A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 309,710
Currently Running With Scissors:
628 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's Askew  (Read 5724 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

knittinfiasco
A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2007 06:24:12 AM »

Do you mean in a rectangular shape, but biased, also? Or exactly like the front?  If you want to make it like the front, you'll definitely want to have an extra ball or two.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007 06:24:42 AM by knittinfiasco » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dhaunae
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2007 07:20:45 AM »

Not sure what you meant by the back not seeming to match the front, but I'm going to try to at least semi match up the colors on my back and I'm considering adding the garter stitch ribbing as well; I haven't decided for sure on that yet as I'm just casting on the back today.  Those aren't going to be difficult changes and won't take much more yarn, just a little tweaking and a splice or two.  If you mean using the same bias pattern and handkerchief hem on the back, that would definitely require extra yarn.  Also I'd make the rear bias pieces a bit narrower to allow for the lack of stretching required back there.  Could be interesting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fishie
she of the sea

perfecting neuroticism since 1984

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2007 07:32:17 AM »

I guess I wasn't to clear!  It just bothered me so much I figured it would be obvious to other people as well.

It doesn't seem right to me that the front is pointed at the bottom, but the back is straight and is significantly higher at the bottom.  I REALLY like the front, but I hate the back.  I haven't taken too close of a look at the pattern, so I'm not sure if there's any shaping being used or not, and if I did make the back like the front then I know I'd need to take that into account as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it lives in the water or flies in the air, I'm in love with it. In New Zealand I saw a flying fish and almost wet myself.

Blog!
Etsy!
Wists!
Emily
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2007 08:37:28 AM »

Anybody made any progress?  I really want to get started on this one but I think I've got some more stash busting to do first...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cariad21
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2007 03:13:12 PM »

Count me in on this one.  I just ordered the yarn, it'll be here by next week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
irilab
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2007 02:09:39 AM »

I'm in too, if you don't mind! I've never knitted anything for myself (expect for some scarves and half a sock Wink) and I'm very bad at finishing projects, so hopefully this KAL will keep me motivated to finish this!
I'm almost finished with the first half of the front. I'll try to post some progress pics soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Singlemom
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2007 06:04:11 PM »

I have this started, but I got sidetracked by knitted nekkid men that The Cats Mother has been leaving all over hte place. Wink I also made several modifications:

1. I'm knitting it in one piece from the top down, adding the straps after I've completed the body.
2. I started at front center, and did yo increases 3 stitches from the end of each rs row. The decreases are regular decreases.
3. I've omitted the garter stitches, and am just doing stockinette (for now, I might add something special at the hem.
4. I'm just using a solid red cotton worsted weight yarn leftover that I got at a post-christmas sale.

I'll have progress pics sometime after Hell's Kitchen.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittinfiasco
A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2007 06:21:08 PM »

ooh! sounds cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Singlemom
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2007 08:33:03 PM »

Here are progress pics for my (sort-of) askew:

There's a bit of a view of the knitting.

Both front pieces together. The eyelets created by the yo increases will eventually be home to some sort of lacing.

I'm torn between working on this, finishing my knitted nekkid man, trying to create a knitted nekked woman, and finishing my huge grannysquare stash-busting blanket....sigh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
irilab
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2007 02:12:14 PM »

That's looking good singlemom, looks like you got a lot done allready!

This is what mine looked like a couple of days ago; I'm almost done with the first half front now, working on the strap, hopefully tomorrow I'm casting on for the second half!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use the Bridge CS3 in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Manage Colors in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Customize Menus and Shortcuts in Adobe Photoshop CS3
How to Customize the Adobe Photoshop CS3 Workspace
How to Customize the Adobe Photoshop CS3 Interfaces
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Solar Light Garden Mushroom

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...