil Flambé
Meet Author Scott Westerfeld
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...