A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,901
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knitty's Askew  (Read 5313 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

canarysanctuary
« on: June 13, 2007 08:51:24 AM »

Anyone up for a KAL for Knitty's Askew?

http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer07/PATTaskew.html

I have great plans for this one.  The pattern does call for wool, but I love to sub and mod and switch and add, and I think this pattern is perfect for that sort of knitting.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I am because my little bird knows me."
http://canaryknits.blogspot.com/

"Gentlemen! We can't *all* be the Honey-Nut Cheerios honeybee!" -Crow
Emily
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007 12:53:43 PM »

I'm in!

I love this pattern! 

I was looking for a tank pattern just as the new knitty came out, I had yarn in mind...and Askew presented itself at just the right moment...

I've got a few other little things to finish up, so I'll probably get started next week!

The yarn will be from Interlacements, an orange-brown-gold based varigated sorta thing, got it at Stitches West, 700 yards for $20!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
canarysanctuary
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007 01:45:54 PM »

Great Smiley  I'll be able to CO next week too.

The yarn colours you've chosen are exactly the ones I love! (and perhaps might be using too).  I have to see how far I think I can stretch 4 balls of Rowan HandKnit Cotton DK (yeah, I know the gauge will be off, but I might be making it lacy, and so can up the needles). 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Emily
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007 07:53:58 PM »

Here's my yarn...

Funny how you remember things, when I balled the hank, I felt like the color was a lot more of the rusty shades, but looking at it now it looks very grey-blue...

The dye job is very uneven--which is kinda why I like it--but I ended up getting cheaper because of it...some places the green is fern, some places it's emerald, some places the grey is grey but sometimes it's dark blue, sometimes it's light blue, sometimes it's almost purple!   I think the woman who colored it didn't like it, but I think it's perfect!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010 11:58:09 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
WIPs

The WIPs Phenomenon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007 08:21:17 PM »

Wow, never seen that pattern before!

I won't be knitting this, but I will be checking in every so often to see your progress!

Lovely yarn too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 Themes ATC: 1/100 Grin
sharre
life ain't always beautiful but its a beautiful ride

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007 08:25:01 PM »

I too have great plans for this one  Cheesy I am going to see if I can knit it out of my stash, so it could be interesting  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog and I are getting reacquainted

Desperate desire for 4 skeins of Knitpicks Bare Merino Wool/Silk Fingering Weight and Knitscene Fall 2007. Willing to oblige? PM me to work out a deal
deirs
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007 07:31:20 AM »

I just printed this out yesterday. I figured I wouldn't get started on it for a while, since I have so many other things already in my queue, and then there's the yarn issue. I'm trying not to buy anything new right now, and I didn't think I had anything that would work. However, Emily, your yarn reminds me of some Noro Lily Multi that I have. It doesn't stripe, but it is variegated. Prolly need to mess with gauge, but I can handle it! I'll have to see how it looks though - may look better in something self-striping, or solid, as opposed to the variegated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Emily
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007 07:51:23 AM »

I think you're right stripes vs varigated, stripes or solid would be better but it seems like half of craftster has the same thing in mind: stashbusting!   Grin

I try to have very few expectations, so I won't be too disappointed when a knit piece doesn't work...I'm actually getting much better at frogging the failures!  It was hard to do at first, but if it doesn't work, ya can't fight it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007 07:51:39 AM by Emily » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ejlown
I'm a momma on the brink

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007 08:07:27 AM »

I spotted this yesterday and promptly bought some Silk Garden to make it. I have some reservations about the assembly process, but it's too darn cute not to give it a try.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://mommaonthebrink.blog.com/

Knitting, crocheting, jewelrymaking and everything in between
canarysanctuary
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007 08:53:37 AM »

sharre and Emily - stashbusting rules!  I'm on a kick of that myself.  I just rediscovered some Debbie Bliss silk in yellow that I forgot I had, and so might make this "the one" for the pattern!

I've also got to dig up a lace pattern that I just might incorporate into the design.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Forever Young Book Trailer
Nina Malkin Reveals Her Previous Occupations
Meet Author Jennifer Chiaverini
21 Nights Book Trailer
Nikki Sixx Talks About Heroin Diaries Part 4
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...