A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,699
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sausage Pants , No longer ! ..New finished pics added!  (Read 6810 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2007 11:27:22 AM »

Hello everyone ...
 Awhile ago .. I bought some cool pants ...after one washing and drying they shrunk ALOT ! so I cut of the too short bottom and made Capri's ... BUT after another wash and dry they continued to shrink and shrink and shrink...... so I decided to put laces up the side...

But ... Now I'm wondering ... DO THEY MAKE ME LOOK LIKE A POT ROAST/ SAUSAGE? Id really like some openions before I waste time doing the other leg ....
 so please please .. let me know ... Should I finish ? or is this a piece for the scrap bin ?

original tight leg

reconed lace leg

Also I plan on using something else for the actual lacing .. but what you see is what I had on hand ...

Thanks for looking ! Wink and please help ! Grin

Have a great day
Jayne

Ok .. apon everyones advice I decided to finish them .. I used thicker lace and did the tie/loop twice around each gromett methood.......Here is the finished pair... do you like ?

close up of the lace ...

thanks again everyone !
Jayne
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007 11:30:06 PM by violentjayne » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beeclef

The crafter formerly known as Bongirl5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007 11:30:50 AM »

I don't think you look like a sausage at all! I think they are tre cool, and very sexy!  You look great in them. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wonderfully Awkward - my blog http://www.bclef.com
whyme81687
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007 11:31:30 AM »

Personally i think they look great on you. You definitely don't look like a sausage
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The thing about glitter is, if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. 'Cause glitter doesn't go away. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
Rowdy Vamp Raquel
Sewing till the death...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007 11:35:18 AM »

They do not make you look like a sausage! From looking at your backside in the mirror shot, they make you look hot! I love you lacing idea, it makes the pants looks very cool. As for the shrinking problem. Stop washing them in hot water and/or do not put them in the dryer. That should help.

Mmmmm....sausage... ewww...pot roast...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onnub
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007 11:47:26 AM »

Not a sausage at all! 

But it might lessen the look if you laced them with some thicker ribbon so there isn't so much skin showing through, unless the skin is the point! 

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fortune favors the brave.
craftykaida
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007 11:52:18 AM »

Looks very cool. Do the other leg.

It's like... alternative sex
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mixi
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007 11:52:54 AM »

i know what you mean about sausage, but you dont look like one at all.  at least not in the pics.  do you feel that you have flesh poking out through the holes?  and another question, does it go up your couchie?  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CardinalCyn
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007 11:59:42 AM »

Cool idea, very creative! I'd knot the laces at each grommet so that the gap is an even width throughout, to get a more flattering line.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
loreleiariadne
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007 12:12:17 PM »

I think it looks uber sexy and you have more patience than I with shrinking clothes.  Good Luck!! I hope you post a completed shot!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

glitter is the herpes of crafts. once it gets on you, it never goes away!
violentjayne
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2007 12:29:58 PM »

i know what you mean about sausage, but you dont look like one at all.  at least not in the pics.  do you feel that you have flesh poking out through the holes?  and another question, does it go up your couchie? 

thanks guys ... no skin pokes ou and the kootchis ok .. they actually fit alot better than before ...

I like onnub Idea for thicker ribbin ...

Cool idea, very creative! I'd knot the laces at each grommet so that the gap is an even width throughout, to get a more flattering line.
an I love the knot Idea .. thank you so much .. I can believe I never thought of that .. Im so gonna do it...deffinetly regardless of what type of ribbin I use .. thanks so much for the ideas everyone ...

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About Hair Combs
Learn About Hair Rollers
How to Create an Upward Roll with Curls Underneath
How to Make Your Hair grow Faster
How to Use a Hot Rod in Hair Curling
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...