A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,187
Currently Running With Scissors:
362 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: First completed t-shirt recon!! :D  (Read 1025 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

divabat
Faerie DivaBat

multicreative multicultural multitasking me

View Profile WWW
« on: September 12, 2007 04:29:35 AM »

I'm volunteering at the Brisbane Writers Festival and we just got our official festival t-shirt. I thought I'd snazz it up so I don't look like every other volunteer there. Also, I keep dreaming up t-shirt surgery ideas but never make them, so I figured I should start.

Of course, being one of my first attempts, it's not exactly perfect, but it's not too bad either.

Apparently I can't post pictures here yet, so click on the links to take a look at them...

The front of the t-shirt. This was originally the back but I liked this design better so I turned it around. (It can be worn backwards too, in case someone yells at me for wearing it "the wrong way".

The collar was expanding with every wear so I had to work out some way to stop it from falling off my chest. I sewed on elastic in the inner collar, then sewed on some satin ribbon to cover up everything. PAIN IN THE ARSE. Sewing, resewing, adjusting...gwargh! It's not as neat or perfect as I wanted it to be, but it's ok regardless.

Side detail! I cut the sides into strips and tied double knots. It made the t-shirt a bit tighter than expected (it snugly fit me earlier) but still works fine. Perhaps would work better on a t-shirt that's juuuuuuuuust too big though.

I was thinking of sewing on sleeves from another t-shirt that went really well with this. However, after the headache that was the collar, I think I shouldn't risk it.

Me trying to fit my head, the collar, and the side knots into the frame of the laptop webcam.

The back (formerly the front) of the t-shirt. If you're in Brisbane, come along and find me and say hi! You can see more of the side details from here.

so how is it for a first try? I'm a complete n00b at sewing.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010 08:33:01 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images » THIS ROCKS   Logged
homebunnyj
Maker of interesting things

Asheville rocks!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007 06:05:16 AM »

I like it! Very cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Your Hair Into Side Pinned Waves
How to Style Your Hair Into a Center Parting
How to Get Hot Holiday Hair
How to Create the Sleek-Chic Bun
How To Do A Crown Braid
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...